Funniest comment that Bono made at your concert(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
whats the funniest comment Bono has said during your show?

Miami 11-14

"I can understand why they call this the American Airlines Arena...it sounds like a f*cking 747 in here"

"This is 40 ........ oh, sorry. This is Bad! .... This is a 40-minute version of Bad!"

NYC 10/10/2005

This is not from a show I was at but still it is the funniest comment he has ever said "You give this peolpe freedom and then they come and kick your ass" (1992-06-15)

I loved (and laughed) each time B said, at the intro of Miss Sarajevo regarding Pavarotti -

"He's not here but I've put on some weight so..."

tbird said:
I loved (and laughed) each time B said, at the intro of Miss Sarajevo regarding Pavarotti -

"He's not here but I've put on some weight so..."

He said he was eating at Marios alot ....wheres Marios or did he just make that up???:huh: :giggle:

In Minneapolis...

Bono: How many of you have been to Ireland?

<crowd cheers>

Bono: You're all liars!

Funniest moment for me was leg 1, boston 3: i was front row in the ellipse and during UTEOTW Bono took a feathered boa off a girl next to me, put it around his neck, threw it over his shoulder and sang the line "you know I love the element of surprise" with a HUGE lisp. If anyone has the bootleg, you can hear it on it. :)

JCOSTER said:

He said he was eating at Marios alot ....wheres Marios or did he just make that up???:huh: :giggle:

Mario Batali's place(s)... either Babbo or Del Posto. Last November before the last NY shows there were some photos of them togeher... of all of them Otto is my favorite and happens to be the least expensive - 8th St & Fifth NYC

In Buffalo on the third leg Vertigo tour during "Gloria", he said, "1982. Where are the Flock of Seagulls now?"

innominata8 said:
Funniest moment for me was leg 1, boston 3: i was front row in the ellipse and during UTEOTW Bono took a feathered boa off a girl next to me, put it around his neck, threw it over his shoulder and sang the line "you know I love the element of surprise" with a HUGE lisp. If anyone has the bootleg, you can hear it on it. :)

Wow, what a bigot... get with the times Bono... isn't it you that said "Coexist"?

Ik ben in mijn onderbroek gekomen.

(means: I came here in my underwear)

Rotterdam 18-07-1997

Elevation tour in Sacramento during Stuck in a Moment:

"there's nothing you can throw at me......"

fan throws photo clipped to a sharpie at him

".......that I haven't already signed"

doesn't even miss a beat. then signs it and throws it back.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Wow, what a bigot... get with the times Bono... isn't it you that said "Coexist"?

well, in the context in which it happened, there was nothing malicious about it. i thought it was funny as hell...and i'm a gay man.

innominata8 said:

well, in the context in which it happened, there was nothing malicious about it. i thought it was funny as hell...and i'm a gay man.

Yeah, because we all know all gay people have lisps and wear feathered boas. Talk about promulgating stereotypes...

tryan101 said:
Elevation tour in Sacramento during Stuck in a Moment:

"there's nothing you can throw at me......"

fan throws photo clipped to a sharpie at him

".......that I haven't already signed"

doesn't even miss a beat. then signs it and throws it back.

hahaha, i was there and remember that!

It's great on the Buenos Aires DVD when he talks where we could find the "Coexist" sign... During that speech, he almost falls over the stair and he smiles and says: "...and in bars of Dublin also."

Love that part!

djerdap said:
It's great on the Buenos Aires DVD when he talks where we could find the "Coexist" sign... During that speech, he almost falls over the stair and he smiles and says: "...and in bars of Dublin also."

Love that part!

Is he promulgating the stereotype that Irish people are drunks (and trip over stairs at pubs)? I can't believe this.

At the elevation show in detroit he called out for " Ohio! ohio!" at the end of Walk On....

We were right in front of the heart and could see the look on his face like, " oops... haha.."

Then In Detroit for Vertigo...the second night I think, he was talking about Rosa Parks and says " Rosa MARKS" Instead...

Silly Bono ;) haha...

Love the guy forever though....Always forever now//

macfesto said:
At the elevation show in detroit he called out for " Ohio! ohio!" at the end of Walk On....

We were right in front of the heart and could see the look on his face like, " oops... haha.."

If someone knows what is meant by the above, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom