How many GA tix per show total?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sweetest_thing8

The Fly
Does anyone know how many GA tix are going to be sold for each show? I saw someone throwing around a number of 1500 but that seems a lot. I was in the heart several times last tour and there couldn't have been more than 200 of us in there. I know there was GA outside the heart as well but never looked to see how many. Where did that 1500 come from? Is it going to be segregated GA like last tour?
Thanks!!

:hyper:

Paul McGuinness stated that there are roughly 1800 GA tickets for each show, which he said were going to be sold to the public, as well as given away in radio station contests and things like that. If only 7-10% from each show were sold during the presale (even that figure may be too high), I still think at least 1000 per show will be sold in the public sale.

They allowed 300 people into the heart on the Elevation tour, with about another 1,500 outside the heart on the floor.

Doesnt sound realistic to me unless the GA area is a lot larger then the heart was for the Elevation Tour....By my estimates that held between 500-800 people maximum.

The heart held 300 people per show, which expanded to 3000 for the stadium sized stage used in Turin and Slane. The area beyond the inner confines of the heart was a much larger space, which when filled, extended back to the front of the mixing board/VIP stage. There still was plenty of room in the back of the arena floor to walk around, so 1800 is a very realistic amount for the entire floor.

We still can't rule out a "concert in the round" sort of thing.......but that seems rather unlikely considering that Ticketmaster was selling its tickets based on the stage being on one particular side of every venue.

Yes the entire floor wasnt really ever totally filled so thats why I think they must be expanding the GA area...although you wouldnt know it from the presale, but I did get very good seats.

Back
Top Bottom