MERGED --> 4 tickets per person??? + Quick ticketing question, can anyone help??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm seeing this all over the place now.

I have a simple question - does this include the pre-sale or not?

So hang on, I'm stuck now.

I'm meant to be booking 6 tickets tomorrow for Manchester, 2 standing and 4 seating. I can only make 1 booking now, so I can only book one or the other. I cant even book 8 standing as i'm not allowed to do that as well. So im stuck with booking 6 seats?

Thats f***ing crap. It really is.

I just got off the phone to Ticketmaster and Ticketline.

First, I spoke to Ticketmaster. They confirmed that the 4 ticket limit applies to the whole tour INCLUDING the pre-sale. Therefore, if you were planning on buying more tickets tomorrow on the general sale using the same card and/or postcode, you will lose the tickets.

However, the person I spoke did concede it was theoretically possible to buy more than 4 by going to another ticket agency.

So, I then phoned Ticketline, asked if it was possible to buy more than 4 using a different agency. The person I spoke to put me on hold then came back and said it was something that had been mandated by the promotor and anyone buying more than 4 tickets using different agencies DID run the risk of losing them.

Fcuk.

U2
U2 have announced 4 huge outdoor shows for Summer 2005 on the back of the phenomenal success of their latest album 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'.
Tickets for these essential shows will be onsale via our Home Page from 9:00am on Friday January 28th.
If you are a new customer to Ticketline you should register in advance of Friday, if you are a returning customer, we advise that you log in on Friday morning prior to the tickets going on sale.
14 Jun City Of Manchester Stadium
18 Jun London Twickenham Stadium
24 Jun Glasgow Hampden Park
29 Jun Cardiff Millennium Stadium
You can also book for these shows from Friday morning by telephone on 0870 746 0200
Please note that there will be a strict limit on the number of tickets that you will be allowed to buy. This limit is for 4 tickets per person across the tour. This means that no more than 4 tickets in total for the entire tour may be bought by the same person or by using the same credit card. A person can buy 4 single tickets, 1 for each date, or 4 tickets for 1 date, or any combination so long as the total does not exceed 4. Any tickets bought in excess of this will be refunded without notice.

Just get another persons details if you want to purchase more than 4 tickets total. They WILL cancel tickets.

x

Last edited:
But what happened to the 8 ticket limit (2 standing and 6 seating) ?

Yet again, theres going to be people the night before going into this sale unsure of they're going to face.

H said:
So I can't book 1 ticket for 4 different gigs.

Who is this supposed to be benefitting?

You can at Ticketline, just not at Ticketmaster.

oh great yet something else to be moaned about, jeesus the tour is 2 months away, we should be talking about that not all this

I just emailed everyone and their dog about this, it's outrageous. 4 tickets for the whole fucking tour, get fucking real, that's never happend before, and it looks like I'll miss out on a set of tickets.

I bought tix for Manchester with another code for my mate but because of this new add on to the rules I might lose everything.

Why weren't we told this before the presales? I've had to contact Ticketmaster to ensure I don't lose all my tickets because of this.

Lo-Fi said:
I just emailed everyone and their dog about this, it's outrageous. 4 tickets for the whole fucking tour, get fucking real, that's never happend before, and it looks like I'll miss out on a set of tickets.

I bought tix for Manchester with another code for my mate but because of this new add on to the rules I might lose everything.

Why weren't we told this before the presales? I've had to contact Ticketmaster to ensure I don't lose all my tickets because of this.

Because Ticketmaster is full of shite!

Lo-Fi said:

Am I reading this right ? Because I paid $45 (incl postage) to u2com I got a pre-sale code that (eventually) allowed me 4 tickets to the same outdoor show (not the one I wanted), rather than 2 tickets to two shows (my reference). Now because I have purchased 4 tickets (for 1 show) I am not allowed to purchase any tickets in the open sale ? If correct this wasn't expalined to us, is completely unfair and bullshit !

Mike

MalahideChick said:
Keep this bumped. This is absolutely outrageous. People will be having their tickets cancelled left, right and centre if they don't find out about this.

Absolutely. If I'd kept to my original plans, I would've gone out tonight and totally missed this. Then I would've been logging on tomorrow and maybe wouldn't have seen it, which would've blown my chances (potentially) for Dublin.

Instead, I've had the chance to make alternative arrangements for tomorrow. Phew!

WHAT!?!?

I had assumed that the 4 ticket limit only applied to the presale, I had no idea that the General sale was this limited, I thought I'd heard that you would be able to get hold of 8 tickets from each call to TicketMaster.

I was going to look for tickets to Glasgow and/or Cardiff's shows but if this is true then I will be stuck with one show. It's better than none, don't get me wrong about that, I just thought that I'd be able to go to more than one.

