Montreal backstage - No soundcheck appearance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
Hey all, just got back from the Montreal show. Amazing, fabulous. First time in 13 years seeing them from seats though :s that was a bit different.

Anyway, anyone know what time the guys showed up at the venue? I was there waiting from 2:30pm until 5:15pm. It was freeeeezing. Snowing all day and -7. I could not feel my fingers or toes near the end.
We were told at around 4pm? that they weren't coming to do their soundcheck that it was being done for the, We decided to stick around anyone just in case they came before 5pm. We ended up leaving at 5:15pm, and I curious to know when they finally showed up. If someone says 5:30pm I will cry.

On an aside- I was never more appauled by a U2 fan than I was this afternoon. This dofus showed up at around 4pm... just starts walking around like he owns the place. Disregards any semblance of order and the barricades security had set up. Actually walks into the venue whne the doors opened to talk to security. Anyway, the worst was when a balck buick showed up he went running after, knocked on th windows, stood in fron of the vehicle blocking it from continuing. The person in the back rolled down the window and started yelling -wtf are you doing? $%!%#@^ He just continued trying to get his head in the car to see if Bono was tehre. It was disgusting. We left shortly after that. I had no desire to be around people like that, so disrespctful to everyone who had been waiting nicely and beyond disrespectful had that been a band member,.

I digress... but dude, if you are an Interfencer- what were you thinking? or more importantly- what were you on? Horrible horrible display of fandom.

Oh and just a comment on an otherwise great show- the sound for the first song was awful. You couldnt understand anything Bono was singing and the music was distorted and just plain old awful.

I guess they should have shown up for soundcheck afterall. Thankfully the sound engineers got things settled after one or two songs. Anyone else notice this problem?

Angel said:
On an aside- I was never more appauled by a U2 fan than I was this afternoon. This dofus showed up at around 4pm... just starts walking around like he owns the place. Disregards any semblance of order and the barricades security had set up. Actually walks into the venue whne the doors opened to talk to security. Anyway, the worst was when a balck buick showed up he went running after, knocked on th windows, stood in fron of the vehicle blocking it from continuing. The person in the back rolled down the window and started yelling -wtf are you doing? $%!%#@^ He just continued trying to get his head in the car to see if Bono was tehre. It was disgusting. We left shortly after that. I had no desire to be around people like that, so disrespctful to everyone who had been waiting nicely and beyond disrespectful had that been a band member,.
:tsk: that is appalling behaviour. :down:

It was pretty bad. As much as I wanted to meet the band, I was glad they werent in that car because of the way that guy wss acting.

Angel said:
Oh and just a comment on an otherwise great show- the sound for the first song was awful. You couldnt understand anything Bono was singing and the music was distorted and just plain old awful.

I guess they should have shown up for soundcheck afterall. Thankfully the sound engineers got things settled after one or two songs. Anyone else notice this problem?
i wasn't at tonight's show, but at the show i attended (tampa, florida) i noticed the same problem. the sound for the first couple songs was awful. is this a common occurrence? i'm surprised it happened again.

I have had GA tickets for the one other show this tour and for the four I attended during Elevation so i was worried that maybe this was how it sounded from the stands. Thankfully it wasnt, but we lost out on City of Blinding Lights, thats for sure.

COBL and vertigo sounded off from the Ottawa floor but not horrible. both vocal and music were a little too loud and distorted.

with the start of elevation though, everything seemed fine. id forgotten how loud the floor is though.

Yep the sound during COBL and Vertigo was terrible in Ottawa as well. Luckily it was fixed by the time Elevation came up.

How did you find the show kobayashi?

Oh man, u left at 5:15...They showed up at about 5:30-5:45...somewhere in that time slot...well maybe u can catch them monday.

:|

just my luck

so how did Krusty behave? did they all get out and do meet and greats?

Ah well I suppose U2 arriving around 5:45 is the reason for skipping their soundcheck then. That's later then they usually arive at the venue.

Edge, then Bono and then Adam came out to greet the crowd. They signed some stuff...shook hands. That was about it.

Back
Top Bottom