Anyone looking forward to seeing U2 in a stadium again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

achtung y'all

The Fly
I thought the Elevation tour was brilliant. Simple, effective, the music came first in an intimate venue with a smaller crowd.

But the spectacle that was PopMart with 4 times the size of audience, a bigger stage (plus B stage), the volume cranked up - was a much more impressive and overwhelming concert experience. I personally can't wait to see them back in stadiums after a 8 year absence. Anyone on the same wavelength?

Having done both indoor and outdoor on Elevation...I have to say that seeing them in a stadium again does excite the hell out of me!

Maybe it has something to do with the audience reaction to the band and singing along to the songs amplified by 10 that is an adrenalin rush!

I can't wait. There's nothing like hearing snippets of a U2 soundcheck from outside a stadium to get the adrenalin racing.

I remember hearing the intro to Zoo Station and Streets outside Wembley and it makes the hairs on my arms stand on end.

And that's before you even get into the stadium!

I just hope and pray U2 decides to bring a few stadium shows to the US for the fall. I miss U2 in stadiums.

I wouldn't mind seeing a stadium show again. I hope they put some in the fall leg of the tour. :yes:

Volume cranked up?
I'm going to two concerts this summer. One ticket is GA and the other is seated - at the back of the stadium...
Had to settle with these tickets.
But speaking about volume, has anybody here any experiences with volume standing pretty far away? And yes, I know they put speakers in more than one place.
Maybe I'm being a moron here, but I would think that indoor concerts were much louder.

pulle28 said:
Volume cranked up?
I'm going to two concerts this summer. One ticket is GA and the other is seated - at the back of the stadium...
Had to settle with these tickets.
But speaking about volume, has anybody here any experiences with volume standing pretty far away? And yes, I know they put speakers in more than one place.
Maybe I'm being a moron here, but I would think that indoor concerts were much louder.

It'll be quite loud. I sat on the very top for a Rolling Stones concert. Mick Jagger looked like a ant. It was a great show and the volume was loud just like any other concert.

Hell no. The reason I don't go see anyone in a stadium anymore is U2. I saw them indoors on the JT tour and outdoors on the same tour. The outdooor concert was not good. The music was fine; it was the band and the disconnect from the audience. They were so far away literally and spiritually from the audience. They didn't react to us; they waited for us to react to them. It was after that show that I said never again.

Arenas! Its all about good acoustics. Especially for these newer arenas built in the mid 90s. I want to hear a good show more than I want to see a good show. Its all about the music.

With stadiums, nosebleed seats are always horrendous, though the sound quality tends to be better. I loved Popmart in a stadium, but my seats were so horrible that it could've been four random guys off the street onstage.

I'll get back to you on my final decision on May 23, after I'm in GA for Philly 2!

I can't wait for the 2 stadium shows I'm going to see this summer! I'm 20 and I've only seen U2 on Elevation tour, so I'm really happy that this time it will be a stadium tour here in Europe. It's a new experience, I guess!

I think stadiums would be nice and it would stop some of the complainers that wearnt able to get tickets...but then again they would probably just complain about the quality of ticket that they got instead.

Back
Top Bottom