Any point in trying to get thru to Ticketmaster on the phone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rusty James

Babyface
I really want to snag two tix for either the MSG or NJ shows tomorrow, but I'm afraid it's going to be a repeat of what happened Saturday morning, when I was shut out of all the Philly/Boston shows, despite being online at 10 a.m. sharp.

Has anyone had any luck buying tix by phone during the general sale? Or will I just be wasting my time?

My wife got through on the phone yesterday for San Diego, but no luck with LA today (although she was on the line with the TM person AS the 2nd Anaheim show went on sale, but the idiot had no clue: "What's the name of the band again? U2? And they're playing where? Um, let me see if I can find that...")

It took me like an hour to even get through to them yesterday to cancel an order. I kept getting "all circuits are busy" or just busy signals. It's worth a try though I guess, maybe tomorrow won't be a crazy. :shrug:

My friend got us GAs for San Diego on the phone. He called on his local TM number in a state where there were no tickets going on sale. He called before tickets went on sale and went through the automated system once so he'd know which buttons to press, so that at exactly 10am he called and hit the number for U2, bypassing the menu, and got right through. Good luck!

Thanks for all the advice.

My experience this morning: Went online at 9 a.m. and got shut out of MSG tix. Switched to Wed. NJ show at 9:02 and scored two nosebleeds, behind the stage. Hesitated for a moment, then bought them. At 9:08, got through for Tues. NJ show and snagged another nosebleed, but at least this time facing then stage. At 9:15, gave MSG one more try and snagged one seat, row D, sec. 223.

Never managed to get through on the phone at all.

Last edited:
The last few days I just couldnt get through from 5 mins. until the sale and on. EVERY center I called was busy or disconnected.

So this morning I called around 8:45 am and used the automated service, basically I fooled around on the phone for 15 mins, checking dates of bands I never heard of before. But that kept me on the line with ticketmaster. At 9:00 I went to the main menu and pressed the option "for all u2 concerts." Maybe it just came down to luck, but I got nosebleeds at the Garden basically in front of the stage. By the time I entered all my CC info, the seat was now nosebleeds on the side of the stage. But hey take what I can get for MSG.

I got through on the phone, got two section 112 seats. Went through the entire process, confirmed everything, pressed 1 to complete the order. Now ticketmaster says that they don't have any history of my order. F U Ticketmaster. I even spoke to a manager, who was more stupid than the original rep I spoke with!! They said nothing can be done.

You guys should peroidically call and check on tickets for whatever venue you are looking for. Yesterday I called for a friend and talked to a rep who was able to find several 49.50 tickets for different dates at one venue even after it was supposedly sold out days ago. It happens when people's cards are declined or tickets revoked for exceeding limits and other things. If you really want to go...keep trying.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom