Los Angeles II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
dabiggestu2fan said:
Howdy there, just a question.. whatr was that intro song they played just before everyone everyone everyone.... in the aneheim 1 show??? was that BONO singning... some parts t sounds like him and others it doesnt.

I forget the name of the song, but I think it's by the Arcade Fire (it's what they open their shows up with, IIRC).

dabiggestu2fan said:
Howdy there, just a question.. whatr was that intro song they played just before everyone everyone everyone.... in the aneheim 1 show??? was that BONO singning... some parts t sounds like him and others it doesnt.

some people think that it might be Gavin Friday (bono's best friend, musician, all-around-character...).

RademR: want to try to talk him into calling you and starting a nationwide cell phone chain to listen to the show ? :D

*Ally* said:
thanks RademR- i hope he got it before he left!!!! :huh:

Axver- i'm hoping for 2 new songs, too! but knowing U2's track record... well, let's still keep hoping!!! ;)

Well, at the majority of shows this tour, they've played 2 new songs ... :wink:

*Ally* said:

some people think that it might be Gavin Friday (bono's best friend, musician, all-around-character...).

Ooops, sorry. i thought you meant who was saying the "everyone"s... the song prior to that is Arcade Fire.

must...write...paper.... :(

knox said:
RademR: want to try to talk him into calling you and starting a nationwide cell phone chain to listen to the show ? :D

cool with me, the phone call is free, i pay for text messaging, even though its so small i could care less.

Shawn Bonneau said:
The song before the Everybody is Arcade fire.... the band anyways..... forgot the song name.

SMB

The song is called Wake Up, I believe.

erichoulihan said:
ok I'm out the door. I will send a test right now to that number. Enjoy guys! I know I will. Send me back a conformation text so make sure it working. Until the end of the world tonight boys!

AWESOME! I LOVE U2 FANS!! thank you erichoulihan!!! and RademR!!! see you all in a couple of hours... :)

great to see we got another live update happening , although when i get to the shows in uk & the us i've got tickets for there's no way i'd be able to send text msg......but i suppose if you're in seats it would be easier.....

i'm hoping for i will follow or 11 o'clock tonight ......both even

knox said:

That would be in ingenious idea! It probably won't work this show, but some time it would be great to have hundreds of phones listening in on a show you can't be at!

hey everyone dont miss u2 on access hollywood tonight at 7:30!!! for those of us that wont be there. im going just to hang out and wait for the band. maybe ill be able to hear from outside!

Last edited:
celticbhoy said:
great to see we got another live update happening , although when i get to the shows in uk & the us i've got tickets for there's no way i'd be able to send text msg......but i suppose if you're in seats it would be easier.....

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to do updates from GA in Boston in May ... I have seats for the first night, though, so I may send updates. Not sure. It's my very first concert, so I don't know if I want to be texting during it.

i'm hoping for i will follow or 11 o'clock tonight ......both even

That would be amazing! Though I don't know of any 11 O'clock Tick Tock rumours ... then again, no-one expected An Cat Dubh or Gloria!

Axver said:

Yeah, I don't think I'll be able to do updates from GA in Boston in May ... I have seats for the first night, though, so I may send updates. Not sure. It's my very first concert, so I don't know if I want to be texting during it.

what boston show are you going to in may? i'll be at 5/28! :)

I love these setlist parties-Am I crazy, someone just called and offered me a GA for tonight, but after being at last night's awesome show, I plan on waiting to see them in NYC in May. Last night was just so bittersweet for me, but then again to know that they are playing only 15 minutes away from my house!I need to get my head examined.

FullonEdge2 said:
That would be in ingenious idea! It probably won't work this show, but some time it would be great to have hundreds of phones listening in on a show you can't be at!

I listened to the last third of last night's show via a 3-way call. It was keen.

*Ally* said:

what boston show are you going to in may? i'll be at 5/28! :)

I'll be at all three, GA for the 26th and 28th. Will you be on the floor too?

Axver said:

That would be amazing! Though I don't know of any 11 O'clock Tick Tock rumours ... then again, no-one expected An Cat Dubh or Gloria!

I'll never forget my first concert , it was dublin 30.12.89.....i was just a boy and they played out of control & 11 oclock tick tock.....took my breathe away......

*Ally* said:

sure will! we'll have to meet up in the GA queue! :)

Awesome! I'm taking my girlfriend to that show, so I don't know when we'll rock up - I think we might spend some time around Boston - but I'm also planning on meeting up with a LiveJournal friend there too. Should be a good show for meeting people!

Also should be good setlist-wise ...!

jenniferheger said:
I love these setlist parties-Am I crazy, someone just called and offered me a GA for tonight, but after being at last night's awesome show, I plan on waiting to see them in NYC in May. Last night was just so bittersweet for me, but then again to know that they are playing only 15 minutes away from my house!I need to get my head examined.

Yes, you ARE nuts. :ohmy:

Anyone here going to be at any Chicago shows? I'll be waiting outside most of the day for the last three, probably.

Back
Top Bottom