How Are The Scalpers Getting Tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoCalMusicLover

The Fly
Given all the restrictions, and problems with the ticketBastard system, I don't understand how there are supposedly EBay sellers with 50-100 GA tickets. Now, I can understand how some people signed up under 2-3 memberships, and perhaps are making a small profit on a handful of tickets, but 50-100 does not seem realistic.

Are there really sellers out there with that many Great GA tickets for sale? What did they have that we didn't? I could not even get 2 GA tickets to go through all the way, and I was being pretty careful.

if you look at the sellers, they're all brokering agencies who are very skillled at getting what they want from ticketmaster-which just shows that this so-called "fan sale" has been a failure. they were nvere able to pull this with propaganda

considering only about a handful of us fan club members even got a GA ticket, it sucks, its wrong, and we need our $40 back. The bad part is we have to go through this all over again on Sat/Sun.

I never saw anything after all this time, 2+ hrs, except tickets in the very top, at the very back, of each arena I checked. That is hardly worth buying a fanclub membership.

These guys have the hookups and sugar that hookup. For example, I knew someone who worked at a ticketmaster outlet. This person told me she could start buying tickets about 15 minutes before they went on sale to the public. These brokers get to know these kind of people or even have there own working for ticketmaster. Just think a local broker gives a ticketmaster employee $1000 for $500 worth of tickets and sales that $500 worth of tickets for $5000. They are the scum of the entertainment industry and its pretty much impossible to get rid of them.

I went through a broker last tour (Elevation) and felt so dirty doing business with them. They charged $250-$400 for a $90 seat. But with ticketmaster and demand being so high it was the only choice I had.

SoCalMusicLover said:
Given all the restrictions, and problems with the ticketBastard system, I don't understand how there are supposedly EBay sellers with 50-100 GA tickets. Now, I can understand how some people signed up under 2-3 memberships, and perhaps are making a small profit on a handful of tickets, but 50-100 does not seem realistic.

Are there really sellers out there with that many Great GA tickets for sale? What did they have that we didn't? I could not even get 2 GA tickets to go through all the way, and I was being pretty careful.

Please read my other posts in the GA threads. Yes, I am sure there are some individual scalpers selling seats from the presale, but most of the tickets the real scalpers (aka the ticket agencies) have never went on sale. Now that Propaganda is gone, control over U2 tickets has fallen into the promoters' hands.

If you recall the last tour, it was difficult to find GA seats at a ticket agency. They didn't have them. As it was difficult to find floor tickets in the first ten rows for Zootv (especially for the arena tour). They didn't have any of those seats either. Why? Because U2 (via Propaganda) pulled them out of the "system" for fanclub members. The ticket agencies did not have the best seats for the hottest show of the year. This is generally unheard of. They always have the best seats in the house. Why? Because they never go on sale!!! They get them right from the source.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom