Dublin Curfew?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brwh1

The Fly
anyone know if its as crappy as the English one?
its far too bright in dublin at the moment. until 11pm!

bono_man2002 said:
Its U2's home town, should be no curfew :)

LOL They should exercise that "Freedom of Dublin" title they were awarded and change the laws for 24 hours :wink:

yeah anyone know what time they will be going on stage? i hope its 9pm and not 8.30 like we had in UK! and they do have the rights to the city so they should be able to go one when they bloody want too!

If U2 want to go on stage at 1am in Dublin, I think they have the right to go on stage at 1am in Dublin.

Then again, I think they should have that right anywhere.

I believe the curfew is at 10:30 too :(

I remember Willy discussing it in the diary that the curfew in Ireland and UK was 10:30 :(

This is going to be crap for the lights and screens as it will be far too bright until almost the end...

The city of Boston let U2 break the 11 curfew last May for the last show. Dublin will probably let U2 break it.

SMB

nope curfew will be 11:00 unfortunately! Ireland has very strict rules on this and all licences are granted subject to a number of conditions and the curfew is one of them. It is a residential area and the residents are causing enough trouble and will object to any breaking of the conditions. There is a fine for each minute they go over the curfew and its the promoter that gets charged and not the band and it may come against them when looking for licenses for future gigs.

They will be offstage by 11:00 - gauranteed which is crap but thats the crap planning laws in Irelaand - home town band or not :-(

I'm sure they could start a 40 minute version of Bad -> '40' at 11pm...just to piss off the neighbours.

Haha, this reminds me of the Chicago Zoo TV Bootleg, they got a complaint from a near by resident she had written in about the sound being to loud, but she kept her window open...."So this is for Mrs. Chaka-Boom Chaka-Boom" Bono says to the crowd.
That is followed by one loud version of When Love Comes To Town.

Saw that the MCD license comes with a 2,500 Euro fine for every 15 minutes that U2 go over the 10:30pm curfew. So who knows. GArth Brooks knowingly went over the curfew and told the crowd he'd pay the fines!

so if they over-run by 1 hour, thats 10,000 euro, or about 20euro cents per punter.

I will hep organise a whip- around

residents groups in ireland have too much power these days.
they are all getting free tickets to the concerts!!! and some are selling them i'm sure.
are you sure its 11pm? thats an improvement on 10.30 at least.
but because of geography and time zones etc, at this time of yeay dublin has longer evenings than uk by several minutes so it won't make much difference.
slane, zoo tv and pop was great cos it was dark by 9pm in late august.
i'm sure the spanish and italian residents wont care when u2 play past midnight! barcelona will be one of the great gigs to see this tour. nou camp is fab, people are up for it, pitch dark and late nights. the city then doesn't shut down at 2am like ireland and uk.

brwh1 said:
residents groups in ireland have too much power these days.
they are all getting free tickets to the concerts!!! and some are selling them i'm sure.

They can't sell them because they have to show photo ID and a utility bill with their address to get in with the residents' tickets.

11pm curfew is good! i been to 3 UK shows and its 10.30 so it will be an improvement there!

andyuk said:
11pm curfew is good! i been to 3 UK shows and its 10.30 so it will be an improvement there!

Official curfew may be 10.30 but they didn't go on until nearly 8.50 in Glasgow last night, and the show finished about 11.

well all my tickets in UK have stated show starts at 5.30 but my dublin tickets say show starts at 6pm which leads me to beleive they will come on nearer 9pm

Smidge said:

Official curfew may be 10.30 but they didn't go on until nearly 8.50 in Glasgow last night, and the show finished about 11.

Yeah, last train was 11.29 too! I had no idea I could jog so far and so fast...I'm really quite impressed about that :wink:

Just made that curfew by seconds I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom