MERGED --> Old Propaganda Members are First in Line!!!+Presale This Tuesday/ Presale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Letting people buy tickets on presale for multiple shows would only allow for people to buy for shows they weren't planning to attend so that friends without a memebrship could essentailly use the code. Makes sense from their perspective.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
there is no difference between prop members and u2.com subscribers for the presale. Everyone will get the same opportunity to buy at the same time. No one is ahead of the other unless you are not a subscribed member then you obviously have to wait for the general sale.

Actually, this is not true.

I have two emails from U2.com. One addressing me as a "former Propaganda member" and another as a "U2.com subscriber." They are both worded differently. The Prop one makes it quite CLEAR that I am in the front of the line.

thats not what fanfire told me today.

there is no difference between the prop members and the u2.com subscribers. Everyone gets the same opportunity at the same time for the presale.

How is it that you are in front of the line when tix go on sale for everyone at 10am?

Knuckle said:

Thank you, thank you so much for this little tip. I did receive my e-mail, and it was in my Junk e-mail box. Without your hint, I am certain that I never would have thought to check in there. You saved me three days of panic. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, mine had gone straight into my junk mail too :mad: even though the adress is in my contact list.

U2Fanatic4ever said:
thats not what fanfire told me today.

there is no difference between the prop members and the u2.com subscribers. Everyone gets the same opportunity at the same time for the presale.

How is it that you are in front of the line when tix go on sale for everyone at 10am?

As much as I would like to think that Prop members would have gotten priority I don't see any way for that to happen.

And I wouldn't actually take anything fanfire says as a reason to believe something. They're the ones that told me more than once that you could get two tickets for more than one show.:|

U2Fanatic4ever said:

Well, I can't say that I know 100% absolutely. However, judging by the characteristics that make up the codes, the "former propaganda member" code is set up differently than the "u2.com subscriber" code.

Does anyone else in this position notice this?

Roland of Gilead said:

Well, I can't say that I know 100% absolutely. However, judging by the characteristics that make up the codes, the "former propaganda member" code is set up differently than the "u2.com subscriber" code.

Does anyone else in this position notice this?

Yeah, I noticed, but I still don't think it will mean anything.

Roland of Gilead said:

Actually, this is not true.

I have two emails from U2.com. One addressing me as a "former Propaganda member" and another as a "U2.com subscriber." They are both worded differently. The Prop one makes it quite CLEAR that I am in the front of the line.

What wording exactly is different?

Honestly, I will be pissed beyond belief if this is true. I was one of the lucky Prop subscribers who never got a code, so I had to pay the full $40 for my subscription. It will just add insult to injury if I end up getting second-class status in addition to getting charged more.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

What wording exactly is different?

Honestly, I will be pissed beyond belief if this is true. I was one of the lucky Prop subscribers who never got a code, so I had to pay the full $40 for my subscription. It will just add insult to injury if I end up getting second-class status in addition to getting charged more.

And I'll be pissed because I never had the chance to subscribe to Propaganda. I would've if I could've. I don't see why someone should have priority just because they've been a fan longer.

Two different letters were sent. One to "former Propaganda members," addressing their position in the ever expanding membership of u2.com and giving a code and what to do with it. The other letter to "u2.com subscribers," explaining the code and what to do with it. Nothing more.

I was one of the lucky Prop subscribers who never got a code, so I had to pay the full $40 for my subscription.

Did you pursue the issue. You would have eventually gotten the code via email. Believe me, many of us were in your boat.

ramblin rose said:

Did you pursue the issue. You would have eventually gotten the code via email. Believe me, many of us were in your boat.

Yes, I did pursue the issue. And not everybody who pursued the issue eventually got their code. I called fanfire several times, emailed Principle several times, and emailed fanfire a ridiculous number of times. I also emailed several of the people suggested in the thread about this in EYKIW. All of this took place from the time the codes started to be given out up until the past week. Nothing worked. Once the tour announcement became imminent, I made the call to pay the full price because I knew there would be a deadline for signing up to get access to the presale and I didn't know if they would give advanced warning of what it was.

Yes, I did pursue the issue. And not everybody who pursued the issue eventually got their code. I called fanfire several times, emailed Principle several times, and emailed fanfire a ridiculous number of times. I also emailed several of the people suggested in the thread about this in EYKIW. All of this took place from the time the codes started to be given out up until the past week. Nothing worked. Once the tour announcement became imminent, I made the call to pay the full price because I knew there would be a deadline for signing up to get access to the presale and I didn't know if they would give advanced warning of what it was.

Wow, that really sucks. I'm sorry about that. I don't think its going to make any difference with the tickets though, just the $20 discount and the principle of not getting what you were due.

the only loss for you would of been the difference in the price of the membership. $40 versus $20 dollars. That was the only advantage that prop members got regarding membership.

Everyone (being prop members and u2.com subscribers) will get the same access to the presale at the same time..

Looks like they are distinguishing between people that signed up as prop members and ones that didn't only in the sense of how the email was worded and the codes being different. There is no way that they are going to put people in the front of the line per se.

Where is the technology to differentiate between the two ? How could they do this? As far as access to certain types of tix first before others. There isn't.

Last edited:
U2Fanatic4ever said:

the only loss for you would of been the difference in the price of the membership. $40 versus $20 dollars. That was the only advantage that prop members got regarding membership.

Everyone (being prop members and u2.com subscribers) will get the same access to the presale at the same time..

