MERGED-->Boston 3 Setlist Party Continues!+Boston 3 setlist party thread Pt II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No spoken words said:
Wow, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses....cannot claim it's one of my favorites, but, still, that would have made me smile, to hear that in concert. Good for Axver, he got a real nice mix.

it's so funny that every time we get a surprise we (or at least I) think yay Axver is there! lol

This is unbelieveable!

Doesn't U2 know that they're not supposed to play anything surprising when kellyahern is around? :wink:

CTU2fan said:

It won't? What did I send you, Anaheim '01 right? Hmm...I'll try another copy, that's weird. Email me...have you still got my email addy? Also, if you went to all the SoCal shows I have LA from the 3rd leg, will send that too, at least one of them will work.

4/24/01 ANaheim, yes. I had 3 DVDs that wouldn't play in my old player last night. Today, 2 of the 3 play in the new player. So don't know what might have happened. I have more discs I can send you, and I still have the envelope next to my desk. I'd love any SoCal Elevation shows (don't have any yet).

:hyper:

wish I had ruffian's ability to travel around the globe for U2!!! :madspit: :wink: :hug:

Setlist:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Electric Co. // Bullet w/ Butterfly Wings // I can see for Miles
An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart -- boy and girl on stage
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day/ Here Comes the Sun snippet
Miracle Drug
Sometimes
New Years Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday / Abraham
Bullet the Blue Sky / Johnny / Hand that Built America
Running to Stand Still
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
~Encore 1~
The Fly
Until The End Of The World (no bull fight)
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
All Because of You

Wild Horses is not my fav song either...but hell, Bono looked hot in the video...and I would love to hear it live anyway

I like WGRYWH very much but is not one of my favorite songs. However, as a Pleban I have a Pavlovian response to the video. :drool: :drool:

No spoken words said:

Yes, you, Ruff, Diane, etc, are all older than me...but that does not make me any younger!

:)

But, it's old timers like Ruffian and I spanning the states, and even the globe in her case....to go see their favorite band as many times as possible. That's the act of a person with the vigor of youth, birth certificate be damned!!!

*stands up and applauds* :applaud:

Just because I am chronologically an old fogey does not mean I have to ACT like one! And Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry are my guides to becoming older and still being young enough in spirit to rock and roll!!!!

UKTan said:
Wild Horses is not my fav song either...but hell, Bono looked hot in the video...and I would love to hear it live anyway

I think I like the song because of that video

no seriously I must of played that song a 1000 times I love it so much

Diane L said:

Just because I am chronologically an old fogey does not mean I have to ACT like one! And Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry are my guides to becoming older and still being young enough in spirit to rock and roll!!!!
well-said! plus, i have to admit I was a real idiot in my 20's!

U2inBigD said:
OK, who can tell us when was the last time they played a full Wild Horses?

Axver prob could, but if u try asking him now, I think he'll be pissed off with u lol

sami0201 said:

it's so funny that every time we get a surprise we (or at least I) think yay Axver is there! lol

I think of Axver because his love of the band is so very strong....and I of course have that in common with him, so I can relate. I love passion in people, in general, but when it is something I have empathy for, well, that strikes a chord with me. So, I'd have loved to see these Boston shows.....gotten these set lists...but I saw enough, and loved every show I saw, and if I cannot hear UTEOTW or Out of Control, I'm really glad Axver, and other interferencers, did.

Diane L said:

AMEN sistah!

U2dork said:

We still have a boat load of kudzu and if you look really hard you can find the shacks. You'll all be sad to know that the B-52's love shack just recently burnt down.:sad:

oh no!:( :( :(

I met > Kate & their maanger at Irving Plaza [u2 debuted in NYC & did their Elivation Live debut/radio concert there It's one of several places I saw B 52's in the early?80's], and they knew my friend through another of his friends. But we were no longer freinds. It was still kinda cool to know that.

I tend to have a Pavlovian response to U2 in general. The friend I brought to Philly last weekend knows me as mild-mannered, as most people do. She couldn't wait to get back and tell everyone that she saw me singing at the top of my lungs, screaming, and jumping up and down.

Of course, I'm denying all of it :wink:

No spoken words said:

I think of Axver because his love of the band is so very strong....and I of course have that in common with him, so I can relate. I love passion in people, in general, but when it is something I have empathy for, well, that strikes a chord with me. So, I'd have loved to see these Boston shows.....gotten these set lists...but I saw enough, and loved every show I saw, and if I cannot hear UTEOTW or Out of Control, I'm really glad Axver, and other interferencers, did.

:yes: :hug:

1964 - what a great year.... Beatles.... And old enough to get into U2 at the right time. PRICELESS

Age - it's just a number!!!

:dancing: with ruffian, NSW, Diane (who else?)

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I tend to have a Pavlovian response to U2 in general. The friend I brought to Philly last weekend knows me as mild-mannered, as most people do. She couldn't wait to get back and tell everyone that she saw me singing at the top of my lungs, screaming, and jumping up and down.

Of course, I'm denying all of it :wink:
[/QUOTE

Did i read somewhere else on the forum that u got into the ellipse at Philly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom