"Exit" Gets Front Page LA Times Rave Article

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Partyslammer

War Child
I dunno if this is the right forum for this, so if it needs to be moved, so be it.

Anyway, in today's LA Times, there's a long, glowing front page article about "Exit" in the Calendar section. It goes into the girls one song stint on stage 11/1/05 and what the band's all about. Really impressive article and sure to increase the band's visibility here in Southern California.

Despite some people's opinion that they blew it not playing one of their own songs, they seemed to have really grabbed the music industry's attention as several major record labels have contacted them due to what industry reps saw that night. Turns out that there was a *lot* of industry reps at the show and according to the article, reps were text messaging each other asking "who's that band?!?" before U2 had even finished their set.

I can tell you that based on the article, they are at least for now, the talk of the LA music industry. Good for them.

T.B.

Performing on stage at a U2 concert must be some of the best possible exposure you can get. Hopefully this will mean good things for them :up:

20303030.jpg

Susan Hamilton, left, Courtney Lavender, Pam Bluestein and Trevi Fligg enjoyed the gig.

here is a direct link to the article:

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/c...story?coll=la-home-headlines&track=hppromobox

I'm thrilled for them. It couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of women.

Last edited:
I feel really out of it. Who are they? And why do we care? Somebody fill me in please. Also, I don't understand what happened at the concert.:eyebrow:

Okay so I read the article and get it more now. Are they Interferencers?

Last edited:
they were in a U2 cover band (all women) and are from CA. Now they write their own material. I met them at the opener in San Diego and saw them and got to know them at lots of shows on the first leg and in Europe. They are a wonderful group of women, and from what I hear, really talented. Courtney played onstage with the band in LA during Elevation, and then Courtney and Pam got on stage at Dublin 3 to hold a ONE campaign banner.

I'm so, so happy for them!

Susan Hamilton, the guitarist, was interviewed tonight on CBC Radio's As it Happens which is a long running news/info show. Mary Lou Finlay interviewed "Affa" aka Susan about the experience and how they have received some interest from record executives. Mary Lou sounded perplexed as Affa explained how they were outside the front of the ellipse. It was a great interview as she explained how U2 were their heroes and Bono said to Edge " they're good".

Before the interview, the preview to the piece at the beginning of the show was " I guess they found what they were looking for, Bono helps girl band find stardom" and then "Stay tuned for radio with an Edge"

:applaud:

Girl bands:drool:

should be an interesting story to follow...

They're like an instant American Idol finalist... let's see if they can ride the wave.

and that article had some inaccuracies...

the sign read 'the girls play rock and roll', not 'the girls play really well'....

They also played at the Hard Rock Cafe for the U2 weekend opening at the R&RHOF and at the opening.

They were great and very nice.

My hubby loves his Exit t-shirt signed by the band.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom