MERGED --> ALL VERTIGO Stage Discussion HERE - U2.com etc..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
93_teaser.jpg

This is not a picture of the stage. It's a painting/graphic from the tour program, which probably comes from the design they had before the stage was built. I'm sure it looks a bit different in real life, although that gives us an idea.

The stage is similar to Elevation but way more slick. More of a modern Elevation stage. I do like it and I can't wait to see the lights.

There are no risers on the stage. I was there on Saturday night at the rehearsal.

The easiest way to describe the stage is tripping the light fantastic. The lighting scheme is incredible but the staging itself is basically Elevation Tour Part II. Instead of a heart, its oval.

bonosleftone said:
There are no risers on the stage. I was there on Saturday night at the rehearsal.

Unless the so-called platforms (that we have heard mentioned on more than one occasion) go up and down and you didn't see it last night because they left them all down...

Was the stage all at the same level, or were Larry's drums quite higher?

bcrt2000 said:
i have a feeling this show is gonna be heavy on the lighting :)

Most definitely is, it was on Saturday night.

People dont get your knickers too excited. If you saw Elevation, you saw Vertigo. Only difference this time is the video screens are a bit bigger, the lighting more dramatic and the walkway is oval rather than heart.

The risers etc are non existant.

Last edited:
The Vertigo Tour Stage

Check out this pic of the Vertigo Tour stage from inside the tour program:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38353360@N00/7739009/

Looks very good to me!

What I like is that it appears that the stage juts further out in the crowd than the Elevation Heart, giving more GA people a better chance to get up close to the stage and those who are in nosebleeds a better chance at actually seeing the concert!

THANKS U2 - I knew that you'd come through for us. :up:

stage1.jpg

Jeez doesnt that look familiar.

IMO they dropped the ball on stage design this time around, virtually nothing is different.

oceane said:

Unless the so-called platforms (that we have heard mentioned on more than one occasion) go up and down and you didn't see it last night because they left them all down...

Was the stage all at the same level, or were Larry's drums quite higher?

The drums were raised but there were no rising platforms or transformer type stage changes. The drums were not remarkably raised at all, just like Elevation.

that's odd. it looks like there are about 50 people packed in outside the oval, yet maybe about 10 actually inside it, lol

bonosleftone said:
stage1.jpg

Jeez doesnt that look familiar.

IMO they dropped the ball on stage design this time around, virtually nothing is different.

now, keep in mind, you may feel different after the show if the lights are as spectacular as people have said.

mikal said:
that's odd. it looks like there are about 50 people packed in outside the oval, yet maybe about 10 actually inside it, lol

If its a random drawing theres still people filing in hoping for the beep. Also could be a line of people waiting to get the damn wristband.

mikal said:

now, keep in mind, you may feel different after the show if the lights are as spectacular as people have said.

I was there on Saturday night lmao. I think my opinion has a bit of weight to it. Its not remarkably changed from Elevation at all. I was hoping for something very different but its very minor changes if any at all.

Back
Top Bottom