Behind stage seats? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2005, 01:13 PM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 04:43 PM
Behind stage seats?

Are the seats behind the stage crap? (North America stage) I hear the LED screens have a 360 view around them because they are bulbs rather than flat screens, but is a seat behind the stage worth it if the band has their back to you to the whole time?

Old 06-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #2
Refugee

Local Time: 11:43 AM
Every seat has their disadvantages. If your on the side or too close, you may not see the screens.

if you sit up top, you may see the whole stage and all the video screens, but you can't see their faces.

If you sit behind, you might miss some of the visuals of the show and might look at their backs, but from my personal experience, I enjoyed the concerts just as much.

In fact, I prefer behind the stage to being across the arena in front of the band. I'd rarther be closer. It sounds great behind the stage. At least at MSG it does.

I wouldn't pay 500 bucks a ticket to go, but if you can find a good price, snap them up.

I paid 160 bucks for one ticket in sec 327 for MSG for May 21st, and it was a great show. I enjoyed my view. It's a pretty open stage. The only thing I could see was their faces and I still haven't seen what the video screens on the front project.

If you only go to one concert, you may want to be in front of the stage. But if you go to a lot of shows, a great seat is actually behind the stage.

If you can get downlow, all the better.

Old 06-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 12:43 PM
i was 5th row behind stage MSG and Philly (5.21,22) and it was awesome. i was straight back, the only down side was you couldnt read the light curtains when they were down really , notably for the fly.

but the view is fine.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:56 PM   #4
Refugee

Local Time: 12:43 PM
imo they need to get rid of the angled curtains and stuff and just line up the curtains to make a flat screen so that you can actually read the words on the fly.. even if you are off by a little bit from the centre the words in the fly look totally screwy (at least from the video boots i've seen)