Houston Setlist Watch and Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do the Divinyls still get any radio play in Australia? I always liked Christina Amphlett's voice. They play at the US Festival on the same bill as U2 in 1983.

Setlist:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

-- Break --

Miroslava said:

:yes:

:lmao:

Totally nutty... there were diagrams and everything

so miroslava, what's the rest of the tour looking like for you? Are you hitting Buffalo?

got a link to those diagrams? I'd be interested in seeing them.

Re: !111

AtomicBono said:

NO T3H BEST GROOP IZ CODLPLAYCUZ KRIS MARTIN INVENTED PYANO!!11

JOO=RONG! N00B! COLDPLAY Just Wanbe YU-tWO! NE1 CAN NAME THERE BABI AFTER FRUIT! BANO 2 KEWL 4 DAT!!!!one!eleven!!!1

ACHTION BABI 4 LYF!

Halup said:
I met INXS last week at an instore they did for a new Virgin Megastore. Those guys seemed pretty cool. The new singer JD Fortune is a real nice guy. I ran into him again on Tuesday night after a concert here and he told me they had finsihed the album that day and he was flying back home to Toronto on Wednesday.

Don't let them fool you.

Tim Farriss is a bad dude, not because of anything musical... but he is the President of Manly Cricket Club. :mad:

I would have more respect for him if the lead Al Qeadua or a band that sold out and urinated on the grave of.....oh wait. :ohmy:

That is cool you met them though, did you have a chat with Andrew, does he still seem reasonably cool? :hmm:

Miroslava said:
Speaking of Adam...

The copy for the Vegas Adam signs was written earlier tonight... I shall report after the shows :shifty:

:hyper:

If I had GA and wound up next to you, I think I would just hold up a sign that says, "Hi, I'm new. And my sign is boring." :giggle:

But alas, I'm a seat person. Maybe next tour I will work up the courage to try GA :hmm:.

LOL eep, were team The Edge halfway across at the beginning of the clip there? Or had they just crossed? That looks like a freeway to me!

u2wedge said:

so miroslava, what's the rest of the tour looking like for you? Are you hitting Buffalo?

Nope...

Vegas I
Vegas II
Atlanta II
Cleveland

and my boss told me to go to Portland even though I dont have any vacation time left :heart:

So as soon as I straighten out my vegas situation, I am getting on the Portland case :hyper:

Halup said:
Do the Divinyls still get any radio play in Australia? I always liked Christina Amphlett's voice. They play at the US Festival on the same bill as U2 in 1983.

I Touch Myself gets the occassional run. Other than that, no not a great deal. :wink:

I have a great version with Rolf Harris singing that song. :lmao:

kellyahern said:

:hyper:

If I had GA and wound up next to you, I think I would just hold up a sign that says, "Hi, I'm new. And my sign is boring." :giggle:

But alas, I'm a seat person. Maybe next tour I will work up the courage to try GA :hmm:.

I still say come to St. Louis - you'll have a good time:D
(it will be my first time in GA too :shifty: )

timothius said:

Don't let them fool you.

Tim Farriss is a bad dude, not because of anything musical... but he is the President of Manly Cricket Club. :mad:

I would have more respect for him if the lead Al Qeadua or a band that sold out and urinated on the grave of.....oh wait. :ohmy:

That is cool you met them though, did you have a chat with Andrew, does he still seem reasonably cool? :hmm:

Tim is actually the one guy I did not really have contact with, other than in the group photo that each person got as they walked on the stage with INXS. As they came off the stage I got the other 4 to sign my Listen Like Thieves LP, but did not get Tim on it. Kirk seems to be genuinely the most friendly. I had Andrew sign, but the band was leaving then, so no real chance to converse with any of them.

Setlist:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
The Electric Co. / Send In The Clowns (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / In A Little While (snippet)
Beautiful Day / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

Encore:
The First Time

VintagePunk said:
On the second day, we had to be back in the line to stay by 5:30 pm. At 4:45 we made the looong trek to to bathroom across the street, and it took so long to get across that we didn't make it back till 5:25. We literally had to run across the road when I felt it was unsafe to do so, in order to make it back by 5:30. :|

Wow.
So sorry to hear that.
:hug:
But at least you made it back in time, right?

Back
Top Bottom