Is people camping out today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
techfire said:
Why can't I buy tickets to a show that I've waited 4 years to see, take my girl out to a nice dinner, have some drinks and still have a chance to get a good spot on the floor.

...because you threw that chance out the window when you went to go get dinner and drinks. Life is a series of trade offs, make a choice! I'm not saying there's a right and wrong one, but you have to make a choice, position or dinner out and drinks. (And you can even solve that problem, bring liquor with you for the line and have a pizza delivered to you in line.) If everyone should have the same chance to get a good spot on the floor, why not have seats down there and then everyone will have a chance at getting a good seat. No U2, chose to have GA so that the fans that wanted to make the sacrifice would be rewarded.

As far as going with someone who might not want to wait outside all day, well it sounds like you need a new friend. ;)

I don't know if anyone here has noticed that life isn't fair... Sometimes you get lemons. Friend gets hit and killed by a drunk driver, not very fair. You guys should spend time doing productive things instead of arguing on forums what's fair and what's not the fair. The fact is, anyone who posts here is leading an unfair life. The majority of the people in the world do not have internet, let alone go to a u2 show. Stop whining about fair, you got here through unfairness!

prof_peabody said:
I don't know if anyone here has noticed that life isn't fair... Sometimes you get lemons. Friend gets hit and killed by a drunk driver, not very fair. You guys should spend time doing productive things instead of arguing on forums what's fair and what's not the fair. The fact is, anyone who posts here is leading an unfair life. The majority of the people in the world do not have internet, let alone go to a u2 show. Stop whining about fair, you got here through unfairness!

Spare me the inane "Be Glad for What You Have" Speech. Last I checked this isn't Thanksgiving.

It really has nothing to do with what's fair, it's has to do with what makes sense. Like it or not, we are who we are. I'm very grateful for the life I have been provided, but I'm also not going to apologize for it. The fact is we are just little higher up on Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. We have the food and shelter, now we just need our U2 fix. This is what's important to us. Were talking about it on the internet during work hours for god sakes. I'm not looking for fair, I'm looking for logic!

STING2 said:

That is not what the fans think. Go to U2.com and look at the response by the FANS! By a margin of more than 2 to 1, the fans do not want the lottery to be continued.

The Elevation tour was fair and first come, first serve has always been fair. There is no need to change a system that worked on the last tour to satisfy a few people with little desire to wait in line all day.

Well, the band and management thought there was a need for several reasons. Fans may not like it, but I believe its going to stay. Alot of people bitched about the GA concept period when it was announced in 2001 (myself included), but it worked out ok. This will be the same. Fans just need to get into the mindset of what is going to happen and that the lottery is here to stay.

To the person that said they thought this would cause less fans to camp out and was dismayed that 53 people were there at 5:30am. Well on monday there were about 250 to 300 there at that time from some reports. So the lottery has already cut down the camping out substantially.

techfire said:

Yes, this has been debated over and over again, but here goes. Sure I can use a vacation day to spend the day in line for a good spot, but say I have 2 tickets and my girlfriend is not as die hard as I am, is it fair for her to spend the day with me in line as well, no?

Yes, it's fair. Just because something is unfortunate for you doesn't make it unfair. If I can't convince my mom to drive me to Best Buy at 6am the day after Thanksgiving to get the $30 DVD player, that doesn't make it unfair for the people who got there at 6am to get them. They don't necessarily want it more. But can you really say it would be fair for me to get it instead of them?

Its still bullcrap that we have to go through this as fans. I did organize the line with help from the other people who camp out for San Diego Night 1. My ticket didn't get me into the Oval but #3 did and gave me his +1 wristband. I still think it sucks because people will still camp out because what if you one of the first 40 or 50 people and you are scanned to go into the Oval? You will be at the very tip inside the Oval front row and if you are 150 something you will fill in the front row of the inside of the Oval. For the tip you might as well be like the first 10 people in line to get at the tip. At the first show they allowed handicap people in first before anyone else and they got the tip outside the Oval. They didn't fill the whole Oval and thats why they should go back to first come first serve. I think its still your own fault for not taking off from work or school. I took off from school and miss 2 days to see U2 in order to see it from the best spot in the whole house. Management claims it was a success so we can't complaint about it. If we petition the Oval lottery and get over 100,000 people to sign it, we can get management to go back to the old system. Its hard enough to get tickets and now shut out fans camping out all day to see the show from a good spot and having their times of their life meeting other U2 fans drinking and eating all day in line. I think that Paul McGuiness and Craig Evans need to think this over because people are still camping out all day to see the show from the best possible spot on the floor.

Also on the 3rd leg they have to clarify that ETS sold GA tickets and we do not know what its going to say on the ticket either Adult or Fan Club like N-Type or W-Pre etc. Craig Evans has to figure that out to.

Last edited:
no offense, but anyone who has been to college and now works full time will tell you there is no comparison between missing 2 days of school vs. missing 2 days of work- believe me, there are plenty of fans who can't afford to take off from work for 2 days to wait outside who would do just that in a second if they were back in school-myself included.

Hello,

I have to disagree with that, I have a full time job, work 50 hour weeks, even weekends when needed and am still taking the day of the show off in order to guarantee ( thought it would be a guarantee ) myself and my GF (never been to a show and is 5 ft tall ) entry into the elipse. Nonestly, if I had the option now, I would of gotten first row of seats rather than GA's. I think this is not a good system and am sick of all this confusion regarding anything U2, whether it be tickets or elipse or whatever. Keep it simple U2 management, nice and simple.

its not a big deal to stand towards the back of the floor if you have work and can't wait online ... you are still much better off than the majority of the people there ...

Back
Top Bottom