Looks like they are distinguishing between people that signed up as prop members and ones that didn't only in the sense of how the email was worded and the codes being different. There is no way that they are going to put people in the front of the line per se.

Where is the technology to differentiate between the two ? How could they do this? As far as access to certain types of tix first before others. There isn't.

I'm sure you're right. I just panicked, and all the rage I felt from the fiasco with my prop code came rushing back. With any luck, I'll be able to recreate that experience again with the presale on Tuesday. ;)

If we were all in the same boat, former prop members and u2.com subscribers, then we should of all received the same letter with the same wording. Time is money. Simple as that. Having two different letters means that you are addressing two different types of people. Addressing both types of members in the heading and then giving EVERYONE the same information inside the letter would quite clearly explain that EVERYONE is the same.

I'm curious how many GA tickets per show will be made available to U2.com members during the presale? I imagine Ticketmaster will be holding back a good number of the GA's for the regular public ticket sale next weekend. And from reading the interview with Paul McGuinness on Billboard.com, he stated some of the GA's would be held back for radio contest winners. Whatever GA's are available for each show will no doubt sell out quick when the presale begins next Tuesday.

So, there was no explicit language that said that Prop subscribers would be at the front of the line?
This is what the email to former Prop subscribers says:

Former 'Propaganda' Subscriber

It's the news we've all been waiting for!

On Monday U2 are set to announce details of their 2005 Tour - and as a former Propaganda subscriber you are the very first of the growing community of U2.Com Subscribers to receive the all-important ticket code information you need to take part in the presale.

It doesn't say anything about Prop subscribers getting first dibs for tickets so relax everybody. As a former Prop subscriber I never expected to get priority over other U2.com members. When they used to do the presale directly through Propaganda they didn't give longer subscribers priority (as far as I know) so there's no reason for them to do that now.

Roland of Gilead said:
If we were all in the same boat, former prop members and u2.com subscribers, then we should of all received the same letter with the same wording. Time is money. Simple as that. Having two different letters means that you are addressing two different types of people. Addressing both types of members in the heading and then giving EVERYONE the same information inside the letter would quite clearly explain that EVERYONE is the same.

First, not all former prop members (and I'm talking people who actually did get the code) got an email addressing them as such. Also, I know people who got two emails with the same code, and slightly different subject lines. So perhaps this is just yet another indication of their complete lack of organization. And if former prop members really did get priority, wouldn't some indication of that that be IN the different email that they received?

Second, how on Earth would former prop members get priority in this situation? Clearly, the system is first come, first served. I don't understand how anyone could have priority over anyone else in that situation, unless, obviously, they got there first.

edit: Zootomic's post seems to clear this up, but yeah. There's my post, anyway.

Last edited:
Look, we all have our code(s) and we are well on way to getting some GREAT tickets. It would appear that I am strirring something that I have no absolute knowledge of. That isn't fair of me to do. They are just thoughts I know, but still people are already on the edge of sanity with everything unfolding so far.

I apologise if I am looking like a pain in the arse to you and your sanity. My intentions are to be a positive member of this community. Forgive me.

U2ITNOL said:
I'm curious how many GA tickets per show will be made available to U2.com members during the presale? I imagine Ticketmaster will be holding back a good number of the GA's for the regular public ticket sale next weekend. And from reading the interview with Paul McGuinness on Billboard.com, he stated some of the GA's would be held back for radio contest winners. Whatever GA's are available for each show will no doubt sell out quick when the presale begins next Tuesday.

I dont know about GA tickets, but i remeber reading or hearing that they will hold up to 10% of the tix to a given venue.

Roland of Gilead said:

I am not saying we are in the same boat as far as who is a prop member and u2.com subscribers. When it comes to the presale there will be no difference between the two. Everyone will get access to the same presale shows at the same time (10am local time).

Because when you signed up as a prop member that's how they have you in the database (they have a different database for prop members than other u2.com subscribers- several different databases I am sure) so yeah the wording is different from others. As I said they have the technology to distinguish between the two as far as the code and email wording but that's as far as it goes. There is no technology that is going to put you "in the front of the line".

Roland of Gilead said:
Look, we all have our code(s) and we are well on way to getting some GREAT tickets. It would appear that I am strirring something that I have no absolute knowledge of. That isn't fair of me to do. They are just thoughts I know, but still people are already on the edge of sanity with everything unfolding so far.

I apologise if I am looking like a pain in the arse to you and your sanity. My intentions are to be a positive member of this community. Forgive me.

No i agree, i think as long as were there for tix on time we will get them and be happy:up:

Roland of Gilead said:

no appologies needed as you said we all on edge here with anxiety, excitement etc... (myself included)

It is going to be a tortuously long weekend!:huh:

Roland of Gilead said:

Don't worry about it. I just didn't want there to be confusion as to what was actually happening. Sorry if I came on too strong.

$40 is a lot for only 2 tickets...BUT I feel this is the only way to get general admission tickets to the NYC shows at the Garden......i will be very dissapointed if I dont get that them!

Zootomic said:

Okay. I didn't remember that part. I can see how that would lead people to think Prop members got first choice. I was a longtime Prop subscriber and I would love to get priority but I think it would be unfair to the other U2.com members. I was happy just getting a membership discount.

Don't you think that 20 years of loyalty should get you a little more than 1 or 2 months of loyalty????????????????
don't get me wrong...I'm happy for what I got but......

hold on a sec...I didnt reveive an email, yet when I log in the code is in the red section...checked my junk mail and nothing there...should I be needing this email or is the code good enough???

Back
Top Bottom