cancelled orders?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kobayashi

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
have there been any reports of ticket orders being cancelled for those exceeding their pre-sale ticket buying parameters (whether they were U2.com or former Prop members)?

or was no one silly enough to chance it?

I wasn't even a prop member but my tickets have been purchased and mailed out ... I was going to chance it even more but the code wouldn't work again.

A fallacy here is believing that having your tickets in-hand means they can't get cancelled.

Do you really think TM would deliver tickets, then cancel them?

If they've already been delivered it's $ in the bank for TM.

If they cancel delivered tickets they've wasted the envelope, postage, and probably have to pay a CC refund fee.

Then they have to pay for the envelop and postage to send tose tickets to someone else.

For a company as greedy as TM, it doesn't seem very efficient.

MrBrau1 said:
Do you really think TM would deliver tickets, then cancel them?

If they've already been delivered it's $ in the bank for TM.

If they cancel delivered tickets they've wasted the envelope, postage, and probably have to pay a CC refund fee.

Then they have to pay for the envelop and postage to send tose tickets to someone else.

For a company as greedy as TM, it doesn't seem very efficient.

I agree with you. I think if they've actually sent out the tickets no other checks will be done to cause them to be cancelled.

(Although if they wanted to they could, i.e. fanfire or u2.com pressured them to cancel some order).

well now i'm officially paranoid. i guess that i'll just have to call ticketmaster before booking plane tickets and verify that my tickets are valid.

james

MrBrau1, they would only refund the ticket price. They would keep the service fee and postage. Then, they would turn around and sell them again and charge another service fee and postage.

esselte said:
MrBrau1, they would only refund the ticket price. They would keep the service fee and postage. Then, they would turn around and sell them again and charge another service fee and postage.

No. If they're the ones canceling the tickets, they need to give all your $ back. Otherwise they could cancel the entire presale, keep service charges from every sale, then resell every ticket again, and double their service charge revenue.

TM don't want to cancel orders. It cost's them $ if they've already been shipped. It also put "sold" product back on the shelf, which has the chance of not selling, I know "highly unlikely."

Last edited:
Seems lots of people are freaking out over this. If you happen to have more than one u2.com code and have bought tickets with the same credit card, regardless if you made different ticketmaster accounts, then there is a possiblity for your tickets to be cancelled and money refunded.

Apparently duplicate orders on the same credit card are not allowed. In order for orders to go through, each presale sale needs to happen on it's own unique credit card with unique address.

Don't quote me on this. Not sure if they are going to abide by the letter of the law.....or if they will filter through the millions of tickets to find culprets.

I figure like the rest of you....money in the bank is money in the bank.

I don't wanna be :sad:

What we need are people to list here if they......god forbid.....got their tickets cancelled......and what they did to get them cancelled.

they cancelled my tickets

my sister and i each had a code and used seperate codes and seperate credit cards with seperate addresses to buy but ticketmaster accused me of having a duplicate order and tried to cancel them.
i tried very had to explain how difficult it was to have used the code once, let alone twice.

seems what happened, and i'm not certain if its correct or not but its the only thing ticketmaster could think of for having gone wrong, is that i had used my sisters code to buy my tickets and she had used my code to buy her tickets. they cross referenced and saw my code had been used (but with her credit card) and then saw my details but on a credit card come up again (using her code) and counted it as a duplicate order.
I called and got them to double check that two separate codes and credit cards were used and that my details matched one of the codes and her details matched the other even if they were the wrong way round - seems they could verify u2.com membership details to match codes.
they verified everything and re-instated my tickets the same day
got it sorted eventually but not before my blood pressure went through the roof!

So how did ticketmaster contact you to let you know you order was or might be cancelled?

i got an email saying they had been cancelled

took 5 phonecalls and a lot of heightened emotions and subtle threats on my part to get it sorted but at least its sorted i guess

digsy said:
i got an email saying they had been cancelled

took 5 phonecalls and a lot of heightened emotions and subtle threats on my part to get it sorted but at least its sorted i guess

But this wasn't for your US tickets, was it?

Back
Top Bottom