Damien Marley was on Extreme Makeover Home Edition tonight...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
had a chuckle thinking about the Flag Guy in Pittsburgh... didn't see him on the show tonight though...oh well.

I saw that tonight...too bad no flag guy, I didn't go to any of the shows he opened and I wanted to experience him. Did you know that, out in the street, they call it M U R D E R... :wink:

That's too funny, because I immediately wondered where the flag guy was, too. :giggle: Damien Marley's band stayed at my hotel in Philly, and I kept running into the flag guy.

I'm really glad I got to see Damien Marley. Out of the three openers I saw, he was definitely my favorite.

Yeah, Damien Marley was a great opener, I miss them...

U2 should get a Flag Man, too.

Someone just walking around the Ellipse, waving a giant white flag, with U2 in big red letters in the middle.

Any volunteers?

On a related note I got to interview The Wailers for our school paper (Mississippi State University) since they were playing a free show here. It was pretty cool.

But things got even cooler when, about 2 hours before the show, they called me back looking to score some you-know-what! That was so surreal This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hello? (I was groggy because I had JUST gotten up from a nap)

Jamaican voice: Yeah did somebody call from this number?

Me: Um....is this Gary?

Jamaican Voice: Yah mahn!

Me: Hey...yeah I called you, like, four days ago for an interview but haven't since then.

Jamaican Voice: OH yah yah mahn. How you doin? You comin' out to the show tonight?

Me: Yeah I can't wait...it's gonna be awesome.

Jamaican Voice: Great! You comin' empty handed?

Me: ..............

Jamaican Voice: You know what I mean?

Me: Yeah yeah...I think I gotcha.

Jamaican Voice: Cool if you can hook us up that'd be great. We'll pay for it of course!

Me: Uh...heheh...alright lemme see what I can do. I'll call you back.

So we're at this big outdoors music fest thing here in town and me and two friends ended up going into the basement of a neighboring business that was right by the stage and smoking up with Gary and "Familyman" Barrett of the Wailers! How cool is that?!?

I don't usually ever smoke weed but this was an oppurtunity I just couldn't pass up!

Back
Top Bottom