New York I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woohoo!!
It's party time.

Are you ready?

I'm ready, ready!
I'm ready, I'm ready for what's next!

And I'm predicting we won't be hearing those lyrics tonight.

Hello all. Will be in and out tonight, I think.

Axver, if I were going to a show, I would like to see WOWY - the song has really grown on me recently, so I would like to see it. Though, I think it belings in context:

Original of the Species -->
Yahweh (snippet, bridging the two songs) -->
With or Without You / One Step Closer (snippet) / Drowning Man (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Shine Like Stars

:D

Lila64 said:
according to atu2.com:

As U2 gets set to kick off a full week at Madison Square Garden, the word from today's GA lineup is: WET. Rain started falling a couple hours ago, and we're told the folks in the GA line are unable to go inside under a roof until 6 pm ET at the earliest. And oddly, arena personnel have also said no one will be allowed into the arena proper until 7:15 pm -- just 45 minutes before showtime.

Oh man, I feel for those GA folks! And how rude that the Arena folks won't allow them at least some cover from the rain! Hope it all works out. I was also so scared when I heard on the news last night about the possible security threat to the subway....I hope HOMELAND is ready. I'm praying nothing happens.

Should I try and remain unspoiled for the NY shows until I'm actually there Monday night?

:hmm:

Let's see if I can stay away from the party ...

Oooh how exciting Diane! :happy:

Lila, I was just thinking that it was probably raining there. If you look at the radar picture pretty well the entire eastern seaboard of the US and Canada is going to be affected by the rain.

Weather geek :nerd:

RavenBlue said:
Oooh how exciting Diane! :happy:

Lila, I was just thinking that it was probably raining there. If you look at the radar picture pretty well the entire eastern seaboard of the US and Canada is going to be affected by the rain.

Weather geek :nerd:

The shuffleboard competition for the Senior Games in Tampa was cancelled due to rain.

I know you are all heartbroken :wink:.

Lila64 said:
according to atu2.com:

As U2 gets set to kick off a full week at Madison Square Garden, the word from today's GA lineup is: WET. Rain started falling a couple hours ago, and we're told the folks in the GA line are unable to go inside under a roof until 6 pm ET at the earliest. And oddly, arena personnel have also said no one will be allowed into the arena proper until 7:15 pm -- just 45 minutes before showtime.

There's a major security watch in NY...a threat was made against the subway system yesterday. I'm guessing officials are being extra careful/anal with all events drawing big crowds. Kinda sad, really.

:shifty:

Lemon-22.jpg

:shifty:

Lila64 said:
Lucky you Diane! :wave: Seats or GA tomorrow?

Hi Miri (and other partiers). :wave:

Seats. I've got no GAs. :( But I'll still be happy to be there! :). And I'm hoping to meet at least one of the guys in the band before the week is over.

BTW, I met Rambling Rose, she's terrific! I met one4u2 and youtwohearts on Wednesday, and I saw Ruffian today too. They're all great gals.

Axver said:
Today's the day U2 set up shop and start their five night stand in New York! The much anticipated run of five shows that we all hope will give us some exciting setlist variety is finally upon us. Will the first night be anything extraordinary, or will U2 stick with a standard set?

I'm sure you know this already, but the ending of the Boston 2 show was supposed to be ABOY-->OOTS-->Bad.

Harbinger said:
Hello all. Will be in and out tonight, I think.

Axver, if I were going to a show, I would like to see WOWY - the song has really grown on me recently, so I would like to see it. Though, I think it belings in context:

Original of the Species -->
Yahweh (snippet, bridging the two songs) -->
With or Without You / One Step Closer (snippet) / Drowning Man (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Shine Like Stars

:D

I loved hearing WOWY in Boston, but if I'm perfectly honest, I think it's past its use-by date. Listening to WOWY from the Lovetown/JT tours is better than hearing it in person.

WOWY --> Extended Edge solo --> Shine Like Stars --> Love Will Tear Us Apart = perfect :drool:

Re: Re: New York I Setlist Watch and Party

Miringeltje said:

I'm sure you know this already, but the ending of the Boston 2 show was supposed to be ABOY-->OOTS-->Bad.

Yeah, shame they didn't do that. :(

Ooooh the good ol hockey gaaaame
Is the best game you can name
And the best game you can name
Is not this Pittsburgh vs Carolina game

What a snoozer!:shh:

Sidney Crosby is from my region.. but so far I haven't even heard them say his name. Weirdness.

Diane L said:
Do we have a source for tomorrow? I'll be there....

You are more than welcome to be the source :angel:

Pop Artist will text me tonite, and u2wedge may be contributing as well :whistle:

Just got a message - Keane is on

and on that note - I am going to hop in the shower!

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom