ONE of Texas and AIDS in Africa film

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jamila

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Everyone,

We hope that you can come and join us at this MOST IMPORTANT film event on behalf of The ONE Campaign. Admission is free.

Please come and meet Neil Halloran and hear about his experiences in South Africa. And thank you for your continued support of The ONE Campaign.

And, if you're in the Austin area, please watch a live interview with Neil and me on Fox 7 news this coming Friday morning at 6:40am!

Take very good care. Blessings.

ONE,

Debbie

On Friday, June 24 2005, The ONE Campaign presents the local premier showing of "Five Heroes of AIDS in Africa", a film documentary which chronicles the daily lives of five AIDS activists in South Africa, one of the worst AIDS affected countries in the world. The premier will take place from 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM at Mitchie's Gallery, 6406 N. IH 35 Suite #2800, Austin Texas.

The documentary was made in 2002 by Neil Halloran, a University of Pennsylvania student, who travelled extensively in South Africa to document the AIDS epidemic in that country. Mr. Halloran is currently residing in Austin, Texas and is the co-owner of Higher Media, an Austin-based web-design group.

After the viewing, Mr. Halloran will discuss the making of his film and the effect it has had in his life.

This film presentation co-incides with the meeting of G8 member nations to be held in Gleneagles, Scotland from July 6-8 2005. International pressure has been building for the leaders of the countries to fulfill the promises they have made to increase assistance to Africa to help eradicate AIDS and extreme poverty from the continent. This international pressure has resulted in the worldwide "white band" movement (http://www.whiteband.org) and the recent announcement of the "Live8" concerts which will be held around the world on July 2, 2005 (http://www.live8live.com).

This evening of awareness about the AIDS epidemic in Africa is presented by Neil Halloran and the Austin branch of The ONE Campaign, a volunteer effort in support of the national grassroots organization inaugurated last year by Bono, the internationally acclaimed lead singer of U2, and one of the world's foremost humanitarians for Africa. The ONE Campaign seeks to unite Americans from diverse backgrounds into a unified voice for increased U.S. assistance for Africa.

If anyone out here is from the Austin area, please come check out this evening of solidarity with the People of Africa and ONE.

:wink:

Carmelu2fan said:
I wish I lived in your area...I would love to attend:sad:

Yeah, me too. Our ONE group here (SF Bay Area) got a great start and there were lots of promising ideas but everyone seems to have fallen off of the bandwagon.:eyebrow:

Jamila and Hotpepper!!!!:wave: I would hope to start a ONE camp going in my city ,but I do not think anyone cares enough to commet to it. How unfortunate is that?..... Hotpepper , I hope that you can encourage people to contunie to support this great cause.... Also,I really like your ADAM quote too:)

I understand, just sit back and listen to BAD.....That is my song!!!! It helps me forget about the pain...."To let it go ,and so to fade away":)

Back
Top Bottom