March 28th, San Diego Sports Arena

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would get a rental car and just go to San Diego, the Hol. Inn directly across from the arena is not expensive at all. And there are plenty of nice places for good prices. I would not stay up in Orange County when I am going to the San Diego shows, Newport Beach hotels are expensive btw, but there's no point even being there, you want to go down asap to San Diego. I drive it to concerts a lot from up there, and watch your speed, there are several areas you will be doing 90, don't, you'll get a ticket, but the only traffic jams per se are in Oceanside and La Jolla, and I still get down there in an hr.

Don't stay up there unless you're going to the Pond shows, and in which case directly across from the Pond is a wonderful hotel, the Ayres Hotel, others are up the street toward Disneyland, not walking distance tho.

As a U2 fan, you would want to be down in San Diego, watch the trucks arrive to set up the stage, etc. All the fans gathering. I just can't imagine not staying down there.

But if you've got a "few days earlier" as I see, then I would take that rental car and maybe stay near Disneyland because there is a HOB at the Disney Resort area there with great music every night, and then go the day before to San Diego.

Last edited:
I'm staying with 6 friends from my college days at the Best Western on the beach, in Pacific Beach. We get into town on Thursday night, and we're all lining up early on Monday to get in the heart.

Anyone know any good clubs in Tijuana? We want to do a big night out in Mexico over the weekend. Thanks for the recommendations! :)

i think we're staying at the W. comin in from SF. anyone know how far it is from the W to the stadium? any tips on traffic, parking, etc?

thanks! and i can't wait!!

My Friend and I are staying at the Holiday inn right by the venue. We're flying in on Saturday to just chil out in San Diego. As you may have read elsewhere I'm filming a Documentary about U2 fans going to the opening show of this tour. We'll prolly start filming on Sunday. There are plans being made on atU2.com for a Fan meeting that has nothing to do with a cover band. So if you're not going to Virtago's eve Check out the forums at atu2.com. This should be a BLAST!

staying in the Ramada Inn on Midway road, next street over from the Sports Arena. So whos ready to party. Arriving Monday afternoon and heading over to the arena with some Guinesses... any takers...e-mail me: artdirector_1973@yahoo.com

Just sleep in your car, and shower on the beach, or at the hotel swimming pools, thats what me and my friends did in Miami. We also slept on the couches in the hotel lobby, but we got kicked out at about 5 am by a police officer!

burlesquebaby said:
i think we're staying at the W. comin in from SF. anyone know how far it is from the W to the stadium? any tips on traffic, parking, etc?

thanks! and i can't wait!!

the W is a great hotel, swanky and the rooms are awesome. the arena is about a $20 cab ride, around 10-15minutes from downtown. traffic can be a bitch on the 5 but you won't be on it for too long. any other questions, just ask.

Hey gang! I drive past the Sports Arena several times a day and tonite as I was passing on the 8 on my way home from work the place was all lit up with green and white lights all around the Bldg, it looks AAWESOME! They have officially changed their name now also to ipayone center (www.ipayone.com).

San Diego and the Sports Arena is ready for U2!

Carek1230 said:
Hey gang! I drive past the Sports Arena several times a day and tonite as I was passing on the 8 on my way home from work the place was all lit up with green and white lights all around the Bldg, it looks AAWESOME! They have officially changed their name now also to ipayone center (www.ipayone.com).

San Diego and the Sports Arena is ready for U2!

Great link - That will stop people from wanting to move here.

I used to live in San Diego. For those of you visiting, if you have a free evening drive down toward Point Loma to Sunset Cliffs. Nice part of the coastline for watching the sun go down.

Also, hopefully you all know to check out La Jolla Cove. And if you have a full free day, Ensenada, Mexico is great.

Flying in from YUL (Montreal) via LAX. Staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Old Town, about 1 mile from the arena. It got great guest reviews and is pretty cheap. I think we're going to be going to the Blarneystone Pub and Grill the evening of the 27th.

Hello hello!!

Jon

MiguelM - hey where do you want the Guinesses delivered. We should have a party after the concert on Monday. The concert will probably end at 11 PM so we have about 3 hours to drink at the local pub. Anyone know of some good ones?

I'm ready to drink right now.

I dont have GA tix, so I'll probably get to the arena at about 1pm, we could have a meet there and talk with the fortunate people in line for GA

I dont have GA either. I have GA for Wednesday though. Payed a fortune but U2's the shit. My brother and I will probably get there by 3 PM. We're flying in from El Paso and still need to check into our hotel. We'll probably have a few on the plane before we get there. What seats do you have?

I'm in lower corner behind the stage. Sorry don't have the tickets on hand right now but I know we are on the left hand side of th stage.

Flying tomorrow to El Paso. Then San Diego Monday. We should get some people together for some party drinks.

Secret meeting place

There is a bar at The Sports Arena called the 'Arena Club'. If you were to see it, it looks like a private club. Which is great because no-one goes down there. It always has open tables and the line is always short. Great place to be while the 'Kings Of Leon' are playing. You can also get to it from the floor of the arena. There is normaly a video running of the band who is playing on the night on all the TV's.

Back
Top Bottom