MERGED-->UK Tickets and Onsale Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
any place left in uk selling tickets??

@H were did u get your 3 GA tickets

if anyone has tickets for sale
for glasgow or manchester GA

email bbbruce5@excite.com

thanks BB Mac

Last edited:
Guys, i don't think it's as bad as all that.

Four years ago i couldn't get tix for Elevation in the UK but a couple of weeks after they went on sale, some more came up on ticketmaster and there was no problem. My guess is that the same will happen this time round. But even if i'm wrong, the guy at Ticketmaster said that U2 have provisionally booked extra nights which will go on sale later to meet the demand.

i got tickets the other day for Glasgow and also got some for Manchester today.

both standing tickets. over the moon about it.

if they try to stop you gettin more than 4 then theres always ways and means to get round it.

now just a case of sorting out between the mates and family who gets to go with me to which gigs. :)

osmanmaqsood said:
Hi Guys, I'm new here!!

Finally got tickets for london after 24 hours of trying!!

Has anybody's account been debited yet? I got a confirmation meail but no money has left my account yet!
:huh:

Paid by my flexible friend and it has now been debited - PHEW! Sweating a little less now...only a little mind you.

When do we recieved tickets (UK)

When are we likely to recieve our tickets? it says as late as 10days before the event.

Makes it difficult to trade if its that late on... any ideas?

depends which option you selected. I always go with "Ticketfast" so they are emailed immediately to me after the purchase. I have mine already for the two shows I'm going to, I printed them out and put them in my safe :wink:

did you select regular mail??

stevec said:

Paid by my flexible friend and it has now been debited - PHEW! Sweating a little less now...only a little mind you.

Don't want to make you sweat some more but debiting your account has no bearing on whether they will cancel in the future.

On Elevation I bought multiple orders from the Earls Court box offfice - using different credit cards. I got charged, money was taken, and then a few weeks later the tickets were cancelled out of the blue and the money refunded. You won't know whether you're safe until you have the tickets in your hand :(

According to the standard blurb on the email confirmation, the tickets are subject to credit card verification firstly, so I take being debited as a positive sign. Amazing coming from a born pesimist really!!

Apart from that, I only bought the max of 4 tix for Hampden, using the presale code only once. I haven't bought any more tix, for any gig at any venue, so there shouldn't be any reason for them to cancel on me.

Now ssshhhhhhh...stop scaring me will ya!!! LOL

According to Lastminute.com, the schedule for the Glasgow concert (and I assume all the UK concerts) is:

Doors open at 15.00
Support act on stage at 17.30
Main act on stage at 20.15 and ends at 22.45 approx.

It seems that you have no real idea of where the tickets are with Lastminute.com. Okay, you might know the bit of the stadium, but you have no sense of whether or not, say, the four tickets you're buying are together. At least, that's what their website seems to say in the faq section.

I have 2 top price reserved seats for Cardiff on 29th June to swap for GA tickets at Twickenham, I don't mind if you have either 18th June or 19th June, but I am willing to do a straight swap of £94 seats for £55 GA tickets, as I really wanted to get some standing tickets to a London show and can't make it to Cardiff.

If anyone can help, please let me know asap. If anyone has another two GA tickets for Twickenham to sell I'd be willing to buy them as well, as I know two people who really want to go.

god missed it arghhh on lastminute.com :sad:

if anyone has Glasgow GA ticket or tickets
for myself a mega fan and my pal

get in touch

bbbruce5@excite.com

ps: im not always online leave a email
if you see any places doing GA tickets
at the right price of course

thank you BB Mac

Last edited:
Yes it does. My penpal and I are waiting for the Copenhagen presale to start on the 1st February, hoping to get standing i.e.GA, tickets. Wish us luck coz it looks like we're gonna need it!:uhoh:

Lo-Fi said:

It's only a problem if you've used the same code to buy two seperate sets of tickets (which some people could do), I had two codes, so I bought two sets of tickets. My mate gave me the money to buy another membership as he hasn't seen them yet and was desperate to see 'em. So I wouldn't worry as long as two sets of codes have been used to get your tickets.

Unfortunately this was all true. You can't have two people in the same house buying thier 4 tickets. So if you share student accomodation with another u2.com member for example then you can't both buy tickets!

