General sale Saturday: Should I try if I failed in presale effort for tix? Or.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckle

Acrobat
Well, after three solid days of bitterly ranting about the presale debacle (which left me ticketless for Philadelphia), the general ticket sale is now upon us.

Question: If I failed to get presale tickets (sold out, but I still have my code#), should I wait in line at the Wachovia Center for general sale tickets? Will this in any way invalidate my code for future shows? Should I wait to see if more shows are added for this leg (and hope I can use my presale code then)? Will no more shows be added for Philly on this leg...only in the Fall/3rd leg?

This is maddening. Even so, I can't believe I'm talking about waiting in line for tickets after all of this. Somebody please smack me, hard!

I think they are going to add May 13th as a second Philly show. They hinted to rollover dates on the first leg and they also admitted in that new post at U2.com that Wachovia tickets went like crazy. There is some other event on May 15th, so I'm guessing the 13th will be a U2 show.

As far as trying on Saturday, go for it. What harm is there in trying? And I say that as a person competing against you for Philly tickets. It won't invalidate your code.

As long as you don't use your code you should be fine. So get tickets if you can from the general sale and with any luck maybe you can get GA tix and then have the opportunity to get another set for a different venue.

In no way does buying tickets in any general sale invalidate your code. You can buy all the general sale tickets you want to as many shows as you want. The code was simply for the presale to buy earlier than the general public.

Personally, I am buying this Saturday even though I bought tickets through the presale. My presale tickets are horrible (screwed by error messages for an hour and a half). I only bought them out of fear of not getting anything at all. If I end up with good seats from the general sale I will sell my presale to some kind Interferencer for what I paid for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom