June 14th, City of Manchester Stadium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm going to that show!!! Is there going to be a group of fans meeting up at all? I'm going to be very lonely otherwise.....lol!!!
Jenny

i'll be getting into manchester by late afternoon or evening... don't know how tired i will be, lol.. but if i'm awake enough, then yea lets meet up!!

Hi. I should be in Manch by about 6pm on monday 13th. Staying at the Britannia hotel in Portland Street. Where do people intend to meet up, what time? Going on my own so could do with some similar company!

Pamela, i dont know if anyones meeting before the shows.. but i do know theres a unofficial after party each show at The Brickhouse. tickets need to be bought in advance at Ticketline www.ticketline.co.uk might want to just call them, phone number on there... just search u2 an it'll come up. u can have the tickets left at the door. 4 pounds each ticket.

ill be arriving the 14th around 5pm but going to the show on 15th
if anyone wants to meet up im travelling down from scotland
take in a few bars maybe even end up going to the gig on the 14th! :)

BB Mac

Yes think I`ll get there for about 9am. Bought a waterproof jacket today just incase it rains! I`ll be at gate B though - don`t know what the difference is. Did you get your tickets in the presale? I did. I think gate B is at the stage end though who knows until we actually get there. Getting really excited now after seeing the stage on various websites, looks fab!

Pamelakellett said:
Yes think I`ll get there for about 9am. Bought a waterproof jacket today just incase it rains! I`ll be at gate B though - don`t know what the difference is. Did you get your tickets in the presale? I did. I think gate B is at the stage end though who knows until we actually get there. Getting really excited now after seeing the stage on various websites, looks fab!
I,ve just looked on Man city's web site and both B and y gates are at the same end of the stadium,I just cant wait:hyper:

pamela, yes i got my ticket thru the presale... i too got a hat incase it rains, dont care about rest of my body gettin wet, just my head as i wear hearing aides, heh... wait, maybe i should get something so i dont get my camera soaked? when it rains... how hards it comin down? maybe i'll want a poncho so i don't get soaked..

decisions, decisions

It can really chuck it down in Manchester - infact anywhere in the UK! I keep checking the weather forecast, a couple of days ago it said sun, now rain - but thats UK weather for you. Maybe there`ll be somewhere to shelter? Anyway we`ll dry out when all packed in close to the stage - apparently the lights are so hot they set fire to something when they tested it out, so I think its going to be hot!

I've just checked the BBC's 5 day forecast and Tuesdays looking okay as there's supposed to be sunny intervals although it could change:wink:

U2'S AIRCRAFT SPOTTED AT MANCHESTER AIRPORT

Lunchtime Monday I saw U2s plane parked near Terminal 1...you can spot it from the walkway from terminal 1 to T2. Probably the best place to se it would be from the top of the T1 multistory.

Oh my god, im so excited i wont be able to sleep tonight! I'll be queuing up outside gate K around 3ish :D

did anyone else hear a rumour about the lower tier of seats being reserved for us poor standing folk? my poor little legs wont last for 8hrs stood up straight! but it'll be worth it!!!! :drool: :drool:

me and my mates will be around Deansgate this afternoon - Hard Rock cafe should also be good. tomorrow- depends on the weather but if a sunny day (?) Castlefield would be good.

Everyone enjoy the shows - and be loud !

Mike

Back
Top Bottom