how was bono's voice yesterday??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't think his voice was bad...he didn't hit some of the high notes, but other than that, he sounded good.

Yeah, high notes were hard for him but his operatic voice during Miss Sarajevo was outstanding.

He sounded great in the Crumbs MP3 from yesterday, and his voice was in amazing shape during the Chicago shows. I would be very surprised to hear that he wasn't singing well yesterday. In my opinion, his voice is better now (on the third leg of a tour, no less) than it has been since ZooTV (and even then, I think he can sing some things better these days).

Check out the videos from Chicago... he sounds great in 'em all.

as the previous poster said, listen to Miss S. and then you might rethink whether his voice is in good shape--it's amazing. he's been hitting every note, including the high ones.

I was worried at first that he was having voice problems because the audience sang more of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For than he did, but he nailed Miss Sarajevo and Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own - as well as Crumbs, which he hadn't ever sung live before.

Acting Baby said:
I was worried when I heard him talk outside the target center before the show. He sounded very horse, but it he nailed most all the show. i was satisfied.

Likewise.

Someone asked him, and he said he had a cold. There were a few times when I felt like he might not have been on top of his game...but the Luciano part of Miss S. was AMAZING. I was really nervous he would not be able to pull it off with a head cold.

bsp77 said:
Yeah, high notes were hard for him but his operatic voice during Miss Sarajevo was outstanding.

Agreed. It was amazing. No one can question his ability to sing after hearing something like MS.
He made a great comment too. He said Pavarotti wasn't there "but he (Bono) had been putting on a little bit of weight."

Last edited:
The "Big" note in Crumbs,

"dignity passes BYYYYYYY,"

sounds awesome on the MP3. He hit's it and sounds like an opera singer. Long and powerful. And he ends it with a GREAT vibratto.

i don't know if there is audio yet, but you can look in the audio forum on interference...

^^^^
Um I would like to say yes that was me but unfortunately I missed them because I "spent too much time primping" myself before the show.
That's a quote from my Dubliner Hubby!
I had my sign ready and everything. Damn hair and makeup. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I am such a twit sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom