Figured Out Why There's A Lack Of GA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BigMacPhisto

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
The Boston GA Floor seats supposedly sold out in ten seconds according to one fan here........and I just realized what the problem is....

U2 reserved 10% of the tickets for us......but the 10% isn't entirely floor seats. I bet over half are probably the expensive seats......sure, that's giving fans options, but most of us who signed up for the website did so thinking we would have a good shot at GA, and now it looks like a lot of the floor tickets probably won't be on sale until this weekend's general public sale.......:madspit:

Honestly, considering that the hardcore fans are nearly everyone that signed up for the website's fan club, they should be offering EVERY GA Floor seat to us on this presale.

This whole thing was a big joke, which I figured it might be but I bit the bullet for $20, and of course got no shot at GA.
Settled for Loge 20, side stage , since they were the $95 seats, made sure I had highest seat #s alng aisle to loge 21.

i paid $40 for metal keychain, no GA's and i refure to pay $165 for a loge or $120 for nosebleeds.

ckonanz said:
I agree with you. I was in 10:03 and no GA left in Boston

I refreshed at 10am, nothing. Refreshed again within a couple of seconds, there it was. Tried for GA.

NO-FUCKING-THING.

I'm still trying, I don't know why. I'm fucking devastated. I can't pay more than the $50 as I'm not using my credit card but someone else's.

To the general public sale I go ... what a waste of $40 on U2.com.

It's funny how there's a ton of GA Floor seats already available on eBay.........ugh....the scalpers HAD to have been working at Ticketmaster.......and considering that the presale probably only had a few hundred GA floor seats for sale, if that, that's why barely anyone here has got them.

And aren't U2 offering nosebleed seats through the presale? Wouldn't it be logical to give us GA floor seats since they're the same price? Or even give more of the good expensive seats rather than nosebleeds? Just ridiculous.

No GA for me either. I wonder if there were any GA tickets on sale. They must have sold them all to other companies and now we have to pay four times the price to get them. What's the point of selling inexpensive tickets if the public can't get them?

OMG! This is DISGUSTING!

If you go on eBay, WEST COAST floor seats are on sale! WTF!

And I became a member of that horrible website just to get these tickets. I regret it now. U2.com doesn't deserve my $40.

I got right through at 10 on the dot-put in for GA got nothing.
I tried three more times-nothing

4th try I put in best available just to get something and got GA

(This was for 5/26 in Boston)

seconds is correct for the chicago GAs being gone. My computer clock hadn't even changed to 11:01 yet and TM came back and said no GAs available.

And I became a member of that horrible website just to get these tickets. I regret it now. U2.com doesn't deserve my $40.

editorinchief said:
I got right through at 10 on the dot-put in for GA got nothing.
I tried three more times-nothing

4th try I put in best available just to get something and got GA

(This was for 5/26 in Boston)

Congrats to you, but I gave up when there were no GAs available for 5/24 the moment they went on sale (and I mean 10:00am). I rejected the mediocre gold circle (although I strongly prefer GA I would be willing to pay $165 if they were genuinely good seats (i.e., in the first 3 sections on each side of the stage, not the other side of the arena)).

Maybe the tossed a few GA bones back in when people started complaining. It seems as though the peopel getting GAs for Boston did not get them right away.

BRING BACK PROPAGANDA

this is a disgrace..

pls bring back Propaganda where we all were GUARANTEED tickets for TWO of four shows we chose from..

on the Elevation Tour I had no problems

the band and their management need to fix this and should be ashamed of themselves for screwing the most loyal of fans.. who paid the $40 and can't even get GA tickets for one show

very discouraging.

I went to the page to buy tickets right before 10:00 and was told, correctly, they weren't yet available. I refreshed, and was presented with the form. I had to have been one of the first through. There were no GA's....

This thing is a sham. I plan to write a letter - not demanding my money back, but demanding that my money be donated to a charity instead. Oh, and I'll tell them where they can cram their keychain....

I joined for $20 and my Girlfriend joined for the full $40. $60 isn't a ton of money to us, but there are far better things we could do with that.

Derek said:
I went to the page to buy tickets right before 10:00 and was told, correctly, they weren't yet available. I refreshed, and was presented with the form. I had to have been one of the first through. There were no GA's....

This thing is a sham. I plan to write a letter - not demanding my money back, but demanding that my money be donated to a charity instead. Oh, and I'll tell them where they can cram their keychain....

I joined for $20 and my Girlfriend joined for the full $40. $60 isn't a ton of money to us, but there are far better things we could do with that.

I'm inclined to agree. I don't care so much about the money--it's not that much to me. What bothers me is the principle of the matter. They took $40 from me under the pretext that I would have a fair shot at tickets. The best tickets like we got with Prop.
Ten seconds after the sale started Chicago and Boston GA seats were gone. Ten seconds. You've got to be kidding me.

And spare me the nonsense about the "original content" available on U2.com. We all know that it's recycled crap.
I haven't even been on U2.com for months and I suspect that's true of most of us.
As for the key fob and the membership card--well, whoever is responsible for this can shove them where the sun don't shine.
Assuming they are ever going to send them to me anyway--which I doubt.
It's a scam--pure and simple. Heck, U2.com is still encouraging people to became Premium members on their homepage in order to get tickets to the 2005 tour. Isn't that a wee bit dishonest? It's too late at this point.

and if you do go to U2.com, just try posting on the boards, and the boards have been that way for years. For a long time, you would write a post and it wouldn't exist, it just zapped. Now lately nothing posts again, and people are having to stay in one thread, it's hardly worth it, we all just go here instead. Is it true Adam's brother runs that web site? Maybe a professional web developer would be a start. Actually, they should hire the experts from this site, it would all work wonderful.

Stay tuned to hear how it all fairs for the West Coast tickets. It's obvious they haven't released enough for all the subscribers, so San Diego may be a boondoggle.

Ticketmaster has always had bad presales. I have had much more luck with good tickets in general sales. I mean, think of it this way. Say there are 1000-2000 MAX GAs for a floor show. That's only 100-200 GAs available in the presale. Take away from that radio contest winners etc., and you have a very small pool of GAs to work with. Having said that, I will be trying in one hour for GAs on the West Coast.

*edit

Ebay already lists GA floors for sale for San Diego, Anaheim, and LA.

How did those *&(*&(*($# get those tix so soon?

Last edited:
Yeah, I posted that on the first page........there's a billion scalpers on eBay that already have GA Floor Tickets.......WHAT THE FUCK?

BigMacPhisto said:
The Boston GA Floor seats supposedly sold out in ten seconds according to one fan here........and I just realized what the problem is....

U2 reserved 10% of the tickets for us......but the 10% isn't entirely floor seats. I bet over half are probably the expensive seats......

An average stadium holds 20,000 seats, and 10% is 2,000 which is pretty good for a presale... but there are usually about 2-3,000 GA tickets, so what is the percentage of GA tickets they released??

I know personally 7 people trying for Boston GAs, which is a potential of 14 GA tickets. And only one ticket was obtained. That's 1 in 14. I have a feeling the odds are worse than that, though.

Matthew_Page2000 said:

I'm inclined to agree. I don't care so much about the money--it's not that much to me. What bothers me is the principle of the matter. They took $40 from me under the pretext that I would have a fair shot at tickets. The best tickets like we got with Prop.
Ten seconds after the sale started Chicago and Boston GA seats were gone. Ten seconds. You've got to be kidding me.

BINGO!!!!! :up: :yes: This is what pisses me off too.

Back
Top Bottom