MERGED-->LOWER THE TICKET PRICES! + How does U2 justify these ticket prices?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono has already establish the GA Line collection plate to support the random GA scan in order to pay for his sunglasses everynight.

Thing is, the market is willing to pay more than U2 are charging. The ticket prices are not as expensive as U2 could easily charge. They may not be cheap, but U2 still are setting prices lower than what the market is prepared to pay and for that I commend them.

In all seriousness, would anyone be willing to ask him why prices are so high if they met him?

I doubt it, since I know if I met him I'd be too busy gushing and telling him how important his music is to me, blahblahblah. But I'd just like to hear the reasoning behind these prices.

Axver, yeah they could charge more. But they could also charge *a lot* less. Taxes are due Friday, and my dad's telling me he needs the money from my $162 single I bought out of desperation which I can't seem to sell (11/19 Atlanta btw if anyones interested:wink: ) and I'm wondering why they possibly need so much money. They could donate a percentage at least.:|

okay sorry to spoil the sarcastic mood of the thread:wink:

Axver said:
Thing is, the market is willing to pay more than U2 are charging. The ticket prices are not as expensive as U2 could easily charge. They may not be cheap, but U2 still are setting prices lower than what the market is prepared to pay and for that I commend them.

Wow, this has to be a joke. I'm sure we'd all be willing to pay a lot more for water, but you don't see water prices skyrocketing out of control.

What's your deal?

Yeah, I called Bono, but we got around to talking about other things. I completely forgot to mention it to him that you'd like the ticket prices lowered. Sorry mate, I tried. :shrug:

:|

VertigoGal said:
Axver, yeah they could charge more. But they could also charge *a lot* less. Taxes are due Friday, and my dad's telling me he needs the money from my $162 single I bought out of desperation which I can't seem to sell (11/19 Atlanta btw if anyones interested:wink: ) and I'm wondering why they possibly need so much money. They could donate a percentage at least.:|

The production of a tour like Vertigo comes at a HUGE cost. I'm sure they donate a percentage. They certainly don't live the expensive lifestyles like most celebs. At least your dad bought your ticket :huh:

Can you believe how many blue M&Ms are in my packet??? Bastards!!!!

blueones.jpg

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

The production of a tour like Vertigo comes at a HUGE cost. I'm sure they donate a percentage. They certainly don't live the expensive lifestyles like most celebs. At least your dad bought your ticket :huh:

lol, yeah, now I just have to pay him back, and he's at my throat!:wink:

They do have homes in the south of france and everything. I don't see anything wrong with them living the celeb lifestyle, I would too if I were that rich (to some extent...not the million dollar earrings and OD-ing at 27 part). But they don't have to charge their fans so much, they've got plenty of cash as it is.

edit: btw, sorry for all the complaining about paying my dad back. we're not so poor we're going hungry for U2 tix, altho I probably would:ohmy: , sorry for being melodramatic.:huh:

Last edited:
VertigoGal said:

But they don't have to charge their fans so much, they've got plenty of cash as it is.

So you'd like them go on tour and pay for the entire production out of their own pockets?

beli said:
Can you believe how many blue M&Ms are in my packet??? Bastards!!!!

When I'm done talking to Bono on the BatPhone and we solve Africa's problems and the price of the tickets, and after we have a macro economic discussion of ticket pricing versus market value as defined by eBay and members of the National Ticket Broker's Association he and I will be all over this blue M & M issue.

Those bey- otches running Mars Candy better look out after we marshall all the resources at our disposal.

Look for a "Too Many Blue in a Box" petition thread real soon.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

So you'd like them go on tour and pay for the entire production out of their own pockets?

im sure zootv's production cost a lot more than the current one, and those tickets were 25 bucks

i know i know, there has been inflation over the past 10 years, but not enough to raise ticket prices from 25 to 175

hell even 25 to 50 bucks is 100% inflation, and there shouldnt even be that much in 10 years

but the rise in concert tickets has been a universal thing throughout the music industry, so we cant put all the blame on u2

and for the people trying to derail this thread, i dont unserstand why we cant talk reasonably about ticket prices :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom