June 18th, Twickenham Stadium in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beau2ifulday said:

I doubt that there will be a U2 tribute band playing anywhere near... I scarcely seem them advertised as it is, yet alone on the actual night of a U2 concert.

I don't know, there was definately someone advertising a party after the Manchester gig with a couple of tribute bands.

It depends on how shrewd the pub owners in the surrounding area are, all is i know is that if I owned a venue and wanted to make sure I had more customers than my competitors on the 18th and 19th of June I'd book a tribute act.

Some info about Twickenham pubs from another forum

"Cabbage Patch", out the train station do a left, can't miss it as it's on the corner on the way down (bear in mind your going away from the stadium going to the pubs) quite nice. I'd imagine it would be amazingly busy as it's first pub you hit from station and is always busy for Rugby Matches / concerts etc.

"Rugby Tavern", your traditional grotty working mans pub, which I quite like right across from the Patch, again will be busy but not as much. Quite small and cramped inside.

Personally if it's a nice day, I'd head for the river as it's only another 5 / 10 mins down the road. follow road your on round until you see Macdonalds, go down side street next to it, and turn left before you get wet, and you get to the "Barmy Arms", nice beer garden at front, or follow river along for nicest pub in area I reckon, the "White Swan", right by the river. No need to go into pub as everyone congregates outside as it's right on river with it's own beer garden, and beachy bit.

Last edited:
Yes, there are after-show parties in m/c after both concerts. I am going to both dates ans am tempted to go to the second night party - but will have to convince friends first !

Mike

ps if anyone wants the the link to the parties then e-mail me.

pps - I am going to twickenham on 19/6 and have a spare seating (£70) ticket - willing to swap for a 18/6 ticket.

Bono's Tart said:

I'm going to

Manchester both dates
Twickenham both dates
Glasgow
Croke Park both dates
Cardiff

and Madrid in August trying desperately for Paris and NY in November.

i wish i could go to glasgow and cardiff, dont have enough hols left from work tho:(

im @ both manchester, going to croke and twickenham(hopefully) so c u there :D

Last edited:
Have you got your tickets for Twickenham??

Because my sister in London is still waiting...and she`s getting a little nervous:huh: .

i think alot of people have got theirs now, but not everyone. i wouldnt start blind panic just yet.

anyone from the States have a hotel worked out that is relatively close to the venue? I looked over this thread and didn't see anything mentioned....

I also waited too long and am now looking for something nearby. I might have an angle on a hotel which is somewhat close, but not quite walking distance. If we can get a group together, perhaps we could all chip in on a large room, since their smaller rooms are already booked. It is a 5 minute train ride from Twickenham.

SoCalMusicLover said:
I also waited too long and am now looking for something nearby. I might have an angle on a hotel which is somewhat close, but not quite walking distance. If we can get a group together, perhaps we could all chip in on a large room, since their smaller rooms are already booked. It is a 5 minute train ride from Twickenham.
I'm definitely interested in sharing. I'm in the States now but leave on Sunday...I'll be in London a couple days and then in Italy until just before the shows. Feel free to email me: ruffian@u2email.com.

Hi,

I'll be flying out of Orange County (SoCal) on June 14th and staying in London thru the 19th. From there it's on to Glasgow. Would love to meet up with all of you planning something before the 1st Twick show. My companions and I are staying near City Centre, so we'll have to catch a train, tube, or bus down to that area.

This will be my first time in the UK...getting jazzed each day goes by. Can't wait to see U2 in a stadium!

I read somewhere that there will be no Elipse on this leg (it's a rumor floating around at u2tours.com)

Anyways, look forward to meeting up with some of you.

jeffl

anyone doing a meeting thing or know party's going on in london before/after the shows? i'll be there 16th through the 20th.

Jesseu2,

You going to Glasgow too? I'll be at 18th Twick and Glasgow gigs. Don't know either area...but I'll try and find something close to both venues. BB Mac is meeting up at Glasgow...and a few others. But nothing set in stone yet.

JeffL

(15th thru 19th in London - 20th thru 22nd in Glasgow then back to London for a night then back home

:(

White Swan?

jesseu2!

I'll get to meet ya a week before we do Dubbers - excellent!

How about the 'White Swan', as described previously in this thread? I've got a GA ticket for this one.

What time you wanting to get to the stadium, etc?

Busby.

busby, White Swan? where and when? i'll check the thread too.. i'll be wanting to get to the venue the night before or pretty early in London, not sure yet. I've got GA to every show in england, scotland, an ireland.

Wow!

Jesseu2,

Sweet. As this wristband system isn't happening in Europe, I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get up close and personal.

If that means queueing all day, then, so be it. You got any accurate info on the process?

Work commitments mean I won't be in London until Saturday AM.

Busby.

Re: Wow!

irishbusby said:
Jesseu2,

Sweet. As this wristband system isn't happening in Europe, I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get up close and personal.

Wristband system?

Is it first-come-first-serve with the ellipse then?

Re: Re: Re: Wow!

jesseu2 said:

i think it depends on what it says on your ticket, not sure...... wait for people to report from brussels

there really isnt an elipse but headphone style bstages. u seen the pics?
here......
http://www.u2achtung.com/01/photos/vertigoleg2/2005_06_10-dscn0569.jpg
http://www.u2achtung.com/01/photos/vertigoleg2/2005_06_10-dscn0565.jpg

:D

Y'know, i'm not quite sure why I said ellipse. I'm not even sure what an ellipse looks like...

I have a bad habit of doing that. Using words which are completely inaccurate
:coocoo:

what time are people for twickers planning on getting there to queue?

Back
Top Bottom