June 18th, Twickenham Stadium in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What are our options? I've been to London before but I'm not exactly familiar with it.

Jon

Last edited:
Princey said:

hey, ill be taking the trip down from Hull to Twickenham on the 18th. cya there!!

:wave:

HI!!

Think we are going down on train for these as we have so much driving to do!!
:wink:

C ya there!!

yeah were going on the train too, that way we get to spend more time having a look around before the show.

8 shows in 16 days I think I'm going to need a holiday after all this!!:wink:

Just time for a rest before the Madrid gig!!

i spose for the party we could just go to a pub?? or maybe go into central london on the subway and go to a club?? any other suggestions?

1 love 1 life said:
i spose for the party we could just go to a pub?? or maybe go into central london on the subway and go to a club?? any other suggestions?

I think the pubs in the surrounding area are probably our best option, I don't know it that well so I'm not sure about clubs.

Twickenham is a bit of a distance from the Central London and as most who are going home will be heading in that direction I think it might be an unneccessary battle for us to meet up there.

That's just my opinion I don't know what anyone else thinks.

Bono's Tart said:
8 shows in 16 days I think I'm going to need a holiday after all this!!:wink:

Just time for a rest before the Madrid gig!!

It's a tough life, huh?
:D

Last edited:
Princey said:
so what other shows are you going to?

I'm going to

Manchester both dates
Twickenham both dates
Glasgow
Croke Park both dates
Cardiff

and Madrid in August trying desperately for Paris and NY in November.

I'll be at Twickenham #1 with a GA ticket. I plan to queue the night before possibly. I'd be up for a before or after party, so hopefully someone closer to the venue can help figure out possibilities on locations.

Does England have open container laws? Can you drink a beer while waiting in line for the show, or is that taboo like many places here?

SoCalMusicLover

please tell me your are joking about going to queue over night???????????:huh:

Not sure they will even allow overnighters.

Bono's Tart said:
SoCalMusicLover

please tell me your are joking about going to queue over night???????????:huh:

Not sure they will even allow overnighters.

Why would I be joking? I heard that people over there queue up 2 days in advance for Wimbledon, so I expected a fair amount would do the same for this.

It depends whether they do random selection into the Pit, like they are in the U.S. If it's first come, first served, then I want to be at the front of the line.

Name a pub!

I'll be there with GA ticket.

As I recall, there are loads of pubs near the nearest tube station - anyone with some local knowledge care to name one? Short walk 2 stadium from there.

C ya there!

Busby.

SoCalMusicLover said:

Why would I be joking? I heard that people over there queue up 2 days in advance for Wimbledon, so I expected a fair amount would do the same for this.

It depends whether they do random selection into the Pit, like they are in the U.S. If it's first come, first served, then I want to be at the front of the line.

I dont think it will matter if you are there all night or 50 minutes before the gates open it will depend on if your ticket beeps when it gets scanned. Getting there early wont guarantee a place in the ellipse.

I just think its very funny that anyone would queue overnight!!!!
Sorry!!

That's assuming they do the beep process for the European Stadium shows. It still may be first come, first served.

And why is it funny that someone would queue overnight? It's been happening for most of the shows thus far in California, and Europe shows will have 3 times the # of people in attendance, so there's a pretty high likelihood that many will do that over there too.

Last edited:
Right, so the consensus seems to be that a gathering at a pub nearby, after the concert is the best thing. This does mean anyone under eighteen is excluded but I would guess that this isn't a huge problem.

We've got a slight problem putting things together at this stage because it's a bit difficult to hazzard a guess as to what numbers we're dealing with.

And there's still a couple of things we still need to establish:-

Are we hoping to find somewhere that's got something U2 specific on (eg a tribute band or themed night) or somewhere more general.

We still have very little in the way of local knowledge.

Bono's Tart said:

I'm going to

Manchester both dates
Twickenham both dates
Glasgow
Croke Park both dates
Cardiff

and Madrid in August trying desperately for Paris and NY in November.

If you try tickettravel on the top deck of Princes Quay in Hull you may have some luck for Paris. its about £250 including travel and accommodation i think but dunno if all the tickets are gone yet

Does anybody know what the attendance will be for the show? What is a sell out when you include the pitch? Thanks.

