msg time to line up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peaceonearth

Babyface
I got GA ticket but I'm real short and afraid if I dont get somewhere up front wont be able to see much. What time should I line up?

It depends -- on Friday, I got there at 8:30am, was #56 in line, and (thanks to getting in the ellipse) was front-row on the rail in front of Edge.

Yesterday, I got there at 10:45am, was #80 in line, and (again, after scanning into the Ellipse) was 2nd row, between Edge and Bono.

I do not have GA today but walked by the line at like 1:30pm and there only appeared to be a few dozen people there.

jon_lemire said:
It depends -- on Friday, I got there at 8:30am, was #56 in line, and (thanks to getting in the ellipse) was front-row on the rail in front of Edge.

Yesterday, I got there at 10:45am, was #80 in line, and (again, after scanning into the Ellipse) was 2nd row, between Edge and Bono.

I do not have GA today but walked by the line at like 1:30pm and there only appeared to be a few dozen people there.

gawd... got scanned both times...and in a row.. either u are one lucky person or you know the secret behind the lottery..:hmm: :shifty: :scratch:

I know, I know. I'm really lucky and counting my blessings. I'm actually 3-for-3 in getting in the ellipse, for I was scanned in back in May in Boston.

(And, um, I got a guitar pick Friday and a Bono autograph yesterday. Don't hate me!)

I've gotten in the GA line at 445pm each day and had an excellent spot on the rail next to the catwalk each time. I am short. So, I would say definitely it's not necessary to stand in line all day out there.

If you are short, I would recommend lining up by 10am but that's just me, if you are on the rail or one row back you should be able to see fine.

I'm 5'9, and I still lined up early. I just wanted to make sure I had a good spot and be able to be lean on the railing ( bad back).

jon_lemire said:
I know, I know. I'm really lucky and counting my blessings. I'm actually 3-for-3 in getting in the ellipse, for I was scanned in back in May in Boston.

I got lucky too. Scanned in 4 times in a row. Twice in Chicago. Front rail of ellipse. Twice at MSG. Front rail of ellipse. Bono was tired of seeing me by the forth time. He even said to me (while smiling), "No more...no more..." We had a good laugh about that.

I would say, if you are short line up early. Even if you're not short, being on the rail really helps with bad back situations (and getting on stage). If you so desire. :wink:

thanks that was really helpful and I hope some of the luck rubs off and I can get into the elipse

HelloAngel said:
I've gotten in the GA line at 445pm each day and had an excellent spot on the rail next to the catwalk each time. I am short. So, I would say definitely it's not necessary to stand in line all day out there.

inside the ellipse or outside?

I've been to three GA shows and have not gotten in once. :(

I hate* you lucky bastards** who keep getting scanned in to the Ellipse. :mad:

(*not really)
(**I don't really mean that)

corianderstem said:
I've been to three GA shows and have not gotten in once. :(

I hate* you lucky bastards** who keep getting scanned in to the Ellipse. :mad:

(*not really)
(**I don't really mean that)

im 0 for 7 with an average waiting time of over 19 hours per show

so yes, i do really hate those people

Chizip said:

inside the ellipse or outside?

Directly on the outside of the ellipse on the far right- which is equivalent to the middle of the ellipse on the inside. I got that twice having lined up at 445. :shrug:

Chizip said:

im 0 for 7 with an average waiting time of over 19 hours per show

so yes, i do really hate those people

when waiting in line all day, i'm 0 for 1.

when not waiting a single second in the GA line?

saturday.JPG

monday.JPG

2 for 2.

:wave::kiss: love you too shnookums :heart: :flirt:

along the rail after lining up at 4:45pm?? craziness

i hate you headache

i used to be an upbeat, cheery type person, but this lottery has turned me into the bitter old man you see today

HelloAngel said:
I'm 0 for 2 with the ellipse. :sad: And don't have anymore GA tickets for the tour.

well the good news is i dont have to hate you :wink:

I have one, possibly two more shots at Ellipse-dom. But I can't complain too much - 2 out of 3 of my GA tickets so far have ended up with me in very good spots. Thank god for short people standing in front of me at the rail.

Back
Top Bottom