I had to change the booking and pay with a friends credit card else one of us would have lost our tickets.

The u2.com rule is 4 tickets per person/code whereas the TicketB*stard rule is 4 per billing address. I guess they forgot to work that out between themselves hey!

Anyone else in the same position call 0870 1535353 and hold the line for an operator. They will let you change one set of tickets into a different card/billing address.

Lo-Fi said:
What happend to the 4 tickets for one show for the tour rule? how many tickets did you guys get overall.

I'm nervous about losing tickets 'cause I got Manchester and Glasgow shows (4 off each) through the presales with 2 different codes, one code being my mates, but I used the same postal address and credit card.

LOFI YOU WILL LOSE ONE SET OF TICKETS I PROMISE YOU NEED TO CALL TICKETMASTER NOW. I'M NOT KIDDING YOU THIS HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY.

YOU CAN'T HAVE TWO SETS OF TICKETS REGISTERED IN THE SAME CREDIT CARD / BILLING ADDRESS. ONE SET WILL BE CANCELLED AUTOMATICALLY.

Ticketmaster will let you change one of the bookings in your household into a different name/ creditcard but it must be one with a billing address that is different to your other booking. The ticketmaster restriction willl only allow 4 tickets per billing address. U2.com did not make that clear.

So if you have more than 4 tickets billed to your address you need to call them.

Call 0870 1535353, hold the line for an operator and explain. They will let you change one of the bookings.

I had to do this yesterday. Yes I know it sucks!

I hope you get your tickets sorted x

Would anyone mind sending L0-Fi a PM to get this information to him/her? I can't send PM's as I am new here. I'd hate them to lose their tickets. Thanks x

Last edited:
I have a spare Standing Ticket for Twickenham on the 18th June that I would like to trade for a similar standing ticket on the 19th June at Twickenham. Anybody interested can email me at AdamJ02@aol.com

Adam Jessup

AbigailJ said:

Would anyone mind sending L0-Fi a PM to get this information to him/her? I can't send PM's as I am new here. I'd hate them to lose their tickets. Thanks x

I would have done but shes not a premium member. You have to sign up to receive and send PMs. Hope she reads it on here.

UK members - more than 4 tix billed to your address? READ NOW

YOU CAN'T HAVE MORE THAN 4 TICKETS REGISTERED IN THE SAME CREDIT CARD / BILLING ADDRESS. SOME OF YOUR TICKETS WILL BE CANCELLED AUTOMATICALLY.

THIS HAPPENED TO ME YESTERDAY. IT IS TRUE!

Do you live with another u2 fan? Even if you are both u2.com members with your own individual presale codes, if you have more than 4 tix between you, you will lose some of your tickets.

u2.com say that a member is entitled to buy 4 tix.
Ticketmaster say that there is a 4 ticket limit per billing address. Obviously U2.com and TM did not get together to discuss this!

Therefore if you have more than 4 tix billed to your address you need to contact TM and explain or else some of your tickets will be automatically cancelled.

Ticketmaster will let you change one of the bookings in your household into a different name/ creditcard but it must be one with a billing address that is different to your other booking. The ticketmaster restriction willl only allow 4 tickets per billing address. U2.com did not make that clear.

So if you have more than 4 tickets billed to your address you need to call them.

Call 0870 1535353, hold the line for an operator and explain. They will let you change one of the bookings into a different card/address. (ask a friend to help you out - that's what I did)

I had to do this yesterday. Yes I know it sucks! I live with another fan. We both had a presale code.

Good Luck x

I booked tickets for Glagow (1 GA) and Manchester (3 GA) with 2 different cards, registered at 2 different addresses and with 2 different agents (Ticketline and SEE) so I'm hoping I'm ok.

I bet they wouldn't have had this policy on the POP tour.

Boozyuzi said:
steve c, do you think there will be a 2nd Hampden show ?

As much as I'd like to think there would be, I very much doubt it now.

I think the big difference is that because it's a stadia tour, they won't necessarily feel the need to put on additional shows to accommodate fans like they would on an arena tour. London, with such a huge population centre, will probably be the exception to that rule with the additional Twickers date.

I actually posted earlier in the week about how I thought Manchester would get another date, but I was flat wrong about that.

Just shows you that history isn't always a good indicator, especially on this crazy Vertigo tour!

Back
Top Bottom