my tix is next to the stage will i be too close?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackman

Babyface
My ticket for the buffalo show is in sec 115 which is next to the stage. i have already seen them from the back of the arena so i got to enjoy the light show. i am wondering if the side of the stage is too close. what do you think?
:wave:

Yeah, wouldn't it suck to be close to U2? Front row must be the worst. :|

Yeah, I'm gonna trade in my front row seats to see the best band on earth and get some tix in the nosebleeds where i can "take it all in":huh:

Jackman, just kidding.

You'll have a great time....close is not close enough in my book.

Ok I was hoping that this would not look like a stupid question. And I was not trying to brag. I have been to some concerts where being side stage isn't that great. I wasn't sure if that was the case with this tour. I have always faced the stage. I had behind the stage in Philly but traded them for tickets facing the stage because I heard some negative comments about the lights. Thanks for everyones comments.

I sat behind the stage in Chicago in May and we missed a lot of the "light show." My sisters went to Chicago on 9/20 with seats at the end of the arena. They saw the "whole show" but were very distant from the stage, but they said it was a better show than the May show. I have seats right by the stage in Tampa and realize I'm not going to get to see much of the ilght curtain effects, but hey, Im' going to be right next to the stage .... :wink:

Hey jackman i am also in section 115 row 13 in the buffalo show. I was actually considering getting closer to the band in section 116, but the more i think about it is that section 115 might just be the perfect section. I do believe that we will get a great view of the lights and we are close enough to see bono come up to the tip of the ellipse, which would be right in front of us. Can't wait for Dec 9th!!!!!

My question about being beside/behind the stage is, do the curtains completely obstruct your view when they come down?

Being behind the stage, we could see "through" them most of the time. There are gaps in the curtains as well. They're not down all the time either, if I remember correctly.

swandiver said:
I sat behind the stage in Chicago in May and we missed a lot of the "light show." My sisters went to Chicago on 9/20 with seats at the end of the arena. They saw the "whole show" but were very distant from the stage, but they said it was a better show than the May show. I have seats right by the stage in Tampa and realize I'm not going to get to see much of the ilght curtain effects, but hey, Im' going to be right next to the stage .... :wink:

Hey, what section are in at the Tampa show? I'm in 126, Row W. I've never been in that arena, and the official seating chart sucks, so I have no idea what the view will actually be like.

swandiver said:
We're in section 118. If you go to the site below, you can check out what the view is from your section!

www.icepalace.com

I checked it out. Unfortunately, it shows me all the views except the one from my section (it says 'seats not available for events"). I still don't really know what's in store for me. Thank you, though.

Back
Top Bottom