New York IV Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I am in the UK, I discover the previous night's setlist when I get up in the morning. I had a great dream that tonight's opened with Fire, the main set closed with Discotheque-Mofo, and the last song was Pride. The reality didn't quite live up to this!

pepokiss said:

and oif that damn slow encore come's back, then we're entering Rolling Stones' years... :|

Because the Stones are known for slow encores :rolleyes:

just got back this morning from NEW YORk.

LAST NIGHT WAS AMAZING!!!
I'll try and type up a review later, but it was a very good show, the band was on fire and the encore was insane.

Axver said:
Also, Chicago III's setlist in May was very standard solely because U2 were filming. Look at how diverse it was on the fourth night! Vertigo opening for the first time on tour, COBL in its latest ever spot, UTEOTW's tour debut, etc.

With the exception of the first Anaheim show, of course. :wink:

When the boys do more than 2-3 shows in one city at a time they probably feel they MUST choose at least one of the shows to change things up for fear the fans will really unleash on them. I bet this is why it has happened in places like Toronto, Chicao, NY......

i thought last nite was the best of the four shows this run. i especially liked the edge during ONE. i also thought the moment w/ the young girl on stage was.. poignant. i also thought the crowd was very enthusiastic yet respectful during the slower songs. not as much, "fockin new yawk, baby" stuff going on.

Acetic Acid said:
i thought last nite was the best of the four shows this run. i especially liked the edge during ONE. i also thought the moment w/ the young girl on stage was.. poignant. i also thought the crowd was very enthusiastic yet respectful during the slower songs. not as much, "fockin new yawk, baby" stuff going on.

agreed. thought the crowd was great last night. the place was rocking to SBS and Streets.

Best moment: Fast Cars, with edge doing the little dance with his guitar and the girl being onstage with Bono dancing. Great song.

sTUCk was incredible, they really nailed it. I thought WOWY was great too, with the "shine stars" at the end, i looked around at the whole arena and everyone was into it.

Back
Top Bottom