MERGED-->Advice, Please: Europe Shows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nito1972

Babyface
Advice, Pease! - Europe Shows

Hi everyone!

I'm a little nervous, it's only 19 days left to my first concert this tour (I got 4: Rome, Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon) ... and the reason I feel like this is the GA tickets, three of the tickets are GA and I need at least one of them to be in the "Bomb Shelter" ... although in Europe is not called like this...

In your experience (many of you already attended some of them and were between the lucky ones) ... What time do you consider reasonable to go to the Gates and wait untill the doors are opened???

I'm thinking about it too often and I feel anxious ... at least one of the shows I will do the wainting as long as it's needed... In my opinion there are two different concerts every night: One in the closed area and the other outside.

I'd appreciate your advice

Thanks

:wink:

"I wanna trip inside your head
Spend the day there"

For Manchester and Glasgow I got into the 'Bomb Shelter' by standing from 11.30am, Manchester was a nightmare as security hadn't handed out the bands in a first come first serve way, the way it should be done, nearly causing riots.

Glasgow was much better we didn't get a band it was first come first in, we got in no problem and got to the barrier of Edge's B-stage, we could have got close to the main stage, but the B-stage is the place to see the show. You would get you hand stamped on the way out of the 'Shelter' if you needed to leave for the toilet or anything.

Anyway, I would reckon from around 11-11.30am you'll be fine for getting in the shelter and getting an excellent view. As I said, on the barrier of the b-stages is the place to be.

Last edited:
I got into the "bomb shelter" at 2 of the 3 concerts I attended in the UK. Both times I didn't start queuing until about 3.30pm. Although some people had been there since breakfast time!!!! I guess it'll vary from gig to gig.

BTW, in the UK it was the first 5000 who got access to the "bomb shelter".

For Manchester and Glasgow I got into the 'Bomb Shelter' by standing from 11.30am, Manchester was a nightmare as security hadn't handed out the bands in a first come first serve way, the way it should be done, nearly causing riots.

Glasgow was much better we didn't get a band it was first come first in, we got in no problem and got to the barrier of Edge's B-stage, we could have got close to the main stage, but the B-stage is the place to see the show. You would get you hand stamped on the way out of the 'Shelter' if you needed to leave for the toilet or anything.

Anyway, I would reckon from around 11-11.30am you'll be fine for getting in the shelter and getting an excellent view. As I said, on the barrier of the b-stages is the place to be.

Glasgow and Manchester for me too! I agree with Lo-Fi, next to the "vertigo targets" is the best place to be.......either of them!

Jimali said:
Glasgow and Manchester for me too! I agree with Lo-Fi, next to the "vertigo targets" is the best place to be.......either of them!

What target stage were you at, at the shows? I was on Edge's Glasgow and Adam's Manchester. I prefer Edge's, seeing him do the solo in Love and Peace Or Else only a couple of feet away from me was worth the ticket price alone, that and hearing WGRYWH with the B-Man singing in front of me on Edge's b-stage, priceless.

Lo-Fi said:

What target stage were you at, at the shows? I was on Edge's Glasgow and Adam's Manchester. I prefer Edge's, seeing him do the solo in Love and Peace Or Else only a couple of feet away from me was worth the ticket price alone, that and hearing WGRYWH with the B-Man singing in front of me on Edge's b-stage, priceless.

Edge's at Man 2 (didn't get into the shelter for Man 1) and Adam's at Glasgow. Edge strolling along through the dry ice during Zoo Station was awsome, as was LAPOE at Glasgow with Bono and Larry only a few feet away.

Check out my pics on this forum..........if you're interested.

I got into the "bomb shelter" at 2 of the 3 concerts I attended in the UK. Both times I didn't start queuing until about 3.30pm and got in no bother. Although some people had been there since breakfast time!!!! I guess it'll vary from gig to gig.

Jimali said:

Same for the Republic of Ireland.

Got to barrier at B stage by arriving at 3 one day, and the following day started to queue at midday.
Good luck.

Thanks a Lot

I see all of you very optimistic, and this makes me so ... I was thinking about going around 9 am but now I think maybe is too early ... You know, in Spain people is very crazy and I'm afraid when I arrive to the gate there's people there from the night before

Thanks a Lot to all of You

:wink:

By the way ... any body can explain me why my thread was moved?

:confused:

Thanks Again

Thanks

Don't apologize,

My Mistake! I'm a beginner and I made the mistake by introducing the thread in the wrong place

Thanks for your help

I'm sure all 4 shows will be grrrreat

:yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom