Millennium Dome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reggiethedawg

The Fly
Just heard on Virgin Radio (main news headline) that the Millennium Dome is due to undergo a £2 billion redevelopment to turn it into a state of the art concert venue, and that both Paul McCartney and U2 are amongst artists signed up to perform there.

Personally, I can't imagine 2 billion pounds worth of redevelopment being completed at any time within the next year, so I don't imagine they're playing again next summer, but who knows?!

At the very least it hopefully bodes well for another U2 tour in the next few years, and thats gotta be good news :drool: :drool: :drool:

reggiethedawg said:
Just heard on Virgin Radio (main news headline) that the Millennium Dome is due to undergo a £2 billion redevelopment to turn it into a state of the art concert venue, and that both Paul McCartney and U2 are amongst artists signed up to perform there.

Personally, I can't imagine 2 billion pounds worth of redevelopment being completed at any time within the next year, so I don't imagine they're playing again next summer, but who knows?!

At the very least it hopefully bodes well for another U2 tour in the next few years, and thats gotta be good news :drool: :drool: :drool:
maybe they plan a few arena shows next year?

I should think the acoustics would be utterly horrendous

(have you ever been in one of those Butlins Skydomes)

Don't think the article points to particular show. BBC just quotes the big acts touring American Arenas at the moment who would be able to fill the dome.

No idea how they gonna work out the acoustics, though

The arena is going to be built in its entireity inside the dome and is apparently going to be the best indoor rock venue in europe. it is being built and run by the people responsible for the Staples Centre in L.A.

Back
Top Bottom