Ticketmaster, those souls of purity:
Please note: You are strictly only allowed to make
one booking for this tour. There is a limit of 4 tickets per
booking and because you can only make one booking, you can only
book for one venue. Therefore you will be unableto book for
more than one venue and unable to book for more than 4 tickets
at your chosen venue. Multiple bookings will be cancelled
without notification.

oh, great (!) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Don't worry, all the loyal fans who have attended loads of shows can still get tickets. It will just cost 100s on ebay. What a ridiculous rule - are they trying to help the scalpers even more after they've already doled out loads of tickets to them? Does anybody know if this applies across Europe, ie if I book for London and Dublin will that be viewed as too many and cancelled? What a pathetic situation.

This is crap and pisses me off most out of all the shit that has been going on with u2 management these days. I have been planning this tour for months and had my heart set on going several shows. I know it is lucky to go to just one show, but it really has messed up a lot of plans. Dedicated fans should be able to attend more than one gig. Perhaps a "perk" of the fan club could have been the ability to do this even to limit it a little.

Im also glad I found out tonight. Would have probably gone ahead and booked several shows if I could tommorrow and then panicked like crazy about losing the tickets for the whole lot.

Ah well best of luck to everyone booking tickets tommorrow!

cdparky said:
Don't worry, all the loyal fans who have attended loads of shows can still get tickets. It will just cost 100s on ebay. What a ridiculous rule - are they trying to help the scalpers even more after they've already doled out loads of tickets to them? Does anybody know if this applies across Europe, ie if I book for London and Dublin will that be viewed as too many and cancelled? What a pathetic situation.

Yeah I checked with ticketmaster and they said only one show in the WORLD! I was enquiring about Manchester and Dublin. It sucks but your exactly right that this is gonna cause a lot of fans to be forced to buy from places like ebay at crazy prices. :(

www.ticketline.co.uk have just confirmed by e-mail this is indeed true - but have yet to answer why they are allowing bookings for multiple venues within the 4 ticket limit and the pre-sale didn't, and Ticketmaster seem to be following the pre-sale approach.

This really makes the earlier problems seem (in comparison) insignificant- we should have been told before we used our codes !!!!! This absolutely STINKS !

Mike

mikeuk said:
www.ticketline.co.uk have just confirmed by e-mail this is indeed true - but have yet to answer why they are allowing bookings for multiple venues within the 4 ticket limit and the pre-sale didn't, and Ticketmaster seem to be following the pre-sale approach.

This really makes the earlier problems seem (in comparison) insignificant- we should have been told before we used our codes !!!!! This absolutely STINKS !

Mike

I could guess that the promotor specified only 4 tickets per person. Ticketline have taken a little bit of a liberty and allowed this for multiple shows. While Ticketbastard are being, well, bastards.

Hate to put a spanner in the works, but last year I saw Rush 7 times (6 UK shows and Rotterdam)

Ticketline handled the presales and apparently were horrendous - losing peoples orders, booking seats twice etc, etc.

For that tour I booked direct with each arena and avoided the agencies.

Oh dear.

I am just in total shock this last week with what U2 has allowed to happen with their tour...and don't give me any B.S. that it is management and not the Band, U2 (the band = Bono, Edge, Adam, & Larry) have final control of what happens, they are as much to blame for anything that goes down.

I am just simply in shock! I really have nothing more to say, they have rendered me speechless...

H said:
Hate to put a spanner in the works, but last year I saw Rush 7 times (6 UK shows and Rotterdam)

Ticketline handled the presales and apparently were horrendous - losing peoples orders, booking seats twice etc, etc.

For that tour I booked direct with each arena and avoided the agencies.

Oh dear.

I remember that!! Rush put a publically visible password on their website and you could phone or try Ticketline on the internet.

I was after tickets for the SECC and I ended up phoning their direct box office. Wasn't asked for any passwords and had the tickets in my hands within a week. OK, the seats weren't the best - but what Ticketline was offering before it crashed wasn't too great either.

Anyway the lesson learnt was book direct with the venue. Not that we have that opportunity now.

Unbelievable.

It's all explainable when you realize that they have to make sure there are plenty of tickets for The Scam Artists Formerly Known as Ticket Brokers.

Argh!!

I booked tickets for Cardiff and Glasgow in the pre-sales using different codes (two u2.com subscriptions) and different credit cards. Now I am worried both of these will be cancelled by Ticketmaster. I don't know whether to try and buy more tickets tomorrow from different agencies in the hope that they don't compare the lists.

Argh! Never mind the $40 lost and the lack of GAs, this is absolutely the most scandalous thing of the whole ticket debacle. How would the Americans be reacting if they were told they could only attend ONE show?!

Some of you who bought tickets in the pre-sale got a 2nd confirmation, did everyone? I didn't get a 2nd one from TM. Maybe this means my tickets are already cancelled?

no, I only booked the 4 (though I remain suspicious that TM will deliver them) and got one from TicketMaster and one from U2.com

Back
Top Bottom