eBay tickets question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Liesje

Blue Crack Addict
I'm still desperately looking for Cleveland seats. I noticed the posts on eBay are really starting to increase. So, how does it work if you wait until pretty much the week of the show to get the ticket? I mean, this one person is selling tickets that have a 7-day listing (just started) and then 2-3 days shipping after payment...isn't that cutting it pretty damn close? Well, not to mention this particular auction is a rip-off, $699 for section 206...whatever. Anyway, please offer advice for buying tickets last minute!

Ask around in the appropriate U2 forums on the web or maybe find a Cleveland newspaper online and look at their ticket classifieds.

tbird said:
did you try stubhub.com

StubHub, TotalTickets, GoldCoast, etc all have the same things. Nothing for less than $200 each really, and those are shitty upper levels. I'm still in mourning over an auction I was watching. Two on sec 111 went for only $355 total! That's like face value. I was watching, and then the auction ended early. :(

So say I watch eBay until prices start to really drop....how do you get the tickets on time?

Best bet would be to contact the seller & either arrange for next-day shipping or try to coerce him/her into ending the auction early for your attractive price.... :eyebrow:

Ticketfast tickets are sent via email in a PDF file, you just print them out and you're good to go. "Hard" tickets can be sent via overnight service for around $15 so that's not really a problem either. My advice is to buy tickets off of eBay about a week to ten days in advance. If you wait until the last couple of days you'll be competing with everyone else who waited until the last minute, who let good seats go too, looking for a good deal. If you find seats you like closing in the next day or so definitely bid on them, don’t wait. Who needs the stress anyway.

I got two tickets to Boston two days before the show for FIFTY DOLLARS. Wait until the last minute, then it's usually people who all of a sudden can't go and not scalpers (from my experience). But you also might not get tickets. I'm trying for Boston again this weekend. (win tickets Saturday/Friday morning, have them shipped overnight for Monday/Sunday)

Do not use the Ticket search feature, I just did and it listed just 38 auctions for Cleveland U2 tickets. Instead, type U2 Cleveland in the search box on the main page. Doing that, 116 auctions were listed.

I bought tickets off of eBay four days before my concert. The tickets were sent by UPS the next day, and I received them the day before the concert. It was a little hair-raising!

The prices tended to go up the closer it got to the concert. I ended up in the upper level for $200. Also, I would make sure the seller has some feedback. Some sellers are willing to meet to give you the tickets, but I would see about paying them at the same time. Also, some leave the tickets at Will Call.

I got a ticket off Ebay. Bought it the day before the show and met the person face to face. I was really lucky with the price. Dont put in your bid until the last minute literally. The more people bet days ahead the faster and the higher the prices go up.

Back
Top Bottom