Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, I'm only on page 10, and there is some seriously funny shit here that I desperately want to respond to, but I know it'd be pointless now. Why, oh why did I have to miss this??
*shaking fist at the sky*

:reject: I forgot about this thread again ... I was working on Axver's Ultimate U2 Tour ... :reject:

Axver said:
:reject: I forgot about this thread again ... I was working on Axver's Ultimate U2 Tour ... :reject:

I'm just rambling to make up for my missing it tonight. No biggie. However, I've quoted you more than once, so if you're an egomaniac who likes that sort of thing, you might want to stay tuned. :wink: :lol:

Trust me, when you find something as odd as setlists interesting and know that most people think you're a bloody dolt, you need an ego boost. :wink: :wink:

I don't think I've confessed the full alarming nature of Axver's Ultimate U2 Tour on this forum.

Wait, yes I have.

Over 250 shows, each with a unique setlist. I spent almost all of 2005 in New Zealand. And yes, I have real venues for every location.

:reject:

ericnurgles: Pride needs to go bye-bye.

Can see this in a sense... somewhat overplayed...but...I was a huge fan in the early 90's...faded out somewhat in the latter 90's ( and I currently think Pop is brilliant, btw...ahead of it's time, if anything)...but the common thread through all of this is that Pride never failed to give me chills every time I heard it...from the 80's thru till now. Overplayed or not, how can it be left out??

Axver said:
I don't think I've confessed the full alarming nature of Axver's Ultimate U2 Tour on this forum.

Wait, yes I have.

Over 250 shows, each with a unique setlist. I spent almost all of 2005 in New Zealand. And yes, I have real venues for every location.

Is this featured on any of your urls? :eyebrow:

I'm almost envious of those who can proclaim favourites. I've read the threads, and tried to take part in them...most recently, the thread last night about picking your ultimate album. I just can't.

I love all eras uniquely. Favourites vasly depends on my mood. One day my favourite will be AB...the next day JT...the next day Pop...then Boy. Actually, I think the truth is, it can vary minute-by-minute.

And that's what I'm most grateful for. Their catalogue features music that will suit any mood of mine - literally.

VintagePunk said:

I'm almost envious of those who can proclaim favourites. I've read the threads, and tried to take part in them...most recently, the thread last night about picking your ultimate album. I just can't.

I love all eras uniquely. Favourites vasly depends on my mood. One day my favourite will be AB...the next day JT...the next day Pop...then Boy. Actually, I think the truth is, it can vary minute-by-minute.

And that's what I'm most grateful for. Their catalogue features music that will suit any mood of mine - literally.

It's the same way with me...I like all of U2's albums.

VintagePunk said:

Unfortunately not. I'm running it on a private database so that I can get stats, but I don't know if I can or will take it public. Even if I covered it with disclaimers that "THIS IS FAKE!", some nincompoop will think they seriously played all of Passengers at the Sydney Opera House.

I find that for the vast majority of albums, when I'm listening to it, I wouldn't want to be listening to anything else. But I definitely am totally biased towards the eighties. Sometimes I suspect that if I had been 20 years older, I would've been quite put off by nineties U2. I do love the nineties music, but ... I'm still cursing that I wasn't born until 1987!

neutral said:

OMG, we must totally institute a drinking game for the shows. Westport, you're in charge.
YES. :hyper:

Shit....I must have passed out. What did I miss? How was the show?

After the opening, after all of those initial "Everyone"...I was drunk out of my mind from all of those shooters. Great game, you must all join me next time.:wink:

Last edited:
Axver: Because a LOT of people love those songs. Because the band like playing them. Because they get a better reaction than, say, An Cat Dubh.

:mad: :mad: Not to you, Axver...you're only the messenger...that's to the "fans" who don't like it this leg, thus decreasing my chances of seeing it 3rd leg. :|

Westport said:

Shit....I must have passed out. What did I miss? How was the show?

After the opening, after all of those initial "Everyone"...I was drunk out of my mind from all of those shooters.

Dude, you've got work to do. A u2 setlist drinking game, please? :D

Back
Top Bottom