MERGED--> chigago DVD details.... + DVD Cover + Frickin' Wicked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KUEFC09U2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
chigago DVD details....

from u2tours.com

Chicago DVD Details

September 26, 2005

Source: U2Slovenija and U2tour.de

An early track list for U2's upcoming "Live from Chicago" DVD shows 23 songs and a film date of May 10th, but closer inspection reveals that the DVD will be made up of performances from more than that one show. The DVD track list matches the May 10th set list song-for-song from the start of the show through "Mysterious Ways." The next song at the concert, "Party Girl" -- which was performed with a fan brought on stage -- is not on the DVD track list. And though the May 10th show ended with "Vertigo", the DVD track list instead ends with "Yahweh" and "40," which will obviously be taken from a different night. Additional label information includes "courtesy" notices for Arcade Fire's "Wake Up", as well as "Bullet with Butterfly Wings", "No Regrets", "When Johnny Comes Marching Home", and "I Can See for Miles" -- so it appears all of those song snippets will be included on the DVD. Audiophiles may want to know that sound is listed as "PCM Stereo, DTS, Dolby 5:1 Surround."

Bonus features? Of course!

1. "Beyond the Tour" documentary
2. "Surveillance edits" from "Love and Peace or Else", "An Cat Dubh," "Electric Co.", and "Running to Stand Still" -- these are the cameras set up and used by Willie Williams.
3. Live performances of "All Because of You" and "Miracle Drug" from November 16, 2004, when U2 performed in Dublin for BBC Radio.

hmm, im glad its from the 10th, but they should have left party girl in it

it doesn't surprise me...Laura's height intimidated the B-man :wink:

it should at least be a bonus song, maybe it will be a part of the "beyond the tour" documentary. with technology these days they could edit it so Laura looks shorter...

KUEFC09U2 said:
ah no party girl but also no vertigo 2 :p

Haha, yes, but putting this lunacy on the DVD would be even worse than playing it live twice, since we could just press "repeat" instead :sexywink:

U2Man said:

Haha, yes, but putting this lunacy on the DVD would be even worse than playing it live twice, since we could just press "repeat" instead :sexywink:
lol true

i for one look forward to this DVD :), and then hopefully the milan dvd to follow :drool:

i still think they are fools for not waiting to shoot the DVD. the 9/20 chicago show was muuuuuch better than the may shows.

Chizip said:
i still think they are fools for not waiting to shoot the DVD. the 9/20 chicago show was muuuuuch better than the may shows.
i am still looking forward to it, from the clips i seen it looked pretty good to me :)

U2Man said:

I'm pretty sure they won't cut it out from the Milan DVD. But the Chicago DVD should contain it too.
who knows :), would be a pretty weak version compared to the milan version

For Party Girl, perhaps there wasn't enough space on the DVD? I think they cut out "One" out of the Elevation Boston DVD because of that?

i'm still skeptical. a contact of my friend's who works for ets saw the dvd in whatever form it's in now...and he said i was in it.

just curious, do we know u2tours' source?

bcrt2000 said:
For Party Girl, perhaps there wasn't enough space on the DVD? I think they cut out "One" out of the Elevation Boston DVD because of that?
and also with mysterious ways from slane

Stories for Boys said:
i'm still skeptical. a contact of my friend's who works for ets saw the dvd in whatever form it's in now...and he said i was in it.

:hmm:

KUEFC09U2 said:
and also with mysterious ways from slane

that couldnt have been a space issue because the song was still on the DVD, just as a bonus feature instead...

Chizip said:

that couldnt have been a space issue because the song was still on the DVD, just as a bonus feature instead...
but in a different sound format, different sound format=less space

I'm happy they put WHOLE 23 songs. It's a lot compared to elevation dvds (only 19 songs, it's really not enough). I was afraid that Hamish would cut some songs like an cat dubh/into the heart or mysterious ways (seems he hates this one). Or mayby he would cut some other stuff to do more variety between Chicago and Milan dvds. This man is unpredictable.

Sounds ok to me. I'd prefer to have different live versions of Original of the Species instead of two Yahwehs basially sounding alike. I'm also glad that it features that many songs. In comparison to Elevation, this is neat. "40" is pretty neat to have on it as well.

I hope the Milan DVD won't be a mix between the first and second night though. Second night only for me!

No Party Girl: Shame, but it doesn't fit in the set. In terms of people watching this without having seen any show from the tour, they'd be better off without it. (But why not put it as an extra? :hmm: )

According to the U2tours.com setlists from the 2 recorded Chicago shows, Bullet with Butterfly Wings was a snippet only on May 9. Anyone who was at May 10 or have the recording, was it also a snippet that night ?

^^

:ohmy:

I need that snippet. He didn't sing it in Milan you know!

*Edit*

Thank goodness.

Last edited:
Stories for Boys said:

Hi Laura! :wave: We know each other from Chicago but I don't think you know my screen name.

i'm on the left :wink:

DSC00583.jpg

Back
Top Bottom