After 21 years, Bono's finally got the facts straight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Anyone else notice that since the Rock and Roll HoF performance, Bono's been saying

"In the evening, April 4th..." instead of "Early morning, April 4th"

It only took him 21 years to get this straight. :wink: So that to me is good enough to warrant the inclusion of Pride again. :)

Actually, Bono has been saying "early evening April 4th" for quite a long time now - please go back and check some of the older concerts.

THE GOAL IS SOUL.... :up:

Jamila said:
Actually, Bono has been saying "early evening April 4th" for quite a long time now - please go back and check some of the older concerts.
The original line is "early evening," but it's inaccurate since MLK was shot in the morning. UL is pointing out that Bono has fixed it recently.

typhoon said:

The original line is "early evening," but it's inaccurate since MLK was shot in the morning. UL is pointing out that Bono has fixed it recently.

Actually, it's just the opposite.

This is actually the first time I actually noticed he changed it, but we have to understand news didn't hit Dublin till early morning.

BonoVoxSupastar said:
This is actually the first time I actually noticed he changed it, but we have to understand news didn't hit Dublin till early morning.

but then wouldn't it be early morning, April 5th? :huh:

UnforgettableLemon said:
Anyone else notice that since the Rock and Roll HoF performance, Bono's been saying

It only took him 21 years to get this straight. :wink: So that to me is good enough to warrant the inclusion of Pride again. :)

Awww!! I was born on "early morning April 4"and I always thought it was better that he got it wrong because then it was closer to me... Hehe, sadly my only connection to the band so far (I haven't even seen them live yet).

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
I read this somewhere... it was early morning in Dublin when it happened so Bono went with that.

Yeah...I agree with the above statement...that's what I learned.....it was morning in Dublin at the time.....

Jamila said:

THE GOAL IS SOUL.... :up:

Actually, I just went back and listened to about 5 different versions of Pride from the Elevation tour, and in each one he says "early morning April 4th." Perhaps he has said early evening a few times, but for the most part... he's stuck with early morning.. the original incorrect lyric.

THE GOAL IS CHECKING YOUR FACTS... :up:

I can understand Bono going with the time it happened in Dublin, but I'd think for the sake of storytelling he'd at least want to set it in the time of day when Dr. King would have experienced it

lol

Also, before "40" on the San Diego 1 show, he says they haven't played "40" live since 1983. But I have it on my Joshua Tree Tour tapes I made. They played it in 1987 and 1988. Do you think someone has corrected him yet?

UnforgettableLemon said:

yeah I noticed it too, but at the concert in Anaheim (1) he still said Early morning...:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom