MERGED-->All speculation/discussion etc about DVD shoot in Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was going to accuse you of impropriety, but then I went to that Alta Vista translation site and realized you weren't saying something dirty. :sexywink:

And I'd say something back, but the only Italian I know comes out of the ever-popular "24 Italian Songs and Arias" songbook that every vocal student knows.

Why would you film at the Amsterdam Arena if you can film at San Siro? C'mon, it was stupid enough already to play in Amsterdam instead of Rotterdam. To film in Amsterdam would be the most stupid decision ever.

And then those comments about how good the crowd is in Holland? C'mon, you honestly cannot say that Dutch crowds are better than Italian crowds. Why not? Because it simply ain't the truth.

P.S. I'm a Dutch guy.

I agree on 2 points... The Italian crowds are amazing and the sun sets earlier in Italy, but on Amsterdam has the advantage that weather can't screw up the filming... Amsterdam has a huge black backdrop enhancing the visuals... Amsterdam has some cleaver lighting to lights the stands... Amsterdam has 3 days...

See, I really don't care where they'll film... But Amsterdam has a lot of plusses... Of course the Italian crowds are very good. But then I ask myself why U2 filmed Boston last year when they could have done London or Cologne aswell...

We'll see... Tomorrow is Amsterdam 1...

I think all this crap about 3 or 4 dvd release is such a croc , you will get a vertigo dvd with 1 disc and it will be a compilation of the best footage from all the shows they had extra cams at from the entire tour.

Headache said:
I think all this crap about 3 or 4 dvd release is such a croc , you will get a vertigo dvd with 1 disc and it will be a compilation of the best footage from all the shows they had extra cams at from the entire tour.
You're kidding right? You can't sell compilations! The last one who tried this was Lenny Kravitz with his Live DVD... It was crap! Every band who releses live DVD's release full shows, just like what U2 has done with Popmart, Zoo-TV and Elevation...

Headache said:
not really, the camera's have normally been there for a reason, i.e. vancover being the video shoot for COBL, and the other times have been the practise for the chigago shoot,

they filmed croke for there archives. as am pretty sure they have for all shows in ireland

I want such a "u was right" when musical journey part 2 comes out

Last edited:
Headache said:
I want such a "u was right" when musical journey part 2 comes out
I will give you just that when that happens... But I expect the same from you when a DVD pack comes out with 2 full Verigo shows on it :wink:

If the band is doing a movie like that, the filming is so much different that it would have been noticed by now... Furthermore, the shows that were taped untill now were not for DVD purposes... Only Chicago was...

DVD shoot in Amsterdam

It's pretty much certain now...

The picture below indicates that in the center of the stadium a lot of extra lighting will be mounted on the roof... This indicates that the show will be filmed because extra lighting is necessary to light the audience...

Also visible on the second image, below the second ring are some early black backdrops... This increases the visual video and lighting effects...

u2_arena_1.jpg

u2_arena_3.jpg

Well, according to the person taking the picture, those still remained from the big dance spectacle that took place in the Arena this past weekend (Sensation Black & White).

Popmartijn said:
Well, according to the person taking the picture, those still remained from the big dance spectacle that took place in the Arena this past weekend (Sensation Black & White).
If that is the case... Then my lighting argument's are unfunded...

But then again, normally a load in only starts when the venue is emty... They have had a full day to unload the venue.. Weird...

He also said that today the whole field was empty, apart from U2's stuff. I don't think he could make pictures though...

BTW, how did you find out about the pictures?

Popmartijn said:
He also said that today the whole field was empty, apart from U2's stuff. I don't think he could make pictures though...

BTW, how did you find out about the pictures?
Someone posted them on the forum of the Dutch U2 fanclub... Any chance of asking him wether there is some rigging hanging from the middel of the roof of the stadium?

EDIT : Indeed, I see some white baloons hanging from the roof in picture 1... These are from Sensation...

We'll have to wait for more pictures to know for sure though...

Last edited:
PS... On the same forum is posted that the first people are already in the GA line... Is this a record?

Depends from what time they're waiting. :shrug:
At Croke 1 it was 7 AM the morning before.
:crazy:

*will be at the venue very early tomorrow though*

Re: DVD shoot in Amsterdam

Neilz said:
It's pretty much certain now...

The picture below indicates that in the center of the stadium a lot of extra lighting will be mounted on the roof... This indicates that the show will be filmed because extra lighting is necessary to light the audience...

Also visible on the second image, below the second ring are some early black backdrops... This increases the visual video and lighting effects...

u2_arena_1.jpg

u2_arena_3.jpg

can anyone view these pics? i am getting the red crosses

Those pictures can't be deeplinked to. To view them you have to copy the URL and paste it in your browser.

Here are some more pictures :

u2_arena_4.jpg

u2_arena_5.jpg

u2_arena_6.jpg

u2_arena_7.jpg

u2_arena_8.jpg

u2_arena_9.jpg

u2_arena_10.jpg

- black backdrops for better visual's
- 4 riggings from the roof in the center of the stadium with platform's for spotlights

They did the same with the Rolling Stones gigs that were filmed...

Plus a black 'updrop' above the stage. Now you do might be onto something... :wink:

*is then hoping for a good spot tomorrow and/or Friday*

Also looks liek they have set up the mixing positions on the side rather than 2 platforms offset in the middle of the field as everywhere else.

Looks our Willie has got an "office", sponsored by Grolsch and Redbull!!:eyebrow:

two shots said:
Also looks liek they have set up the mixing positions on the side rather than 2 platforms offset in the middle of the field as everywhere else.

Looks our Willie has got an "office", sponsored by Grolsch and Redbull!!:eyebrow:

Is it possible that that is a concession stand?

two shots said:

Willie section is in the very front... The section behind this are bars to provide the crowd with beer and redbull :drool:

Anyway, the rigging at 4 spots you can see at the last picture indicates multiple spotlight positions above the crowd which can also be used for fantastic camera angles... :wink:

Neilz said:

Willie section is in the very front... The section behind this are bars to provide the crowd with beer and redbull :drool:

Anyway, the rigging at 4 spots you can see at the last picture indicates multiple spotlight positions above the crowd which can also be used for fantastic camera angles... :wink:

cool pictures Neilz...where did you get them..

ramblin rose said:
zwervers2, shouldn't you be tracking down the band about now?

I'm counting on you. :(

the band is still in dublin...they will arrive tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom