Does this change anything

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2gator

The Fly
I just listened to portions of last nights Pearl Jam show and I wonder (and hope somewhat) that by being there U2 were reminded of how great a true rock n roll show is. That was them once and maybe they decide to bring those elements back to the rest of the tour and by that I mean just come out and play and let go of the set lists that were decided months ago. U2 are the best band in the world and I am proud to be one of their fans but I am also a proud PJ fan and at times I am more impressed with their abilities to just come out and be a rock n roll band on a simple stage and to just have a good time mixing in different songs every night. I won't even get into a discussion about how PJ takes care of their fan club members

I also hope that over drinks the PJ boys talked to U2 about how simple it is for them to have their shows available for download right after they get off the stage. Not only have they released copies of almost every show they have played over the past 3 years but they are also thinking about releasing some classic shows from days gone by. It would be incredible if U2 would open up and share some shows with their fans.

U2 are the best band in the world and they taught bands like Pearl Jam to be who they are but sometimes the teacher can learn a thing or two from their pupil as well.

See you all in New York in 2.5 weeks !!

u2gator

PS. Still loooking for 2 tix to 10/7 show.

I love your insight! But, I don't think there will be any significant changes.
The Vertigo tour is already formatted for the stage. Lights and all. Also, the setlist has some portions that won't be altered (although I'd love to see it).

I think Chicago 1 won't have anything new as Bono was in Toronto last night and there was no Chicago soundcheck. We shall see.

Nice thought, we be really cool if it happened. The answer though is it doesn't change U2, and won't change their philosophy or set. I love PJ, and U2, but U2 is still the better live band even with the static setlist. I think U2 builds a much more emotional, cohesive show. PJ shows are great (I have seen them 10 times), but its just not as huge of an event. Its more of a straight ahead rock show, but doesn't build like a U2 show. That said I would like to see U2 do the PJ thing (Stripped stage, with random setlist). It would great to see the comparison, but this is all just a dream- it won't happen with U2.

jphelmet said:
I think U2 builds a much more emotional, cohesive show. PJ shows are great (I have seen them 10 times), but its just not as huge of an event.

You saw the wrong 10 shows.

Last night was easily among the best shows I have seen EVER.

but U2 in ireland is pretty un-comparable to anyone imo :), to be honest never really been into PJ, no idea why

u2gator said:
I just listened to portions of last nights Pearl Jam show and I wonder (and hope somewhat) that by being there U2 were reminded of how great a true rock n roll show is. That was them once and maybe they decide to bring those elements back to the rest of the tour and by that I mean just come out and play and let go of the set lists that were decided months ago. U2 are the best band in the world and I am proud to be one of their fans but I am also a proud PJ fan and at times I am more impressed with their abilities to just come out and be a rock n roll band on a simple stage and to just have a good time mixing in different songs every night. I won't even get into a discussion about how PJ takes care of their fan club members

I also hope that over drinks the PJ boys talked to U2 about how simple it is for them to have their shows available for download right after they get off the stage. Not only have they released copies of almost every show they have played over the past 3 years but they are also thinking about releasing some classic shows from days gone by. It would be incredible if U2 would open up and share some shows with their fans.

U2 are the best band in the world and they taught bands like Pearl Jam to be who they are but sometimes the teacher can learn a thing or two from their pupil as well.

See you all in New York in 2.5 weeks !!

u2gator

PS. Still loooking for 2 tix to 10/7 show.

very well said

Back
Top Bottom