I have a feeling that Kayne West is going to be booed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ladera Heights said:
I'll never understand how closed-minded fucks can like U2. Why are so many conservatives into U2? U2 is as leftwing as it gets. Aren't they listening to the lyrics? Oh wait, they must be bandwaggoners.

BTW, what did Kanye play?

This close-minded conservative fuck absolutely adores U2. They can say whatever they want. I don't care for Kanye, but they obviously do.

Oh wait, that wasn't good enough! I guess I have to automatically like every single song, every single thing they've ever said, and every support act they've ever had in order to be a fan! Whoopsie!!

Chizip said:
Kanye West was fucking amazing. Best support act I've seen on this tour by far. It was the first time I was ever sad when the opening act's set was over.

Bono came out and gave a great tribute to him introducing him. Kanye said when he performs live he very rarely gets nervous, but for the first time in a year and a half he was nervous opening for U2. But he seemed to be surprised at how well he was received. He said "Wow, this isn't so bad" and genuinely seemed to be having a great time, high fiving people in the first row and dancing around the ellipse.

So definitely 2 big :up: :up: for Kanye. And this is coming from someone who wasn't really a big Kanye fan going into the show.

I agree 100%. I didn't know what to expect with Kanye but it was ALL good and a real treat. I loved his lady muscians too. They rocked! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

You my friend, are a closed-minded liberal, who is obviously an a**.

U2 is not as left-wing as it gets. Have you ever listened to lyrics yourself. Why don't you pop in October, eh?

Idiot.

Ladera Heights said:
I'll never understand how closed-minded fucks can like U2. Why are so many conservatives into U2? U2 is as leftwing as it gets. Aren't they listening to the lyrics? Oh wait, they must be bandwaggoners.

XBL_AchtungBaby said:
You my friend, are a closed-minded liberal, who is obviously an a**.

U2 is not as left-wing as it gets. Have you ever listened to lyrics yourself. Why don't you pop in October, eh?

Idiot.

Could you please watch the tone of your responses a bit more carefully? Thanks! :)

Chizip said:
Kanye West was fucking amazing. Best support act I've seen on this tour by far. It was the first time I was ever sad when the opening act's set was over.

Bono came out and gave a great tribute to him introducing him. Kanye said when he performs live he very rarely gets nervous, but for the first time in a year and a half he was nervous opening for U2. But he seemed to be surprised at how well he was received. He said "Wow, this isn't so bad" and genuinely seemed to be having a great time, high fiving people in the first row and dancing around the ellipse.

So definitely 2 big :up: :up: for Kanye. And this is coming from someone who wasn't really a big Kanye fan going into the show.

they let kanye go on the ellipse? that's friggin awesome.

:sad: i wanna see kanye :sad:

Kanye West was unfuckingbelieveable. period. end of story. I'm so tired or I'd right more. I have to go and teach or something now. I'll write more later but basically what Chip said. :drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

they let kanye go on the ellipse? that's friggin awesome.

:sad: i wanna see kanye :sad:

yep - it was so amazing - it was the fastest the opening act has ever seemed for me. Anyone who gets to see Kanye West on this tour is getting a lot for their money - not an opening act to miss. I was a fan before but now I would consider seeing him as a headlining act

btw his bodyguard is really scary :yikes:

I had a feeling people would like Kanye. U2 fans like good music, and in his area of singing, Kanye is very good. I'm not much of a rap fan, either, but I like Eminem, Outkast and Kanye. I am happy for U2 that Kanye didn't get booed (too badly). I know it would have made the band feel bad.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Kanye West was unfuckingbelieveable. period. end of story. I'm so tired or I'd right more. I have to go and teach or something now. I'll write more later but basically what Chip said. :drool:

:hug:

I'm glad you got back okay

Was it just me or did it seem like there were some boos when Bono thanked Kanye during the I Still Haven't Found intro? We were in the ellipse right by the right ramp and it sounded like it was coming from the lower section right by us which was only about half full during Kanye's set. It was like they showed up after Kanye and just booed without seeing him perform. I'm with everybody else. I thought he was great! Usually opening acts seem to drag on forever but his set went by really fast. I'm curious to see the reaction in Omaha tonight.

Aparofan said:
Was it just me or did it seem like there were some boos when Bono thanked Kanye during the I Still Haven't Found intro? We were in the ellipse right by the right ramp and it sounded like it was coming from the lower section right by us which was only about half full during Kanye's set. It was like they showed up after Kanye and just booed without seeing him perform. I'm with everybody else. I thought he was great! Usually opening acts seem to drag on forever but his set went by really fast. I'm curious to see the reaction in Omaha tonight.

It might have been members of G-Unit trying to start some beef w/ Kayne.

WildHoneyAlways said:

omg. I used the wrong write. I need sleep. 3 hours in 2 days just isn't cutting it. :|

And I just thought I mention how good Kanye was again. And I think there were some jagoffs who booed him. :angry:

irishdove said:
I had a feeling people would like Kanye. U2 fans like good music.

