Check Me Out:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Dig:

most of you know my story about the ticket fiasco.
I'm sorry if I've beaten a dead horse.
some of you may not know it because there's alot of new members here recently.
I'll recap a short version:

joined u2.com
tried the presale for ny shows
paid $420 for 2 tickets to the meadowlands
originally, the seats were 1st level side of stage (10:20am)
then they moved to back of stage (2:00pm)
then they moved to rear of arena (9:00pm)
(this was all on the same day).

bitched and moaned via phone, email, and fax, numerous times to:
principle management
fanfire
ticketmaster

got a refund for my tickets, but was left with no tickets, and no chance at a presale in the future.

yet, I still paid $40 for that piece of shit membership to u2.com, which I only did for the chance at a presale.

now, they announce 3 shows for the garden this fall.
so what?
those tickets are gonna be snatched up by scalpers in 2 minutes.

I guess I won't be seeing my favorite band for the last 20 years this tour.

there's worse things in life, but hell, if I'm posting on a u2 forum, I figure I'll bitch about this to vent.

:yell:

Venting is allowed -- hang in there, and good luck with your upcoming ticket pursuits -- you've got to keep trying --- what's the line, "there is no failure, unless you quit" or something close from Miracle Drug.

That sucks...but I would kill to be so close to about a dozen shows (Philly, NJ, MSG, etc)

you can still get tickets. a very kind fan that posts here regularly has hooked me up.

my advice is to try to stay calm, post a request for tickets in the correct forum, bump that thread 2, 3, or 8 times, and hopefully you'll be as lucky as i am.

mikal said:
you can still get tickets. a very kind fan that posts here regularly has hooked me up.

my advice is to try to stay calm, post a request for tickets in the correct forum, bump that thread 2, 3, or 8 times, and hopefully you'll be as lucky as i am.

can you be more specific?:wink:

I vouch for that as well....I got a GA ticket for Bono's birthday by requesting it in the "What do you want" forum! :D

Alot of people's plans change and are unable to go or whatnot and you'll be able to buy the ticket at face value rather than paying broker scum.

Back
Top Bottom