Houston Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Hey folks.

Have a wild guess what this thread's purpose is.

Enjoy. :wave:

bono_man2002 said:

Always living in the past its 9:41am!

Get with the times, it's 9:45am!

You're living in the past so much, you'd fit in well in Perth!

RavenBlue said:
Good evening/morning everyone!!

:wave:

So what's the deal with this streaming stuff.. can we actually hear the show?

I have no idea if we've got a source.

So I just had the most exciting 10 minutes of my recent past.

Bono came out to meet the people that were waiting, I guess it was a little past six. He came by and gave every person some time.

I was standing next to this guy that asked him as he was signing something to play Discoteque. Bono says on yeah we've played it once or twice, and I say (what I thought was very low) "just once" in a kind of disappointed tone, and he looks up and turns to me and says laughing "oh okay just once". I kind of looked at him stupidily and smiled. He then got to me and I asked him to sign my program from last weeks speech in Philly and he took it signed it, drew some glasses and then asked me my name and wrote it on it also.

Then the most important part, since we had been out there about 4 hours I had pretty much brainwashed a bunch of people around me about how great Fast Cars was, so as he's signing my thing I say to him very timidly and respectfully " can you please play Fast Cars tonight?" and he says to me wow you're the 3rd person on this line that has made that request, we might have to.

They probably won't play it but it still felt really good to ask him face to face.

I'll be going back to the venue in a little bit...but do you guys have s source, I can't stream tonight because I have a really great seat and I want to be able to jump, scream and sign at the top of my lungs, but if you need text messages let me know, ( I just left Lila a voice mail also)

ramblin rose said:

Bono came out to meet the people that were waiting, I guess it was a little past six. He came by and gave every person some time.

I was standing next to this guy that asked him as he was signing something to play Discoteque. Bono says on yeah we've played it once or twice, and I say (what I thought was very low) "just once" in a kind of disappointed tone, and he looks up and turns to me and says laughing "oh okay just once". I kind of looked at him stupidily and smiled. He then got to me and I asked him to sign my program from last weeks speech in Philly and he took it signed it, drew some glasses and then asked me my name and wrote it on it also.

Then the most important part, since we had been out there about 4 hours I had pretty much brainwashed a bunch of people around me about how great Fast Cars was, so as he's signing my thing I say to him very timidly and respectfully " can you please play Fast Cars tonight?" and he says to me wow you're the 3rd person on this line that has made that request, we might have to.

They probably won't play it but it still felt really good to ask him face to face.

:up: :bow:

*keeping pushing Discotheque too* :shifty: :wink:

and now I can finally stop feeling guilty about directing us to the wrong gate in San Diego :lol:

Yay Rosa!! :hyper:

And not that it matters, and I am surprised Axver hasnt said anything yet, but Discotheque has been played twice... Toronto IV and Chicago 9/20 :drool:

Rosa, awesome! I'm so happy for you--I knew you'd talk to him at some point, and if Fast Cars gets played we have you and the other 2 fans to thank :bow:

Enjoy the show!
ramblin rose said:

I'll be going back to the venue in a little bit...but do you guys have s source, I can't stream tonight because I have a really great seat and I want to be able to jump, scream and sign at the top of my lungs, but if you need text messages let me know, ( I just left Lila a voice mail also)

Man, it was awesome, he is such a nice guy. Edge also came out but it was very brief, in fact as Edge was walking in one direction down the line and Bono the other they finally met and looked at each other and said "oh hi" it was really funny.

And then Adam came out and signed and talked to everyone, I just said "thanks for everything" and he said to me "no thank you for everything":wink:

God it was such a great moment for me.

Miroslava said:
Yay Rosa!! :hyper:

And not that it matters, and I am surprised Axver hasnt said anything yet, but Discotheque has been played twice... Toronto IV and Chicago 9/20 :drool:

You beat me to it. :wink:

They really, really, really, really need to play that amazing version of Discotheque again. :drool:

People meeting any members of the band really need to take advantage of the opportunity to tell them how much everyone's loving setlist diversity and that we'd love to see songs like Discotheque, Fast Cars, Mofo, Daddy's Gonna Pay, The Fly, Gloria, etc. in the set more regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom