How much will this tour cost you?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So far for me...it only cost me $495 US dollars...three $165 tickets...but it's box seating...so it's even more worth it.

*Not including Merch + After-Concert gettogethers*

*Also not including Airfare and Hotel...since I live a couple of hundred miles^ from then United Center*

^Live in Hodgkins Illinois...United Center is in Chicago Illinois....but I know you know that. I think.

Last edited:
Already saw an LA show ... and seeing more shows in Chicago,
New York, and Philadelphia. Luckily, I have friends that live in these cities, so I won't have to dish out expenses for a hotel room, but will have to pay for air fare. Overall, I'll be spending around $2,500 ... since, I've also paid for some of my friends to come to the shows. Definitely was worth every penny !!

8 Shows so far. About $2000 in tickets and flights. I didnt intend to see so many shows so the airfairs were higher because I booked them so late. Plus a bunch on Atkins & South Beach bars. Im done now until the third leg.

No spoken words said:

"A section called Riverdale", I love it. I spent my Hs years in Riverdale, after school, playing stickball and basketball over at PS 24, my best friend used to live in the Century Building.

I'm from Woodlawn, my parents still live there. I'll be there in May, readying for the 3 NY-area shows.

I'm born and raised in the Bronx too - Northeast Bronx (Co-Op City mostly), moved from there after college so I haven't actually lived there in over 20 years...live in Brooklyn currently. :)

I'm spending about $1,000.00 this year to see U2 3 times. That includes travel and a few tickets for some friends. Not bad.

So far I have spent $220 for tickets/my room in Atlanta was $97/we will have to eat somewhere in Atlanta--probably our fave-Cheesecake Factory--that will be around $100. Gas from Knoxville, TN to Atlanta, GA $50. I will have to get a program & t-shirt--what $100? My face when I see U2 hit the stage---Priceless!! :yes:

I feel like a pansy compared to most of you. My overall spendings - as said earlier will probably total in at barely over $100.

I still don't have tickets, if I manage to get tickets for Dublin at face value (working on it) no more than $100, if I have to fly to Berlin or somewhere in Europe to see them, closer to $800 probably.

I wish I were older and had more money to spend on tickets. Unfortunately I am a poor college student racked with debt. :sad:

-Miggy D

$362 so far for two tickets for one show. Hopefully another $100 to pick up another ticket for Oak2. Plus food and gas that it will cost me to get there $250.

But the biggest price I will pay for the rest of the year is the huge ass favors I will have to do for Mr. Cat who is paying for all of it. :ohmy: :ohmy:

"And by now, each of you has given us 500 pounds!"

See, we're the real fans that spend our hard earned money to see the band....

We've been two three shows where the idiots near us have been given tickets and they don't even know which of the guys is Bono! jackasses....how the hell do they get these seats??????

BAW and I have spent nearly $2,500 - San Diego, Anaheim, LA, Toronto and Las Vegas + hotels (haven't included airfare to Canada...:yikes:)

MsMofoGone said:
Already saw an LA show ... and seeing more shows in Chicago,
New York, and Philadelphia. Luckily, I have friends that live in these cities, so I won't have to dish out expenses for a hotel room, but will have to pay for air fare. Overall, I'll be spending around $2,500 ... since, I've also paid for some of my friends to come to the shows. Definitely was worth every penny !!

Can I be your friend?

For me:

ticket: 50 bucks (GA)
airfare: 250 - Calgary to Vancouver
Dinner at "lumiere": 150
hotel: 50-75 - looking for a dive
Writing my corporate securities law exam 2 days later... - not sure about the 'cost' of this yet!
:wink:

two for chicago: $330
two for st louis: $110
gas to both shows: $100ish
total hotel costs: probably around $400

so right now i'm at about $1000. but i also plan to attend one or both oakland shows (don't have tickets yet), so i figure that'll be an extra $300 or so, including gas and whatnot. that's assuming i attend both shows and can't get those tickets for face. if i can, it'll be considerably less.

aaand then $50 for merchandise, probably.

overall i expect this to cost just under $1500, including food and stuff. eeeeeeh.

london

£130 on ticks (2 shows)

dublin:
£240 tix, flights and accom
+ an undefinied amount on guinness and bribing my way into Lillies Bordello

washington:
£340 tix and flights
accomodation is undetermined yet - some lovely interferencers have offered me a sofa i think but i might move about a bit too

and never mind all the otehr little costs like all the crap i'm likely to buy at each show adn the other costs involved in the travelling

so so far +- £700 (about $1500 i think)

better be worth it!

As measured in dollars:

Less than I'm willing to pay; more than I should pay; definitely more than my wife wants to pay.

As measured in everything else; much much less than it's worth it to me.

BWU2Buffs said:
As measured in dollars:

Less than I'm willing to pay; more than I should pay; definitely more than my wife wants to pay.

As measured in everything else; much much less than it's worth it to me.

So totally agree with this!!!! I want my wife to come to at least one show with me, so she can see what i see, but I'm scared if she isn't as blown away as I am, it will only add to her idea I'm wasting time *and* money.

She went to one Elevation show with me and liked it, but is a fan while I am more a devotee (she says groupie).

dream out loud,
Anu

Mr. BAW said:
"And by now, each of you has given us 500 pounds!"

See, we're the real fans that spend our hard earned money to see the band....

We've been two three shows where the idiots near us have been given tickets and they don't even know which of the guys is Bono! jackasses....how the hell do they get these seats??????

I laugh when I hear that...500 pounds this week :huh:
If they toured every 18 months and I went to 15 shows I'd would consider that crazy but since it is every 4 years I think I'm sane. My family doesn't agree.....

Manchester 1 ticket - £70
Manchester accomadation - £25
London 1 ticket - £96
London 2 ticket - £65
Return flight to Glasgow - £50
Hampden ticket - £60
Glasgow accomadation - £30
Flight to Dublin - £50
Dublin 1 ticket - £40
Dublin accomadation - £120
Cardiff ticket - £65

Seeing the best band in the world half a dozen times - Priceless.

I really don't want to even start thinking about the actual amount but I hope that Bono likes the new wing of his house in France :wink:

Back
Top Bottom