MERGED-->Toronto soundcheck today... + Finally Something From Pop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ruffian said:

me too! :crazy: today is just the day, for some reason...plus Vintage Punk just met Bono and there was hugging involved :cute:

ok... vintage punk!!!!!!!!!!

give US THE DETAILS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

or I am gonna just whither away and die without this vital info!!:sad:

U2Man said:

I've always felt when I saw it during PopMart that this was U2 trying to play their instruments alongside a massive computer generated thing.

It didn't sound overly programmed at all - in fact, it sounded pretty much straight ahead rock'n'roll... but again, I have no live version to compare it to :shrug:

Btw, the person who mentioned the "Mumma mumma mumma"... that's the sort of slot machine thing with that baby's face, right? We got that before Zoo Station - is that the way it was going in previous shows?

maybe we should try to set up a source for the setlist party tonight so we dont get stuck without one

^I could imagine it being a full on rocked out version of Mofo with minimal backing track:drool:

Last edited:
<<soundchecked in 2005, but yet to be played live>>

Mofo
Discoteque
Crumbs
Electrical Storm
Spanish Eyes
Walk On(Vanc)
Desire(Vanc)
11 o'clock(??-Vancouver?)
Stuck(Vanc + LA rehearsals)
Even better(?????)
-full SGT. Pepper(?)
-Yahweh with missing verse(?)

There's also a couple songs that vastly underplayed like UTEOTW, OOC, Gloria, BAD etc.

u2fp

Last edited:
Drea said:

I couldn't believe it either *G* I mean, I was hyper enough hearing them work on Discotheque... to hear Mofo a short time later as well... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: Having not heard any live versions (other than from the TO U2 tribute bands), I can't really tell you how it compares, but it sounded pretty damn cool! :drool: :hyper: :hyper:
drea! :hug: thanks for the news and glad you all found internet. have fun at the show tonight!

This is honestly crazy.
WHY WHY WHY NOT EUROPE :sad: :sad:
I seriously have to lend huge amounts of money and go to New York to see show #3-5. That's the autumn holidays for me.

With all the talk/rumors about reworking Pop, I wonder if we'll get live versions with a shiny new coat...?

I just read the news about Discotheque and Mofo. I just nearly cried seeing these 2 songs were rehearsed. Especially Mofo. That song is a monster and would destroy arenas if played live again. A Pop set would be :drool: x million.

Last edited:
Sorry Chizip, this thread is now the better one.

I just heard Mofo on the radio yesterday and thought, "gee, it would be great to see this live again." :happy:

U2dork said:
Sorry Chizip, this thread is now the better one.

I just heard Mofo on the radio yesterday and thought, "gee, it would be great to see this live again." :happy:

well it looks like you may get to see it live... ! UNBELIEVEABLE!

I sure hope they play these songs at the shows I am going to this fall!:drool: :wink:

Atlanta 1 will be my first show of this tour. It still seems so far away :sad:. Other than the Atlanta shows, I'll be heading to Charlotte in December. Darn them for not playing very many shows in the southeast! *shakes fist*

Back
Top Bottom