I'm not quite so sure about U2 fans liking good music besides U2. On the first leg of the Elevation tour they had one of the most critically acclaimed artists of the past decade, PJ Harvey, open most of the shows. I was able to see her open 4 shows, where she always gave riveting, intense performances. Unlike most openers, she changed her setlist each night. I was blown away by her performances, yet almost every person I talked to hated her. I never was able to make any sense of that.

Also, it seems that Kings Of Leon was hated by most people who saw them, yet they are a highly regarded band, especially in the UK. While they were not nearly as good as PJ Harvey had been, I thought their performances were decent.

I will admit something...deep in the pages of this forum. I was born in 1972 and I used to listen to Hip Hop.......and Hip Hop only. RUN DMC, Public Enemy, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Big Daddy Kane, EPMD, Leaders of the New School, Eric B and Rakim......the list goes on.

In high school.....I knew of U2 and my friends had Boy, October, War, and Unforgettable Fire.......but I wasn't into U2 at all. One evening....my first time getting drunk......I sat with some headphones and listened to "Running to Stand Still" and I was converted and baptized into the echos and sounds of U2's music. I was converted. I started to like U2....and being a dude of colour, I kept it quiet to the knowledge of my other black friends that I liked a white band. I used to joke with some of my friends that I would come out of the closet about my adoration for U2.........um....um....(thinking of something absurd at the time).......I would come out of the closet the day Public Enemy opens for U2...

.....and to my f*cking surprise it happened......

My black friends had much more respect for U2 because of this musical venture. In my mind and in my own life, U2 and PE together made myself and others in my life that music can be without colour and race and stereotypes.

That being said. I am fully out of the closet with my adoration of U2. After seeing U2 21 times and 11 Vertigo shows.....it's safe to say where my dedication lies.

I'm not in the Hip-Hop game anymore. I seek my younger brothers to find me Hip-Hop tracks that are good. 50cent doesn't do it for me.......although much respect to the New School of Rappers out there. There are some good tracks and some crappy tracks out there by the New School Rappers in my opinion.

That being said.....I love Kanye....and for U2 to pick him up as an opener is just as brilliant as getting Damian Marley. My only regret on this Vertigo tour is not getting to see Kanye. I saw Kings of Leon (didn't like), Dashboard Confessional (didn't like), Damian Marley (loved), Keane (love them dudes), and Institute (meh).

I love the rap/rock combination going on.....from Jay-Z/Linkin Park to Rage Against the Machine (did they open for U2?), to the Gorillaz.....music is constantly changing.

Bono said in the MTV video vangard award acceptance speech that MTV has allowed Rock to rub up against Pop to rub up against R&B.....

Music....is music....is music........as Bob Marley said, "One good thing about music....when it hits you, you feel no pain!"

We may agree and disagree on many likes and dislikes of songs and artists.....but I trust U2's judgement in getting their opening acts.

I wish I could see Kanye open.

P.S. Cleveland part of my site will be finished soon.....just too busy.

COEXIST!

solacevip
:applaud: :rockon:

great music doesn't need to fit into a particualr genre - it just is great music

just went out today and bought the second Kanye West album :D

nurse chrissi said:
solacevip
:applaud: :rockon:

great music doesn't need to fit into a particualr genre - it just is great music

just went out today and bought the second Kanye West album :D

OMG I can't wait to hear if you like it!!! :hyper:

Touch The Sky=:drool: That song is so good. So is Roses and Heard 'Em Say. And and and Gone (no, not u2's, kanye's own Gone) It's a great CD, i'll leave it at that! :wink:

I am very disappointed I didn't get to see Kanye open. Just a month after my last U2 shows (vegas) he is opening for a very lucky crowd and I'm so jealous. He has so much energy and charisma. And the best part is, he doesn't pretend to be some hardcore gun-toting gangster to sell CD's. He raps about what he is, and who he is. A cocky son of a bitch ("I could be by myself and enjoy the company"-Where You At?), sometimes arrogant, that has political views and isn't afraid to express them (even though I'm a Republican and disagree with the Bush comment) You can tell Kanye puts alot of thought into his records, and it shows. He may turn alot of people off, but for pete's sake he wrote a song about his "Mama" How bad do you think the guy is? :lol: Does that cockyness and political expression remind us of any fly-shade wearing Rock-God? :yes:

I really hope no one boos Kanye. He makes some great music. People aren't into rap, and that's ok. I'm not into Country. But that doesn't mean I would hiss and yell at Toby Keith or somebody if they opened for U2. Just go stand in the hallway if you don't like Kayne, it's not like he's gonna say you hate black people. :wink:

Ladera Heights said:

Um, if you think that U2, a ridiculously popular, mainstream rock group of multi-millionaires is as left-wing as it gets, then it may be you that are the conservative :wink:

WildHoneyAlways said:

Yeah, but they don't have Kanye's moves. :drool:

She's right :combust:

WHA wait till I got some great shots of him last night!

Kanye was amazing and an absolutely incredible performer and I can't see how anyone could say otherwise!

Chizip said:

:up:

I'll second that. Kanye was a surprise to me. I really enjoyed his set. Lots of energy and he connected well with the crowd.

Back
Top Bottom