Is all this anger just in passing or has this fiasco hurt the band?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 is not at fault. Some of these fans who are protesting and complaining about every single thing are the main problem. If they are really passionate die-hard fans, they will go camp out to get tickets. I just can't understand what these people expected. U2 is the biggest band in the world and tickets to a presale are going to be gone in seconds literally. The demand was so intense so it was obvious not everyone is going to get tickets. But what really angers me are these people who bitch and moan about setlists, and Bono's humanitarian efforts and criticizing the album, etc. If you really dislike it, don't go to the concert. There are plenty of people who do.

mkrieg said:
U2 is not at fault. Some of these fans who are protesting and complaining about every single thing are the main problem. If they are really passionate die-hard fans, they will go camp out to get tickets. I just can't understand what these people expected.

Is U2 not at fault for fleecing their most loyal die-hard fans? Didn't they state on U2.com that U2 were offering the best seats in the house (yes, they did).

The most loyal fan is ripped off while the ordinary punter is the one who will queue up for a few hours outside ticketmaster and purchase a ticket for the best seat in the house, not the fan who paid $40 for a subscription.

What these people expected is the service they were promised and a bit of respect. An apology from U2.com/ U2/ Pm wouldn't hurt.

You can't gloss over the FACTS:

U2 said we'd have access to some of "the best tickets in the house"

I got third deck seats, opposite end of the arena from the stage and paid $100 each for them.

U2 put some of the WORST seats in the house for sale knowing the fanclub suckers would snatch them up if that was the only chance they were given.

It's not a mini-scandal or a technology glitch or anything else that the management's public relations department is describing it as. It is simply a BLATANT lie to steal money from a client base that they felt they could count on to purchase the seats they needed to get rid of.

I have never allowed a company to rip me off so blatantly and then been a return customer. I burned my U2 CDs and sold them to the local used CD shop yesterday - you should all do the same - when a used CD is purchased none of the money goes to the band. I'll always be a fan of their music, but will never purchase another product they try to shill onto me.

What I am most angry about is how I got a copy of How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb off the Internet before it was released (like most die-hard fans) and yet still went out and purchased the CD because I felt it was wrong to steal the band's music without paying for it. I feel quite different today. I am putting all my U2 mp3s on-line for free download - and encourage everyone to do the same thing.

And my two SHIT tickets to the concert are going on eBay to the highest bidder. Hopefully it'll be some loser who doesn't even like U2, and wants to spend big $$ to take a date and leave the show early. That's the type of corporate crowd the U2 Corporaton deserves to play in front of.

You can be a fan of the band's music and still refuse to give them your money. Their music lives on, but as a band they are dead to me.

"Best seats in the house" - a despicable, dirty lie. Do not let this company treat you this way – you are a customer, take your business elsewhere.

bostonmike4444 said:
Do not let this company treat you this way – you are a customer, take your business elsewhere.

I'd start an REM fansite, but one of my friends already runs the largest one. hehe.

Even when I'm sick of the U2 'machine' ... I still end up having them in my playlist. Like you said... the music lives on.

bostonmike4444 said:
You can't gloss over the FACTS:

U2 said we'd have access to some of "the best tickets in the house"

I got third deck seats, opposite end of the arena from the stage and paid $100 each for them.

U2 put some of the WORST seats in the house for sale knowing the fanclub suckers would snatch them up if that was the only chance they were given.

It's not a mini-scandal or a technology glitch or anything else that the management's public relations department is describing it as. It is simply a BLATANT lie to steal money from a client base that they felt they could count on to purchase the seats they needed to get rid of.

I have never allowed a company to rip me off so blatantly and then been a return customer. I burned my U2 CDs and sold them to the local used CD shop yesterday - you should all do the same - when a used CD is purchased none of the money goes to the band. I'll always be a fan of their music, but will never purchase another product they try to shill onto me.

What I am most angry about is how I got a copy of How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb off the Internet before it was released (like most die-hard fans) and yet still went out and purchased the CD because I felt it was wrong to steal the band's music without paying for it. I feel quite different today. I am putting all my U2 mp3s on-line for free download - and encourage everyone to do the same thing.

You can be a fan of the band's music and still refuse to give them your money. Their music lives on, but as a band they are dead to me.

"Best seats in the house" - a despicable, dirty lie. Do not let this company treat you this way – you are a customer, take your business elsewhere.

:bow: I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks like this

The money my Dad was going to spend on our U2 tickets (and I'm sure a lot of other students parents help out with buying tickets and probably fork out a lot getting transport, accomodation etc for some of these shows) is writing a cheque and putting it all towards a diabetes charity/ tsunami appeal. Bono can't practise what he preaches, he sits in his pretty cars telling us all to give moeny to the poor while on the other hand he rips off his most loyal customers and gives them nothing in return really.

I still love U2's music, but U2 will never ever ever get another penny from me. Ever.

As someone here said last week "U2 don't care who buys their tickets so that's why I'm still buying them" is the exact reason why I won't be buying tickets for these shows. U2 knows they will sell all those tickets within a matter of minutes, they don't care if it's someone who hasn't bought their albums or follwoed them for 20 years but they know the people they can REALLY rip off is those loyal fans so that's who they sell those subscriptions to.

My uncle stopped supporting U2 a few years ago because he said they were selling out. I was talking to him a few weeks ago and he told me U2 aren't really that interested in their Irish fans and play so many shows in America for one reason: money. I think he was exactly right.

If you go into the Clarence in Dublin you will find you can purchase copies of HTDAAB. If that isn't an example of U2 trying to squeeze every last penny out of their fans, I don't know what is. In future, any U2 album I get will not be bought in a shop, that's for sure.

I have my principles and I am going to stick by them, people who complain so much and are so angry with U2 shouldn't continue supporting them, I don't understand that. Wouldn't it have been a lot better if all those people who felt ripped off donated even half of their subscription money to charity. That's money going to a good cause. :up:

Back
Top Bottom