MERGED --> Did anybody else get an email from total tickets to buy tickets now? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-24-2005, 06:40 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 12:41 AM
I really, really hope I don't have to resort to spending that kind of money. I actually signed up with totaltickets, but I didn't realize they were going to charge that much.

Old 01-24-2005, 06:54 AM   #32
Creator of the Blue Crack

Local Time: 04:41 PM
Total Tickets is an alternative source of tickets. U2.com membership does not mean YOU WILL get tickets... it only entitles you to the opportunity to buy tickets. We are promoting Total Tickets because we have a sponsorship deal with them. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to buy from or use Total Tickets.. however, if someone finds themselves without tickets for a show they want... they are open to use Total Tickets, or any other source, as an option. Atleast with Total Tickets you'll have your tickets prior to the show... with ETS you have to wait till you get to the show in a bus they provide (and pay about the same as Total).... and with the last tour, will most likely be late to the shows.. with no chance of getting in the 'heart'.

We have been promoting the fact that U2.com memberships entitle you to buy tickets all along, its not like we're strutting Total Tickets as the official source.

People will bitch about u2.com tickets, about not getting them, about ticketmaster fees, and about broker fees. Everyone is not always going to be happy.

Most of the fan sites have partnered with brokers or ETS (basically an official broker)... including U2station.com, atu2.com, U2log.com, and others.

FB me. IG me. Tweet me.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:47 AM   #33
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 08:41 PM
u2log, atu2 and u2mart are all offering links to ETS... yes, true... but there is a big difference between ETS, which offers "official" travel packages for u2 events, sanctioned by the bands, and a ticket broker who's offering ticket for 5 times their worth BEFORE THE TICKETS ARE EVEN FOR SALE. that's not right, but not unexpected... afterall the TotalTickets.com banner has been on this site for a while now...
Old 01-24-2005, 08:00 AM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

I was very very disheartened to find out that interference is allowing these people from totaltickets.com to charge an obscene price for U2 tickets. Scalpers and the link. My GOD!
Old 01-24-2005, 08:47 AM   #35
Fan & Taper

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Wow, all the anger. If you don't want to pay scalper prices, don't. Many folks on here have paid more than face value for tickets, and I'm sure more will this tour. eBay, ETS, Totaltickets, private parties, they all charge more than face value. Heck, if I end up with 2 GA's using my U2.com membership, that will probably end up being close to $160-$180 for the 2 Tix, including the $40 to u2.com and ticketbastard fees. (almost twice "face value")
Old 01-24-2005, 08:54 AM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:41 PM
I'm with Interference on this one.......TotalTickets is another way to get tickets, and $200 for GA tickets (that might even sellout from U2.com preorders alone.....strike that WILL sell out) isn't too bad of a deal considering what a lot of acts charge right off the bat. I think the only nitpick I have is that the e-mail was sent out before the tickets even go on sale on U2.com.....had the e-mail been sent out after this weekend's sales, I think most people would be fine with it, as it would be one of the few sources left for tickets.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:10 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie

An email solicitation makes the arrangement btwn TT and Interference different from other U2 sites, where ETS or whomever simply advertises. They might exist, but I'm not getting solicited by them. I did get solicited by TT via Interference, and didn't appreciate it.

It was problematic for this email to go out the day before we go for the pre-show, preying on the nerves of anxious U2 fans. The way the email was worded, it sounded as though tickets are already available, which makes those of us hoping to benefit from the pre-sale even more nervous about availability.

If an email *had* to go out, it should have been Wednesday, after people had gotten/not gotten tickets.
Old 01-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #38
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. BAW
Is the Edge behind it???
ROFLMAO!!!!
Old 01-24-2005, 02:14 PM   #39
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1

I got an email too. And I agree with you.
Well. *sulk* I didn't get one of these e-mails. I am obviously unloved in this forum!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:49 PM   #40
The Fly

$200 GA's for what show??

What show does Total tickets have GA's for?
Old 01-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #41
Refugee

If you don't want to recieve any more e-mails, you should be able to disable them by clicking here and then checking "No" next to "Allow Bulletin Board Administrators and Moderators To Send You Email Notices?"
Old 01-26-2005, 11:58 AM   #42
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis
Total Tickets is an alternative source of tickets. U2.com membership does not mean YOU WILL get tickets... it only entitles you to the opportunity to buy tickets. We are promoting Total Tickets because we have a sponsorship deal with them. No one is holding a gun to anyone's head to buy from or use Total Tickets.. however, if someone finds themselves without tickets for a show they want... they are open to use Total Tickets, or any other source, as an option. Atleast with Total Tickets you'll have your tickets prior to the show... with ETS you have to wait till you get to the show in a bus they provide (and pay about the same as Total).... and with the last tour, will most likely be late to the shows.. with no chance of getting in the 'heart'.

We have been promoting the fact that U2.com memberships entitle you to buy tickets all along, its not like we're strutting Total Tickets as the official source.

People will bitch about u2.com tickets, about not getting them, about ticketmaster fees, and about broker fees. Everyone is not always going to be happy.

Most of the fan sites have partnered with brokers or ETS (basically an official broker)... including U2station.com, atu2.com, U2log.com, and others.
My god -- don't you guys (Interference and the other sites) all realize that you are in bed with the companies mainly responsible for grabbing tickets away from real fans???? All for a buck. So incredibly disappointing.
"My feeling is that it is cool for people to share our music -- as long as no one is making money from the process. We tell people who come to our concerts that they can tape the shows if they want. I think it is cool that people are so passionate about our music" -- Bono
The continuous search for purpose...
Old 01-26-2005, 12:43 PM   #43
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder how many tickets Total Tickets got in the presale
Old 01-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #44
Blue Crack Addict

does total tickets have any 80% off sales coming up soon?
Old 01-26-2005, 12:54 PM   #45
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Chizip

eh I just think getting an e-mail from interference.com saying tickets are on sale now, and giving a link to buy overly inflated tickets before tickets have even gone on presale is kind of shady

people who are new with the whole ticket buying process and trust interference could make the mistake of buying there before trying to get them straight up

I agree with this 100% I don't mind an email for/from Interference, but I do not have any agreement with any 3rd party "sponsors" that Interference uses, so they have all the liberty in the world to sell my email address and that just pisses me off. Shame on Interference for giving our email to 3rd parties.