Jon

SoCalMusicLover said:
That's assuming they do the beep process for the European Stadium shows. It still may be first come, first served.

And why is it funny that someone would queue overnight? It's been happening for most of the shows thus far in California, and Europe shows will have 3 times the # of people in attendance, so there's a pretty high likelihood that many will do that over there too.

We will have more chances as the ellipse will be bigger but believe me its going to be a similar deal!

I still dont think they will allow to camp out over night you may just have to go early. But good luck to you if thats what you want to do.

I understand that its happened in California but its really not a requirement its a bit sad really!

The phrase get a life springs to mind!!:wink:

Last edited:
Princey said:

If you try tickettravel on the top deck of Princes Quay in Hull you may have some luck for Paris. its about £250 including travel and accommodation i think but dunno if all the tickets are gone yet

I saw that in the paper but we went with them to Paris on the lasttour and the tickets were crap even though we had been told they were standing the werent!!
Even the video screens looked tiny we were so far back!:huh:

Bono's Tart said:
I still dont think they will allow to camp out over night you may just have to go early. But good luck to you if thats what you want to do.

I understand that its happened in California but its really not a requirement its a bit sad really!

The phrase get a life springs to mind!!:wink:

I find it funny that someone who is going to 8 shows in 16 days, is telling me that I'm sad for spending a night in line during the summer in England. I suppose you could go down the road and find the people who wait in line for 48 hours to get a seat at Wimbledon.

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. There are people who think I'm slightly strange for going overseas for 4 U2 shows, and I assure you there are many who would say "get a life," to a person who sees a band 8 times in about 2 weeks. Lighten Up!

SoCalMusicLover said:

I find it funny that someone who is going to 8 shows in 16 days, is telling me that I'm sad for spending a night in line during the summer in England. I suppose you could go down the road and find the people who wait in line for 48 hours to get a seat at Wimbledon.

If you live in a glass house, don't throw stones. There are people who think I'm slightly strange for going overseas for 4 U2 shows, and I assure you there are many who would say "get a life," to a person who sees a band 8 times in about 2 weeks. Lighten Up!

The difference being I wont be sleeping outside overnight!!:scratch:

Some of us have to do 8 shows in 16 days as we dont have the luxury of having two legs to go to in our own country!!!
I dont think its strange to go overseas to see U2 I have to usually but thats normal for UK fans as we always get the crap deal with concerts.

Dont be so touchy!!
:rolleyes:

You do what you want I couldnt care less but just remember that there are loads of entrances at Twickenham and even if you queue for days before, not all the entrances will open at the same time.
Just a thought!!

Some of us have to do 8 shows in 16 days as we dont have the luxury of having two legs to go to in our own country!!!
I dont think its strange to go overseas to see U2 I have to usually but thats normal for UK fans as we always get the crap deal with concerts.

Dont be so touchy!!

well said, I live 20 mins from Twickenham and I am off to Manchester to see the band as I just could not Twickenham tickets - we have GA for Manc and to aviod getting stuck in traffic we are getting there early and will camp out for a bit.....

As it is I have managed to get hold of 2 seated tickets for Twickenham when TM released some recently.... mad........

I do wish U2 were doing more gigs here - lets face it 2 gigs to cover the whole of the south of england is just not enough........

We are the lucky ones though

Lisa

I am going to Twickenham on June 18th - travelling down from Scotland for the weekend. I am also going to Hampden and Cardiff.

I intend to get the train out to the Twickenham area about 2pm in the afternoon - is there going to be a meet up in any of the local pubs before the concert ?? I think all the trains and the tube finish at around 12.30am so I won't be hanging around afterwards.

tarquinsuperb said:
Right, so the consensus seems to be that a gathering at a pub nearby, after the concert is the best thing. This does mean anyone under eighteen is excluded but I would guess that this isn't a huge problem.

We've got a slight problem putting things together at this stage because it's a bit difficult to hazzard a guess as to what numbers we're dealing with.

And there's still a couple of things we still need to establish:-

Are we hoping to find somewhere that's got something U2 specific on (eg a tribute band or themed night) or somewhere more general.

We still have very little in the way of local knowledge.

I doubt that there will be a U2 tribute band playing anywhere near... I scarcely seem them advertised as it is, yet alone on the actual night of a U2 concert.

Back
Top Bottom