MERGED --> ALL VERTIGO Stage Discussion HERE - U2.com etc..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ultrraviolette said:
What section is this under on U2.com?

ITs not up yet, looks like the webmaster was testing it and then took it down quickly. There are pics coming in from Vertiblog.com though obvious cell phone shots.

starsgoblue said:
Bonosleftone...perhaps you didn't see all there was to see

Jeez louise, fine wait to see it for yourselves then. Standing on the floor for an entire show really gives you a good idea of what the stage looks like though, wouldnt ya think?

True they could change things, but the stage isnt some super robotic fantastic aberration. Its Elevation with new lighting and oval rather than heart.

bonosleftone said:

Jeez louise, fine wait to see it for yourselves then. Standing on the floor for an entire show really gives you a good idea of what the stage looks like though, wouldnt ya think?

True they could change things, but the stage isnt some super robotic fantastic aberration. Its Elevation with new lighting and oval rather than heart.

Boo frickin Hoo

The video screens hanging above the stage have me worried about my seats. I have balcony behind the stage on the corner and it looks like the screens may block the view of the stage.

bonosleftone said:

I was there on Saturday night lmao. I think my opinion has a bit of weight to it. Its not remarkably changed from Elevation at all. I was hoping for something very different but its very minor changes if any at all.

oh, lol!

well, uh......keep in mind......uh.....that......uh........Elevation 2 rules!!!111:wink:

Why change something that was awesome last time around...

98% of shows have the same stage: rectangle at one end of the arena.

The options for having a stage that is logistically possible, easy to light up, where everyone in the arena will able to see well, where the band can be comfortable and see each other well while playing, and where close access to the audience is maximize, are very limited.

Most of the visuals of the show come from the lights and any video device or led screens they might have. The stage itself is not such a big deal.

I loved the Elevation set-up, and I have no problem with them re-using a winning concept.

this OVAL seems to be much lower than the elevation heart, much closer to the fans, and the same goes for the actual stage ... at least it seems this way from the vertiblog pics

If you have people sitting behind the stage, then the options of design are very limited. The Unforgettable Fire tour and Joshua Tree tour had very similar stages, plain with clean views, just different lighting. Just like Elevation and Bomb have. The only way to radically change the stage is to have no rear-view seats.

bostonfly said:
The video screens hanging above the stage have me worried about my seats. I have balcony behind the stage on the corner and it looks like the screens may block the view of the stage.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. It may be different for your arena/stadium. Plus these pictures aren't too clear, so don't panic! :hyper:

are we going to see a broadway performance or are we going to see a BAND PLAY MUSIC? can someone tell me cause i really cant remember

Charlilaur86 said:

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. It may be different for your arena/stadium. Plus these pictures aren't too clear, so don't panic! :hyper:

Ain't no reason to panic over anything. First off I've said it here that I love being around the back corner of the stage, behind the stage. Second being in the fifth row of the 200 level in Philly, back corner on Edge's side, I'm surprised at how much better my view seems to have gotten judging by these pictures. Being where we are, I'm ecstatic!

oceane said:
Are you the one taking the pictures u2wedge? If yes THANK YOU!

yes. vertiblog is my website and i have a friend inside sending me these pics from the venue.

also have some preshow music listed on the blog now.

and p.s. you're the first person to say 'thanks'. so you're welcome!

Last edited:
I'm really pumped about these pictures. I think those who have above-ground seating are in for an optical treat. I'm not sure how the production will look for those of us with GA tix. Nonetheless, I'm very excited about this. I think we are going to have some very happy fans bombard this forum late tonight/early tomorrow.

starsgoblue said:

Standing on the floor for a rehearsal. :shrug:

Cut the 'tude a smidge would ya.

No attitude is cool! Beeotch :wink:

It was a dress rehearsal, where the band come out and basically put on the same show they're going to be putting on for months. A dress rehearsal is hardly the same as a plain ole rehearsal.

I highly doubt the stage would be remarkably different from Sat night when Sat was the night to test shit for glitches etc.

There is no room for major changes. Its Elevation with new lighting and an oval catwalk.

Im not dismaying that stage design, it worked great on Elevation but going in there I was expecting something totally different from Elevation not totally similar.

u2wedge said:

yes. vertiblog is my website and i have a friend inside sending me these pics from the venue.

also have some preshow music listed on the blog now.

and p.s. you're the first person to say 'thanks'. so you're welcome!

we appreciate your effort :)

i thought maybe "the captain" was some cybernetic robot who was posting the pics :)

bcrt2000 said:

we appreciate your effort :)

i thought maybe "the captain" was some cybernetic robot who was posting the pics :)

Turn it up Captain! -- it's just a reference to the opening of Veritgo. A blogname, if youwill... :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom