Head on view of the Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

two shots

Acrobat
With the tour now underway - I wondered whether any one who has been to a concert can help me. I have tickets for one Show in the UK, and my tickets are seated (I have to work that day...), slightly elevated, but dead on opposite the stage. (Side note: I only bought two tickets, should have gone for more, to see more than one concert... if someone has one spare GA for London, well that would be a treat! But I am glad to make one show.)

Anyway: We don't know what the show looks like in Europe yet, but can someone let me know what the experience is like looking over the floor onto the stage? Maybe post a pic or something?

Gosh I can' wait til June!

Thanks, everyone

please forgive my bad photography :reject:

22fdf5de.jpg

f793ce65.jpg

da22ae7b.jpg

kellyahern: Thanks Soooooo much!!! So I am not imagining me slightyl higher than that in a stadium... should still be good. Thing is, I saw Popmart from Edges Side, Elevation from Adams Side, so it should be interesting to have a head on view. Still have not done the Ga experience. But maybe there might be some last minute opportunities and U2 madness.

kellyahern said:

I had seats in the lower level all the way back.

Also, keep in mind that these were taken with a zoom (the picture of Edge is probably the most accurate view).

Thanks for those! I've got similar seats for the Air Canada Centre, directly opposite the stage. They're in row 5, though, so it's a little further back than what you probably were. If I'm able to see the band about as close as you saw Edge there, it'll be no problem. How was the atmosphere of the crowd back there?

GibsonGirl said:

Thanks for those! I've got similar seats for the Air Canada Centre, directly opposite the stage. They're in row 5, though, so it's a little further back than what you probably were. If I'm able to see the band about as close as you saw Edge there, it'll be no problem. How was the atmosphere of the crowd back there?

It was the first two shows, so the atmosphere was great! Everyone stood :). I don't know if it would be different later in the leg, but I've only been to one other show (Elevation Tampa) and most everyone stood for that one too :up:

Here's a couple more...I took these at San Jose 1:

SanJose1-1.jpg

SanJose1-2cameraphone.jpg

And remember this is in an arena, stadium is likely to be a bit farther away.

I can start to imagine what is gonna look like. Hopefully that stadium stage will be slightly larger, and it will have an interesting backdrop. Thanks very much for posting!

I had straight view seats for an Elevation show and I enjoyed them very much. You could see everything and I think this tour would benifit from sitting directly in front of the stage because of the production. You should be good to go.

I have tickets for tonight's show in a similar location. Last night I was up on Adam's side. I think the straight-on view will be cool tonight.

Thanks for all this.

Just managed to score a ticket for the last show in boston as well, happened to be coming in on that day on a trip, rummaged around ebay, and it worked!! This time up behind stage to Adams side - but, hey, being in the Boston show, should be amazing. So doing on in a hall in the US (and on top of that in Boston), and one face on in a stadium in the UK, that more than I could ask for.

kawai17 said:
Does the soundboard obstruct any part of the view if your sitting in seats directly across the stage?

In San Diego, they roped off the seats that would have had the view blocked, so no one sat there (those were a couple of rows that were very low, I think the seats above them and to the side were fine).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom