MERGED -- > All Questions about GENERAL SALE Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nesskelz17@aol. said:

can it be a diiferent name,billing and shipping address, just the same computer?

Yeah, you can use the same computer. But this sucks. It's all so frickin' complicated!

I said to the woman at ticketmaster, "So, even though I only bought 2 tickets I still can't buy 6 more to reach my limit of 8?"

And she said, "That's correct. Your limit for the presale was 2 tickets."

And I said, "So, I essentially forfeited my limit of 8 by participating in the presale?"

"Yes"

It's crap.

Have some sort of sexual contact with a member of U2, managment or their tech crew.

Other than that the sale starts at 10am local time in relation to the venue of the show you want to attend. There is no way to surefire way to guarantee yourself anything.

GA tickets are not in abundance and the general sale you'll be fighting with everyone and their mother whos trying to get tickets.

Dublin Tix - Do i even have a chance!?

What better place to see them than in dublin, but i am not sure if i can get ANY tix. Am i crazy? We are flying there just for the concert and don't want to pay crazy $ (or euro)...what are my chances?

Nobody will get anything in Europe for hours after TicketUseless / TicketBastard / TicketMostPatheticExcuseForAnOnlineTicketingServiceEver crashes 1 minute after they go on sale due to "unexpected high demand".....

I've head that the Slane shows each took something like 45-90 minutes or more to sell out with a capacity of 80,000 each. Croke park is supposedly about 60,000 capacity, so I suspect you'll have a iminimum of 30 minutes before it sells out. Just keep trying through the internet for an hour or more and see what happens and keep in mind that at least 1 additional show is planned for Dublin, so keep an eye out for it if the June 24 show sells out before you have any success.

(insert number between 1 to 1000) / 1 against

Where are you coming in from?

Personally it's more of a risk than I would take (but then I'm chicken), as if tix are available at the venue you'll pay a fortune to a scalper.

Let's face it, Dublin + U2 = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to those guys.

Jesus I'm nervous for you!!!

Chances on getting GA tickets in the public sale?

I expect something between "slim" and "none"

Ticketmaster employees probably have made their "deals" with the brokers.

I DONT THINK THIS IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:scream: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I think if this latest news is true, that we cannot use the same cc again if we used it for 2 seats for the presale, then Im just gonna lose it completely. :|

I've decided Im just going to take what I can get on Sat, if even anything.

There will be MANY people who dont get anything.

Perhaps some kind soul has a couple extras...I just can't imagine paying 500 quid for it on top of the transportation, etc

Its true, the fine print reads you can make 1 booking only for the entire tour. If you've booked already you cannot book again. So the 4 ticket limit is out the window if you only booked 1 or 2 via the presale.

Question, because I'm an idiot...

So after the commotion, whining, and finger pointing settles down, I still have a question. I was planning on seeing them in CHicago,, will I be able to get GA tickets on saturday? Please help!

You are strictly only allowed to make one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only book for one venue. Therefore you will be unable to book for more than one venue and unable to book more than 4 tickets at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled without notification.

You might. You just have to get lucky. There are still GA tickets that Ticketmaster didn't release yet, so it's just a matter of luck that you might get some. But, sure, there's definitly a chance. Just try not to get your hopes up too much.:)

Woah, can you post the link to that please? Thanks!

If we pay cash, can they still trace it to us? And I'm not interested in purchasing additional tickets to the same show but want to buy a ticket for a different show - on my own at the general sale without the code

I went from Los Angeles to the Dublin shows in 1993. A friend in Dublin arranged for me to have a ticket for the first night, but for the second night I was on my own to get a ticket. Without ever searching hard, I purchased a ticket outside that night for 5 Irish pounds over the face on the ticket which in reality probably was about face value, when you add in service charges paid by the original buyer. The RDS capacity for these 2 shows was roughly 38,000 each night, so less than 1/2 of the total played to at the 2 Slane shows.

A friend of mine went to the second Slane show in 2001 and told me that outside the venue, people couldn't get rid of tickets. They probably were not scalpers, but people who had friends drop out form going on the actual day. He said he saw people give up and walk in with their extra tickets, due to a lack of people without tickets showing up in hopes of buying.

A big difference this year though is that the shows are in the heart of Dublin, thus you should expect more walk up crowds looking for tickets than in 2001, since Slane is a small town outside of Dublin, so it took more effort for people to get there to investigate if there were any tickets to be had.

Ok, that makes no sense at all. So that means that even on the third leg of the tour, even without the pre-sale, I can't buy tickets? What the fuck! Ok, I was extremely calm and tempered during this whole pre-sale fiasco, but this is just fucking rediculous. I want to kill someone!:mad:

bonosleftone said:
You are strictly only allowed to make one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only book for one venue. Therefore you will be unable to book for more than one venue and unable to book more than 4 tickets at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled without notification.

Tell me where this is!!! Because that is not stated on the ticket page, this is:

Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.
Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).
Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

Wait - so if we purchased 2 tickets during the presale, we can't buy any more tickets?

Or if we purchased 2 GA tickets during the presale, we can't purchase any more GA tickets?

There's a HUGE difference between those. Either way it sucks, but they're totally different.

(This certainly is one way to cut down on scalpers...)

skjuls said:

Tell me where this is!!! Because that is not stated on the ticket page, this is:

Ticket Limit
There is a 2 ticket limit per U2.com Fan Club Member during the presale.
Public onsale has a total ticket limit 8 per person with a floor limit of 2 per person (6 reserved +2 floors or 8 reserved total).
Please adhere to published ticket limits. Orders exceeding the ticket limit may be cancelled without notice by Ticketmaster in its discretion. This includes duplicate orders having the same name, billing address or credit card.

Don't worry, I called Ticketmaster in Boston and the kind woman there told me that there isn't a maximum no. of shows you can attend so long as you stay within your limit (2 or 8).

The ticket policy above is for Europeans only.
which sucks for them!!

No way are they limiting us to only one venue.
I've purchased tickets for the same group at different venues before from TM.

fmattyh said:
Wait - so if we purchased 2 tickets during the presale, we can't buy any more tickets?

Or if we purchased 2 GA tickets during the presale, we can't purchase any more GA tickets?

There's a HUGE difference between those. Either way it sucks, but they're totally different.

(This certainly is one way to cut down on scalpers...)

I think scalpers would have many credit cards with different names and billing addresses at their disposal so in theory it would work but in reality it doesn't there are ways around this.
I can already get two other CC's with two different billing addresses, etc. from my dad and sister alone!

ladywithspinninghead said:

Don't worry, I called Ticketmaster in Boston and the kind woman there told me that there isn't a maximum no. of shows you can attend so long as you stay within your limit (2 or 8).

The ticket policy above is for Europeans only.
which sucks for them!!

So if you already got GA then you need another CC, name and billing address. I got GA for Anaheim but really want GA for Philly. Halup you better get the GA for Philly! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom